• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I had a similar headcanon to that one, but it also involved Rings and good old workout.

One headcanon I have relating to Chaos Energy is that Sonic chaos energy is yellow instead of green like Shadow's.

Another one I have is that Darkspine Sonic is possible to archieve with the Chaos Emeralds (it's Sonic's dark form in the game universe), this is due to the World Rings having similar (but still different) energies to the Chaos Emeralds, they just work different.

My headcanon is that almost every impressive destructive feat (Defeating Eggrobo, Nega Wisp Armor, Ifrit, Iblis, Biolizard, his second encounter with Infinite) that Sonic's done thus far was only done with low-mid effort and he's much more powerful than he lets on.

Well the Chaos Spear is yellow.

I also have a couple of headcanons regarding Shadow. If he wanted to, Shadow would be able to use Black Doom's abilities such as telekinesis, mindhax, and creating illusions as he was created using Black Doom's DNA. Additionally, he would have Low-Mid regen as he is an improvement over the prototype Biolizard who can regenerate lost limbs.

My headcanon is that Knuckles is the most powerful chaos user and that he's put on the sidelines so that he doesn't ruin all the tension ovo

Headcanons, huh?

Sonic can only use things like Chaos Control and other abilities because he's the Embodiment of Chaos in the games, too, making him a sort of "conduit" for Chaos Energy.

A headcanon I mentioned a couple threads ago is that the Time Eater is an anomalies made by the excess mega wisp energy from Colors.

On a different note, I've always wondered how powerful Darkspine Sonic would be if he used all 7 world rings.

On another different note, what ever happened to the Chaos rings from Knuckles' Chaotix?

Another headcanon I have is that Big the Cat holds back a lot. As in using even a pint of his power would shake the very foundation of the multiverse.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Another headcanon I have is that Big the Cat holds back a lot. As in using even a pint of his power would shake the very foundation of the multiverse.
INB4 Big the Cat was the one that made the Chaos Emeralds and only made them to get some entertainment for milennia.

INB4 Big the Cat was the one that made the Chaos Emeralds and only made them to get some entertainment for milennia.

Sure. Considering Princess Elise is a summoner at 2-C just by crying. And she is a key member in erasing a 2-C and undoing its acts once and for all.

Topic Question:

What/How would you change about the Sonic Universe (Game, Archie, whatever your choice is)?

Character design, tone, plot, etc

Game- Make Tails less of a coward. He proved to himself in SA1 that he didn't need to rely on Sonic to get shit done, but then he's threatened and afraid of Chaos 0? C'mon. Making other characters more prominent would also be great.

Archie- I would've liked for Sonic to have been more involved in Chaos Force business and possibly get a new form. It would've been cool to see something like Chaos Knuckles vs. Sonic in parallel to Hyper Knuckles vs. Super Sonic, if onyl becaise it would be badass to see.

Sonic X- I would've liked another season focusing solely on Sonic and co.'s adventures in their world. That concept always seemed cool to me.

I'd honestly love another season of Sonic X. Thank God 4Kids shutdown so we don't have to worry about them dubbing over it I'd love to see Sonic & co. on their own without Chris and for Dark Super Sonic to get explored more because he's only made 1 appearance and it's a really cool concept to see how Sonic uses the negative side of Chaos Energy.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Topic Question:
What/How would you change about the Sonic Universe (Game, Archie, whatever your choice is)?

Character design, tone, plot, etc

Code:
I would lift the no pants rule, also the girls would be allowed to run without clothes on as well (kinda like Sally in that there isn't anything sexual in her old design, her current one is still pretty good though), the characters sometime wear clothes and sometimes don't, it leads to more varied wardrobe.

Sega Of Japan will immediately put their foot down on archie and Sega Of America all those years ago and not let them divide the Sonic canon preventing all those fan wars, I would be losing STC butit's worth it in this case.

Sonic would be more willing to use his Chaos Powers.

There's better translator for the scripts.

I'll make it more clear that Sonic dislikes crying and sadness so certain people get the memo.

All the characters are pansexual and polygamous

For the Game canon:

• Have the "side characters" become relevant again. Pretty much everyone was shafted in Sonic Forces, with the Resistance getting totally schooled until Sonic was freed from the Death Egg. Silver, Shadow, Omega, the Chaotix, and even Tails should've put up a much better fight against the Eggman Empire.
  • Shadow's hasn't got much characterization and relevant soles since the Sonic Rivals series, so y'know, that sucks...
  • The tone of the series currently leaves a lot to be desired (Lost World and Forces says hi). The tone of the Adventure Era games or even the "Dark Age" have given more compelling stories.

@Maverick Shadow kinda just disappeared for 6 months. At least if they made him a villain like the Forces trailers were depicting it then that would've been one less plot hole.

Shadow going evil again actually could've been really interesting and could've had several great ways of approaching the matter. Sonic and Shadow duking it out with no-holds barred would've been really interesting. Alternatively, Sonic convincing Shadow to join the good guys again without even fighting could've definitely given their "friendship" some growth.

They can genuinely do a bumch of cool things with Shadow and his character, but they're missing the good opportunities.

The whole point of Shadow is being someone who gets shit done by any means necessary.

He did murder the entire Jackal Squad aside from Infinite though.

I always thought the whole point of Shadow was to tell the story of someone who's looking for a purpose in life after they're given amnesia and don't remember what happened on a certain tragic day until they realize that the past is the past, they're in control of their own destiny and they choose to use their freedom to protect the planet that their loved one once loved.

That's interesting. I wonder, do you guys think Sonic and Shadow would seek to kill each other if the situation called for it?

They're such good friends and all

Sonic would probably try to find another way to solve the situation without punching Shadow out (unless his plan involves punching Shadow out).

Shadow would probably try to kill Sonic, but not 100% willingly. Like on the surface, it looks like he's not holding back, but in all actuality, he's regretting it.

Also if IDW is any indication I don't think they're out to kill each other over disagreements anymore (did they ever do that?), they looked more like they wanted to get the other out of the way without trying to hurt them too much

Maverick Zero X said:
I wonder, do you guys think Sonic and Shadow would seek to kill each other if the situation called for it?
This is a question that really interests me.

Sonic, true to his character, would probably want to avoid killing a "friend" above all else. I think it would've been easier for him to kill Shadow Pre-06 (SA2-Shadow the Hedgehog) back when he was a threat to the entire planet. He probably wouldn't go for the kill nowadays and go for incapacitation. At the same time, he knows how dangerous Shadow can be.

Shadow, true to his character, would likely be willing to do whatever was necessary. Still, you can definitely see a sort of friendship form between them (as light as that bond might be) with Shadow becoming more tolerant with him. So if he was out to kill Sonic, as DaBoi said, it wouldn't be as easy as it was.

I'd love to see that. If it does happen, I'd appreciate it even more if the characterization really kept true to how the characters usually are. Sonic is a smartass, not a self-centered douche and would do whatever it takes to keep everyone happy & the world safe; Shadow is edgy and does what needs to be done, but he's anything except heartless & cruel and really does care a lot about people though he's not good at showing it.

A cool concept I had was for a Heroes character swap mechanic that you could do on the fly, with Sonic having access to Color Powers and Shadow having access to Chaos Powers.

Then to tie it up with a sort of level-up system like Unleashed, leveling up Sonic grants him access to low-level Chaos Powers and leveling up Shadow lets him gain access to a smaller variety of Color Powers.

@DaBoi Oh yeah, I agree there 100%

Back