• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
ShakeResounding said:
Sonic Topic: If you could bring back one of Sonic's game-exclusive forms (Werehog, Excalibur, Darkspine, Hyper) for another appearance, which one would you bring back and why?
Me personally, I'd love to see Darkspine come back again. A ruthless and hate-driven Sonic is something that I always thought of as an interesting concept, and it was cool to see him that serious and angry due to him almost never being that serious. Seeing him for more than ten seconds in cutscenes would also be nice, and his design was pretty badass. Plus, I feel like they could make some pretty neat abilities using the power of the World Rings.
Definitely Hyper for me. It just seems like something that can still be done even if the Super Emeralds are gone (there's always the Master Emerald to either bring em back or use it to become Hyper, just sayin').

I think it was explained in the manual that Sonic's Werehog form was created because at the time Dark Gaia was released, it created a link with the emeralds that transfered parts of him to Sonic, that's why he transforms

I wish Sonic continuity was much more tight and each game's plot seeming to matter in the long run as they reference each other multiple times lore wise. A popular theory is that The Ultimate Lifeform project turned into a Hedgehog model because of the hedgehog mural found in Sonic 3 (I think)

Now that's cool as it explains the huge shift from lizard to hedgehog and also feels like the world is actually...alive.

I think that went until Sonic Adventure, because Perfect Chaos is hinted in the S3&K japanese manual by Knuckles as "The Legendary Dragon"

Still, I doubt that would happen or if it does, it be with new things introduced, I kinda doubt they're gonna brign up old lore now

Though If I want stuff with tigh continuity of old stuff I read a fic...well a fic that does at any rate

@Cal I wasn't a fan of the Werehog story-wise, but I feel like people hated on the gameplay more than necessary. The combos with him were actually really fun to do imo.

Man looked at a lot of Sonic smash fan art and it's usually just them dicking on Sonic. This hate bandwagon makes me wish Sonic was never in Smash to begin with lol.

Be lucky Sonic is in Smash fanart. He was around during the Brawl era, where the fanart was at its most pure and wholesome stage. And that's the one game (besides 64) my boi Mewtwo wasn't in.

The butt of the joke as in people mock is "shaky carrer"? Or as in everyone can beat him up?

One thing I always liked about the Sonic Comics is that they take a wonky concept or lore from the Sega Canon & make the absolute best out of a bad situation.For instance Post-SGW did pretty well with the Werehog IMO.

This happens in his own universe as well, everyone is as fast as him(HAH!) While they can do much more than him (HAHAHAHAH!)

@ED I disagree with that since the point of the werehog is to show Sonic's strong will by not being affected mentally by the form, him having to build a resistance to it...kinda cheapens it

Isn't it funny that the only time people took Sonic's death in grace was in a Creepypasta?

Sonic-exe

Hyper Sonic while cool,I find unnessary because Chaos Emeralds are already scarce ultimate trump cards that get used in the climax of a story in the first place,so Super Emeralds are redundant like myriad Shonen forms that are eventually cheapened to mere stepping stones(They literally are in Mania,haha)

I just imagine an enemy so powerful, they dwarf the normal Emeralds/Super States/Solaris in raw power and Sonic would have to find another way to get stronger to which he turns and talks to Knuckles about using the Master Emerald to turn the normal emeralds into Super Emeralds or he just uses the power from the Master Emerald (I'm a fan of this method) to achieve Hyper Sonic. This (imo) would be a good way to not only bring Hyper Sonic into official canon, but bring the Master Emerald back into relevancy.

It's still kinda unneeded though

Classic Super Sonic still managed to defeat Ruby enhanced foes, he technically also did it in his base form if you count the HBH and the Capsule final boss of Mania, so I don't see Hyper being needed

I don't feel it would make Forces better either

Honestly, I expected Infinite to give Super Sonic difficulty. It's rare to see Super Sonic actually struggle against an enemy to the point he tires out.

He also passed out against Dark Oak (though, according the japanese version, Dark Oak didn't fight him directly at first but rather implied to have sent out wave after wave against Super Sonic until he got weak enough to beat) if you count Sonic X.

Point is, Sonic's golden trump card needs to be challenged and pushed.

I think having Super Sonic overpowered but Sonic comes back with a stronger form could cool if done well ( I used to think of ultimate Sonic as a super form name)

It's also implied in Sonic X he could use chaos control to stop time but Shadow punched him in the gut knocking him out and did it himself

Back