• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Silver isn't a moron. If he is able to use his psychokinesis to make puzzles, learn Chaos Control IMMEDIATELY after seing it ONCE in action, and was complimented by Eggman Nega to be very perceptive, then yeah. The hedgehog is definitely a moron.

I'm talking about 06 Silver here

And I call him a moron because he gets tricked by Mephiles, like there's this obviously evil guy who's apparently have the power to travel through time, seems to know what caused the world to go to shit and tells you to kill this guy to prevent doomsday (using vague evidence at best)

Silver doesn't question him about this, doesn't even think about why Mephiles doesn't do it himself

When he confronts him before Radical Train, SIlver finally questions more about it, Mephiles pretty much dodges the questions, at that point it's obvious that Mephiles is hiding something but Silver once again listens to him until he sees Mephiles real form 10 years in the past

And no, the excuse of "he's from a bad future, he's desperate" doesn't fly

If you already suffered from a concussion, then you must've forgot Mephiles is a pretty smart dude. He not only manipulated Silver, but the ENTIRE Sonic cast just to get back together with Iblis in order to form Solaris. And he even killed Sonic too. Which I think Mephiles is the ONLY one to do so. He's VERY intelligent in both negotiation and in battle. Able to fight against Shadow and win until Omega came to rescue him.

Also, Silver coming from a bad future and is desperate DOES fly as a good argument. You just don't like Silver. Silver was born in a time where the future was a hellhole and he, along with Blaze, are the only ones strong enough to fight back against Iblis. And they been doing that for God knows how long since he said he keeps coming back. So he was desperate and his only friend he trusted before was Blaze. So he didn't have much experience in meeting and talking to people (Rivals 1-2 shows as he gets so aggressive when someone comes near him where he says "Get out of my way).

Mephiles ACTUALLY gave him the option to trust him and be free. You can say that is a little bit naive, but remember Silver is at a battle against time. He has no time to think. Liike Blaze said, if he doesn't take this chance now, the future will remain like it is.

Mephiles is only smart because everyone in 06 got reduced to brain dead idiots with the exception of Team Dark, him killing Sonic not only was dumb, but also uneeded since he only needed to kill Elise (since her death also can release Iblis as shown by Silver's own future) and because he has time travel, he has million of ways he can fuse with Iblis and gather the chaos emeralds if he needed them for the fusion, so he makes up an incredible complicated plan to do it, which only makes him look more like an idito, him being "insane" doesn't excuse him, he could have killed Sonic himself and not bother with SIlver if he's so capable

Even IF he comes from a destroyed world and he's desperate, there's this guy who looks like the devils teenage son with surprisingly all the answers to his problems and seems to know everything about Iblis, he doesn't bother questioning why he doesn't do it himself or any details, he just takes the vague things he says as gospel, does't bother to question him about why Sonic does it or how he does it, if he had every intention of fixing his future then he should make absolutely sure he knew all he could so he doesn't **** up

Also I don't hate Silver in general, don't put words in my mouth, I hate 06 Silver, not SIlver in general, just because I said I dislike one portrayal of the character doesn't mean I hate the in general (else I hate every Sonic character because every one of them had their stinker in terms of characterization once), I kinda like Silver

Also, was it really neccessary to say I have a concussion? I didn't name call you or insulted you

VioletVoid100 said:
And he even killed Sonic too. Which I think Mephiles is the ONLY one to do so.
False. Infinite killed Sonic, too. Don't you all remember when Sonic was dead in that game?

@UltimateFlare Silver actually did ask Mephiles why the Iblis Trigger wanted to destroy the world but Mephiles simply said "why does that matter to you? Unless you complete your task, your future will remain the same, forever."

@ShadowWarrior: yeah, that only makes Mephiles more suspicious because at that point he practically dodge Silver's question, at that point Mephiles shouldn't be trusted

Plus Silver is in the past at this point, and he knows how Mephiles sends other through time, so he could not listen to him and Mephiles can do squat

Time to put on my dad pants, gimme a sec.

Done.

@Violet Even if you didn't mean to seem rude, saying he had a concussion did sound a little unwarranted. Assuming he also hates a character by him ctiticizing the (rather shit) game he was popularized in is also jumping to conclusions. I'm pretty sure almost everybody here actually likes Silver anyways. I don't mean to scold you, but just relax, alright?

So they announced a Super Mario Maker 2.

Do any of you want some type of Sonic maker as well? And I don't mean automatic characters.

@MYHERO Some people joked about an alternate universe where there was no Mario Maker, but instead Sonic Studio, other just call Sonic Studio to an hypothetical Mario Maker style Sonic game

UltimateFlare said:
Mephiles is only smart because everyone in 06 got reduced to brain dead idiots with the exception of Team Dark, him killing Sonic not only was dumb, but also uneeded since he only needed to kill Elise (since her death also can release Iblis as shown by Silver's own future) and because he has time travel, he has million of ways he can fuse with Iblis and gather the chaos emeralds if he needed them for the fusion, so he makes up an incredible complicated plan to do it, which only makes him look more like an idito, him being "insane" doesn't excuse him, he could have killed Sonic himself and not bother with SIlver if he's so capable
Even IF he comes from a destroyed world and he's desperate, there's this guy who looks like the devils teenage son with surprisingly all the answers to his problems and seems to know everything about Iblis, he doesn't bother questioning why he doesn't do it himself or any details, he just takes the vague things he says as gospel, does't bother to question him about why Sonic does it or how he does it, if he had every intention of fixing his future then he should make absolutely sure he knew all he could so he doesn't **** up

Also I don't hate Silver in general, don't put words in my mouth, I hate 06 Silver, not SIlver in general, just because I said I dislike one portrayal of the character doesn't mean I hate the in general (else I hate every Sonic character because every one of them had their stinker in terms of characterization once), I kinda like Silver

Also, was it really neccessary to say I have a concussion? I didn't name call you or insulted you
Wow...like that's...very incorrect. Like on Mephiles' profile, it states the guy has gifted intelligence (Personally I think he's a genius or higher for tricking the likes of Eggman and Tails). Anyone with that kind of intellect should be respected. Especially if you manipulated the ENTIRE ******* CAST. This is more of Mephiles being smart. Not the characters being dumb. If so, then Pontac and Graff would be writing the series at that point. Mephiles not only needed to kill Sonic, but also the seven Chaos Emeralds in order to become Solaris. And while there are other ways to fuse with Iblis, there are two reasons why Mephiles needed to kill Sonic: 1st being that he's evil and likes manipulating and seeing his enemies in fright, sadness, and overall broken. He ENDURES it. And 2nd, without no "complicated" plan, then there wouldn't be an underrated story for 06 and a reason to play the game. Plain and Simple.

Why would Silver stop and ask questions? He's tired, angry, and just wants to restore his future to its former glory. You think someone with an uncurable disease and is on the verge of dying and someone out of nowhere just knows you're having an uncurable disease and found a cure for said disease. You think you would just stop everything and just think through it and not take the chance while your corporeal body is dying or get the damn cure? If you pick the former, you're an idiot. Plain and Simple. Nothing more that can be added on there until further notice.

If you like Silver, then you should at least understand on a more mental and emotional stance of where Silver is coming from and why Silver did all of those things in 06 in the first place. If not, do you like Silver as a character or just his design or he's "LOL SO POWERFUL HE MAKES MY D**K HARD!"? Cause Silver as a character is a really good Sonic character and the fact his future is saved and his brief description he gave of it in Colors DS makes me want a game starring only him setting in his time period where the future doesn't look like complete hell.

Also I insulted you cause your arguments hold no general substance and are EASILY debunkable as I just did it myself (And not just you, a majority of you all who are "Sonic Fans"). Plus, it wasn't like I just did some ad hominum and only JUST insulted you. I gave out my reasons with facts and logic afterwards. Sometimes these discussions posts are not even remotely about discussions. More or less about promoting Sonic matches and meme posting. Yeah I do that too, but at least in some instances I spark some interesting discussions about Sonic's treatment in Smash, relationships in Sonic, his disgusting height, etc. My discord is much better than these so-called discussion posts. My apologizes for venting like that, but you guys already done upset me already so I had to get "emotional" and what not.

Back