• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Me? Staff? I'm honored! When do I start?

Don't worry about it, it's something I'm fine answering. In all seriousness, I'm not too sure if I got staff material in me. I enjoy being a regular ol' blue-named member here. We can continue on my wall, if you want.

I think you would make a great staff memeber. You're very reasonable and usually the one to end conflicts or potential of it happening not only that you take time out of your day to carry out CRTs and get them finished.

I just try my hardest to bring the best out of everyone and make this community rock, that's all. I'm not anyone special, I'm just like all of you beautiful people ;)

@ShakeResounding Don't sell yourself short dude. Lately you've had a big hand in contributing to Sonic additions on here and overall you've helped the community on here thrive.

I can say I'm glad to have you on here.

It means a lot, guys, really. I can honestly say that I'm not sure where I'd be with this site if I didn't have you all as my friends and VS Battles family.

God, now I'm all sappy lol

ShakeResounding said:
When you do things right, peiple won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Nah lol, just some small organizational changes. The Power-Ups and Wisps have their own small sections, and all of Sonic's resistances are listed at the end of his key instead of spread out.
Sonic should have resistance to electricity manipulation since in Sonic Unleashed, you can't die from getting hit by the electric spinners. I wish I have a video to show you, but I can't find one. I'm going off by experience since I just got done playing the game for 2 hrs.

@Violet Hey, speaking of, you gotta change Tails' renders and Team Sonic will be done. Stop by the CRT to let Ant know when you're done.

MYHERO said:
That would just be game mechanics no?
No cause the same happened with him getting frozen. He doesn't lose rings at all. And normally Sonic would die from touching a robot. But Unleashed is so realistic that touching robots don't do shit. So giving him resistance to electricity manipulation won't be a stretch. Plus Idk if you noticed, but Sonic is a VERY durable guy.

That's not a very solid argument sorry. You're just going off of your own interpretations of how Unleashed is meant to be percieved.

MYHERO said:
That's not a very solid argument sorry. You're just going off of your own interpretations of how Unleashed is meant to be percieved.
Because there is nothing in all of existance that can drive deeper thought than Sonic Unleashed. uwu

MYHERO said:
Seriously? It should count. Plus he was unaffected by Tails' Thunder Shoot techniques so there's that too. And if game mechanics were involved, wouldn't Sonic die rather than take the hit?

Seriously? It should count. Plus he was unaffected by Tails' Thunder Shoot techniques so there's that too. And if game mechanics were involved, wouldn't Sonic die rather than take the hit?

No it never worked like that. If we take stuff from game mechanics and accept his immunity to electricity, then we would have to also accept that Super forms runs on rings. We can't have a double standard. Mario gets oneshot by a goomba in gameplay but he is star level here.

I said he is resistant to it. Not immune. If he was completely immune, he wouldn't feel it at all. And just because we accepted one thing doesn't mean we accept the other. And besides, most of the feats and abilities from Sonic comes from the gameplay of the games lol

Resistance, immunity I couldn't care less which term I used, don't take that ZaStando route. And if you want to prove your point, then you have to explain in greater detail of the case by case base of what we can accept for gameplay. We accept how the wisps functions despite a very few being used in cutscenes. We accept this because

1.) it was integral to the story

2.) the wisps that we're shown in cutscenes acted similar to the gameplay, so we had no doubts that the other most broken wisps like violet void can be used.

We don't accept things like Super Sonic running on like 50 rings even though it's part of the gameplay because it hasn't shown feats that contradicts this notion in game lore.

Resistance for electrical attacks should not be accepted and passed off as gameplay as it shows no feats outside the story. It could at the same time be the case it is immunity, but we do not accept the higher end and lean more to the lower place as it is more safer.

Surviving re-entry from space, falling from Egg carrier that was HIGH above the clouds and shrugging it off like it never happened, surviving the death egg explosion before going Super (or Hyper, which ever one you wanna consider "canon"), getting pummeled to death by some evil witch's tendrils, temporarily outrunning a black hole... I doubt a little electric shock would really do anything unless you somehow catch him off guard lul

Yes but that's just being very durable and not actually being resistant to electricity specifically as Violet was trying to suggest.

So seeing that Sonic Dowgrade thread is still going on, I decided to rewatch 06 japanese cutscenes so we can get more solid proof of whether Solaris is or isn't 2-C

I hope I get something

I now know that, still gonna watch it just in case (assuming it doesn't get more boring than it already is, in that case i'll drop it)

Also Mephiles laugh sounds stupid in japanese As if he wasn't shitty enough as it is

Silver also sounds stupid to me, but I can't exactly pinpoints why

UltimateFlare said:
Also Mephiles laugh sounds stupid in japanese As if he wasn't shitty enough as it is
Silver also sounds stupid to me, but I can't exactly pinpoints why
Silver sounds amazing in Japanese. What are you on?

There's something about his voice that makes him sound like a moron (fitting for this game, he is a moron here), I can exactly tell why, he just sounds like that tome

Back