• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Wisps aren't standard equipment for everyone who isn't Sonic (and to a lesser extent Shadow). They get them through chance in Runners and Racing. They've never had them in a combative situation (unless it happened in Forces which you can't blame me for not knowing about). Amy, Knuckles, Silver, etc should not have it on their profiles. If they had it in a main game, I'll shut up, because then they would've used it in a combative situation, but otherwise no. It would be like giving Mario characters item boxes from Kart even though its a random power up they can't collect or use outside of a race. Or giving Chi Chi the Nimbus because she used it once.

The resistance, which were run by Sonic's friends, gave wispons, who are wisps weapons, to everyone, they have acess to it

Every member of the resistance should have it as standard equipment, they gave wispons to every member of the resistance which use wisps.

The entire resistance used wisps all the time, which would include Sonic's friends since they were the main people behind it

No. Its clear they didnt use the wispons in the final battle. They can be behind the idea but that doesnt mean they will carry it with them and use it for battle all the time. Im pretty sure they came up with the wispons so the ordinary citizens can have a way to fight back. People like Knuckles and Silver already know how to fight back. So they dont rely on the wispons.

MYHERO is correct. The wispons are for civilians and the custom character. The main cast don't use them.

Just make it optional equipment for everyone that has them who's not Sonic and call it a day.

To be fair though Team Sonic Racing has a story mode unlike Mario Kart and in the final chapter they weren't participating in regular races but against Eggman's forces and using wisps, so that should give them to be standard equipment

Just because they used it for combat once doesnt mean they automatically will use them for every battle you know. Just like how Cal pointed out, Chi chi used nimbus once but we dont give her that as standard equipment. Until the next game comes around and shows them using wisps more frequently again, it's going to stay optional. No buts or if.

An OE tabber would be easy enough to implement. That said, there's also some other stuff that needs to be added due to games like Chronicles and Shuffle that would also be Optional Equipment.

I can probably make a CRT on it, although it wouldn't be today.

Wait this is bigger than just the Wisps? This was just supposed to be a petty yet fun little "downgrade" that barely mattered in the long run for the sake of a joke. I mean, it doesn't make it any less legitimate but still.

Actualy I changed my mind, even though they only used the wisps in Runners and Team Sonic Racing they should still be standard equipment, they weren't playable or main characters of other games that had wisps, neither did they have acess to them, in every game where they could have used wisps they used them plenty of times, we probaly didn't see them in cutscenes in Forces because we never see anyone use them in those, not Sonic, not the Avatar, anyone.

In every game that they could use wisps they have used them plenty, every other case was they not being part of the action( they never fought in Colors or Lost World, nor were most of them in those games) or anyone had acess to them normaly( Generations)

Not really, in every game after Colors that they had acess to the wisps or were playable they used wisps plenty of times, to be optional they had to use it only very little or rarely which isn't the case, they use wisps in every game they are playable after Colors

In Forces they literaly gave wisps weapons that they built to their soldiers, they could off-screen used them, we never see the Avatar nor Sonic use wisps in the cutscenes

Also unlike the Mario Kart or Chi Chi comparassion both Runners and Team Sonic Racing have canon stories were the characters use wisps as well using them anytime they can, unlike Chi Chi and the Nimbus

Bruh Chi Chi had unlimited access to the Nimbus for seven years. Heck, Gohan used it as his primary way to travel during the Buu Saga and he doesn't have it as SE.

Except she never used when she could have, unlike Sonic's friends, they used wisps in every game that they had acess to it.

Gohan only used it to travel, never in a fight, unlike Sonic's friends

In every game that they were playable after Colors they used wisps plenty in combat, it should be standard equipment

Also they are missing the description of the other Color Powers aside of Drill, Indigo Asteroid and Laser

Sonic Runners and Team Sonic Racing.

The other games they simply aren't playable, Sonic uses wisps in just two more games than them, Colors and Lost World.

Also the Resistance made and gave the wispons to everyone, so that kinda counts

Okay Forces, I debunked. If they were to be standard equipment they would actually use them in combat but they haven't shown it. As for the rest let me just say, using them when you get the chance doesn't mean you have them as standard equipment. If I were given a chance to borrow someone's taser for a fight, that doesn't mean I will keep the taser as standard equipment. So show me the context of them using the wisps. How did they get access to them for each game.

Nobody uses the Wisps in Forces in a cutscene.

Runners they helped Team Sonic in a tipical adventure after metting them, similar to Lost World

So what? Are you implying that by my logic the Avatar shouldn't get it either? Because if that's the case you're wrong, because the avatar is shown carrying a wispon. That means he has to have it with him on person.

From the way you're describing it, they were just given the chance to use them, but not keep them. Show me more context that shows them keeping the wisps after meeting up.

Here the script of Chapter 6:Knuckles: So are you the only White Wisp left on this planet? White Wisp: [unintelligible] Tails: No, he says there are others who stayed behind, too. He says they all remember who you are Sonic, and he's sure they'd be happy to help you! Sonic: Aww, shucks! You're makin' me blush! Knuckles: It'd be good to have some Wisps to help us... Tails: It sure would! Let's go find out some more!

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Runners/Script

The wisps were just offering them a hand. That doesn't exactly show them deciding to keep the wisps after it was all said and done.

Wait there's more:Sonic: Hey, my pleasure! But we still need to figure out what we're gonna do with you guys... Tails: Well, you remember that Yellow Wisp we spoke to earlier? He said they wanted to come with us on our adventure. How about we bring them along, Sonic? Sonic: Why the heck not? The more the merrier! Yellow Wisp: [unintelligble] Tails: He says thanks, and they'll do whatever they can to help! I think we've found ourselves a useful new ally!

More:Sonic: More like time to stop trying to kidnap our pals! Get outta here! And stay gone! Now, time to ask those Wisps about that mysterious light... Tails: No need, Sonic - I already checked. They said it was one of the other Cyan Wisps. And he's super-sorry for giving Ricky a fright... ...And because they don't want to frighten any more Animals, they'd like to come with us on our adventure! Sounds good to you, Sonic? Sonic: It sure does! Welcome to the gang, little Wisps! Cyan Wisp: [unintelligble]

More:Knuckles: I was thinking they could come along with us. What do you say? Sonic: Sounds good to me! Now that Eggman's found their hiding place, maybe they'll be safer with us anyway... Tails: I was thinking the same thing. So, guys - how about it? Indigo Wisp: [unintelligble] Tails: They say they'd love to join us! Here's to the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

Ah I just came back and I'm exhausted and don't have the energy to argue. I might come back to this later. But for now you can take this W.

Back