• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku vs. Ness

Like I said. It depends on which one strikes first. If Goku can get a blast in, he kills him. If ness can mindhax first. Then that's for ness.

And strike first battles are inconclusive

SITHISIT said:
Like I said. It depends on which one strikes first. If Goku can get a blast in, he kills him. If ness can mindhax first. Then that's for ness.
And strike first battles are inconclusive
The problem is the luck, Ness need luck in order to pk flash kill goku, and goku needs luck to wake up from hypnosis

OK, I'm a massive Earthbound fan, so if you guys need clarification, just ask. Also, does anyone know the vote count?

Ness:8 (Anonimoe7875, DMUA, Gargoyle One, Jesterofgames, Loyalservantoflnti, Scarletmoon56, Monarch Laciel and Me)

Goku:3 (Trnado, Therefir, Eficiente)

Inconclusive:4 (TheJ-ManRequiem, SITHSIT, Paulo.junior.969 and John042)

Noahkaismith said:
OK, I'm a massive Earthbound fan, so if you guys need clarification, just ask. Also, does anyone know the vote count?
How is the probability of Pk flash cause instant death, and goku can wake up if pk flash fail?.

Ness already won if it's 7 to 3 to 5 and no one voted in the past day.

Also, voting Ness. Mind hax is greater than anything Goku can do simply because Goku still needs to move. Plus, Ness could outrange him if his psychic consciousness is one with the universe, and he uses well...psychic attacks and is bloodlusted.

The real cal howard said:
Ness already won if it's 7 to 3 to 5 and no one voted in the past day.
Also, voting Ness. Mind hax is greater than anything Goku can do simply because Goku still needs to move. Plus, Ness could outrange him if his psychic consciousness is one with the universe, and he uses well...psychic attacks and is bloodlusted.
I did not know that mind hax can bypass durability :0

...I honestly don't know if you're kidding or not, but yes. Mind hax is one of the leading things on durability negation.

Therefir said:
Noahkaismith said:
How is the probability of Pk flash cause instant death, and goku can wake up if pk flash fail?.
PK Flash has a 40% chance of OHKOing. I'm assuming you're talking about PK Hypnosis. PK Hypnosis will not miss aganist Goku.

Cal, the problem here is most of Ness mindhax are actually attacks, they're not instant, in the same time itd take him to do one of them Goku can also just AOE.

It depends on what Ness does, if he does hypnosis he likely has it in the bag but anything else? Likely not the case as Goku can do literally anything and win.

...I honestly don't know if you're kidding or not, but yes. Mind hax is one of the leading things on durability negation.
Just Kidding, so if someone have for example 9-A mind hax can defeat someone 8-C because he still need to move? but how... if his attack potency is far weaker?

Mindhax bypasses dura, their body is 8-C, minds don't exactly have dura

Otherwise Professor X would be trash if he couldn't mindrape someone like Spidey

Therefir said:
Ohhh so if someone have for example 9-A mind hax can defeat someone 8-C because he still need to move? but how... if his attack potency is faaar weaker?
Yes. The 9-A isn't attacking. He's literally controling your mind.

Noahkaismith said:
PK Flash has a 40% chance of OHKOing. I'm assuming you're talking about PK Hypnosis. PK Hypnosis will not miss aganist Goku.
I mean if Ness hypnotize someone, he can't wake up from the rest of the battle or..?

The only ' 'Mind hax' ' that can actually one shot goku is Pk flash since Pk rockin can be resisted by being who does not have mind manipulation resistance.

You're correct, I was talking in general, like Mewtwo or Xavier mindhax can bypass durability.

Ness' also bypasses durability but the ones that do can't kill, his only way to kill Goku is pk flash which is random.

Goku One-shot with any attack, Ness One-shot with one attack who is random that can wake up Goku and ness dig his own grave.

You're right, Goku ohkoes with basically anything, Ness' only option is Pk hypnosis+Pk flash and that's implying pk flash kills and if it doesn't, wish he doesnt wake up and AOE.

@J-Man. Honest question. Where does the whole projectile thing come from again? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything. Just asking sincerely. Because iirc, the whole attack animations are representations or something.

Hell if I know, I haven't touched Earthbound in like 7 years outside of Smash, but due to how the game works, it isn't instant.

Hell ya actually have time to heal yourself and react to attacks after they happen implying you're quick enough and Ness isn't the only one with those attacks, enemies have them too.

But specifically? Don't know exactly (hence why im giving hypnosis the benefit of the doubt and considering it raw mindhax here).

I mean, you can do the same in Final Fantasy for example, and I'm talking about after you get hit. I don't think a slash is gradual...

Maybe So but in all official instances where they're visually portrayed (like smash), they're portrayed as projectiles and in game the animations for the attacks aren't exactly instant either. Plus some are depicted as projectiles in the attack animations (Starstorm being the obvious one).

Of course I'm gonna give this the benefit of the doubt and say not all of them are like that, but of course they have weaknesses too, Hypnosis can be broken if ness attacks afterwards for example and pk flash, the only way he can actually put goku down, isnt even guranteed to kill and if it doesn't than he basically just wasted his chance.

Not really, paralysis in Earthbound causes numbness, it limits the body's movement, you can still use psi attacks and the like.

In this case yeah it'd stop Goku from throwing a punch or walking but it wont stop him from doing an AOE ki blast like explosive wave so pk paralysis isnt a factor here, itd only limit Goku's melee attacks, ki attacks and such are fine and are honestly a smarter way to ohko anyway.

Noahkaismith said:
No. Ki attacks are not psychic. He'd need to move his body to use them.
Goku only need to shoot a invisible ki blast of his eyes

Kai, verse equalization and the attacks thst can be used include pk thunder and starstorn, things that are clearly projectile based.

The official description is that it causes the body to go numb and normal actions aka melee attacks become unusable, you can still use pk attacks and even items.

Goku can still use ki attacks including AOE ones.

Its not even really a case of who strikes first, Pk Paralysis doesnt stop ki attacks so it's useless and if he starts with that he loses, Pk hypnosis should work but there's a chance of the enemy waking up after every attack so not really guranteed because, lastly, Ness' only way to kill, Pk Flash's ohko, is actually random and if it doesnt ohko and does something else and goku wakes up he's done for.

Ness' only way to win is based on two, maybe even 3, random factors needing to work in his favor, Goku's way to win is to simply use a ki attack of any kind.

I think the discussion is done here...

I went back and tried to tally all the votes:

Ness:8 (Anonimoe7875 - DMUA - Jesterofgames - Loyalservantoflnti - Me - Monarch Laciel Chrisras - Cal )

Goku:4 (Trnado - Therefir - Eficiente - John042)

Inconclusive:4 (TheJ-ManRequiem - SITHSIT- Paulo.junior.969 - Gargoyle One)

So, Ness wins by 4 votes. We can go ahead and request this if everyone is done discussing.

I...don't know how would we do a recount on something like this. Yes there where some that were mostly centered around the paralysis part, but it was further expanded upon Ness's other abilities like hypnosis, PK flash, his shields and reflective barriers and mind hax.

Paralysis isnt even paralysis it simply numbs the body, ki atracjs/pk attacjs and non complicated movement is syill easily possible fkr both goku and characters in earthbound itself, Pk flash is a random chance to ohko, it's not guranteed, in fact it's more likely not to kill then actually doing so and hypnosis? Goku has a chance to wae up at anytime, it diesnt kast forever and he also has a chance to wake up after every attack Ness does.

His shields are pointless, Goku breaks them with any attack and finally mind hax? Ness doesnt have mindhax like Mewtwo or Xavier if that's what people think.

For ness to win he has to use Hypnosis, hope goku doesn't wake up, use pk flash, hope it ohkoes, if it doesn't hope he doesnt wake up, use pk flash again, hope it kills and if not hope he doesnt wake up, so on and so forth.

While goku just needs to land a single hit since he's over 30x Ness' ap and dura.

Back