• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku vs. Ness

See I'm not sure, if Ness goes for hypnosis he's guranteed a win to go as that's relatively instant opposed to death manip and such (which is done through pk flash and it's random if it actually insta kills, it could cause crying for example instead) but Goku can ista transmission and just punch him.

Honestly it depends on what Ness picks first as a bloodlusted Goku can win with anything.

I'd likeky vote inconclusive.

I'm still with Goku; The chances of him attacking physically are higher than Ness using a hax.

Master Roshi can use Hypnosis. If hypnosis can one shot anybody why isn Roshi one shotting everybody in the tournmant of power using hypnosis?

I feel like that would be illogical not to use it instead of doing the mufba which is taking his life force away

Because roshi's hypnosis is mediocre and has him stand there for like a minute whilst in the center of a battle royale?

Regardless it works on other oeople in the tourney including people above his paygrade.

Goku must have some TP resitance at least enough to not die in a thought. He only needs to survice for a second. Goku can read mind, image train, and some minor TP feats.

Does he have TP resistance though?

Saying "he must have some" isn't an argument.

He also needs to place his hand on their head to read their minds iirc. If he could do that to Ness, he'd have already won

Ness doesnt have mindhax like that though, he only has a single instant option in hypnosis.

Paralysis, insta death, crying are done through attacks.

Monarch Laciel said:
Does he have TP resistance though?
Saying "he must have some" isn't an argument.

He also needs to place his hand on their head to read their minds iirc. If he could do that to Ness, he'd have already won

It was an example. Ofc hes not going to read his mind in battle. Im saying he has TP. Hypnosis should one shot him, because then Roshi would stomp everyone.

Dude, Roshi's hypnosis not only does work on other people in DBZ but the reason he doesnt spam it is because he literally can't, it takes forever to actually pull off.

Ness' is far better.

If Rosh used hypnosis on Goku it would work implying Goku sat there for a minute, sane reason why mafuba works on vegeta, its hax.

The fact Ness has better feats with it and his entire gimmick is psychic abilities so he's kinda tailored to that stuff, it's better for that reason and more.

Trndo said:
So roshi beats goku if he gets it off? What makes Ness hypnosis stronger then roshi's besides speed?
Range, Speed and Time to cast.

Also here's the vote count.

Ness:8 (Anonimoe7875, DMUA, Gargoyle One, Jesterofgames, Loyalservantoflnti, Scarletmoon56, Monarch Laciel and Me)

Goku:3 (Trnado, Therefir, Eficiente)

Inconclusive:3 (TheJ-ManRequiem, SITHSIT and Paulo.junior.969)

Since there's a chance for Goku to win, and there's inconclusive options, I think this could be applied.

So, I guess grace period starts?

Gokus not sitting around for ness either. He literally can do what Frieza did in ROF and nuke the AOE by touching the ground the ground.

You're right, Goku kills him in one hit.

Problem is can He?

The answer is maybe, if Ness uses hypnosis then no, Goku loses. If he uses anything else? He takes to long and Goku insta transmissions abd punches him or something.

He doesnt even need to transmission. Frieze annihilated the whole planet by touching the surface. Goku could actually just hold out his hand and nuke the AOE and it would be GG unless Ness withstand a bloodlusted goku AOE attack, which im sure he can't.

Lets say ness does hypnosis, while hypnosis is being activated so is an AOE kill shot. Ness will be dead and goku will be sleep

You're right but hypnosis still >Goku raisong his hand and AOE's in speed.

Hence why it comes down to who does what and thus inconclusive.

Hypnosis (ÒüòÒüäÒü┐ÒéôÒüÿÒéàÒüñ saiminjutsu) is a PSI ability in all three titles of the Mother series. It works on a single enemy, or all enemies, depending on the power level, and causes the affected target to fall asleep. Attacking an enemy while they are in the Hypnosis state, has a probability of them waking up from this status.

╬▒ Ness 6 To one enemy N/A Puts enemies to sleep, though smart ones can avoid it. Puts one enemy to sleep.
╬® Ness 18 To all enemies N/A Puts enemies to sleep, though smart ones can avoid it. Puts all of the enemies to sleep.
Seems like this move is not OP as everyone is saying...

And when it says smart ones avoid it, i think in this context it actually means if youre smart you can resist it.

Goku aint the brightest tool.

How is goku not bright? He beat time skip on his first try, Hit is 1000 years old and highly intelligent. He was able to become ssj blue, no other sayian has done this, you can be dumb with that amount of power. And in dragon ball he was smart enough to block solar flare with sunglasses.

And how does any of that mean resistance to hypnosis exactly?

Also him using Kaioken to beat Hit's time skip is but an intellectual feat......

When where talking about smart people in EarthBound, they are refering to people like Jeff, wich is a Mechanical Genius, Robots and Alien. Experience in Martial Arts is not an amazing IQ prove.

Back