• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku deemed Strongest Shonen Character in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axl233 said:
A guy can destroy a building with a nail he then and figths against a 5 year old kid who you think is gonna win man :v

see its logic of course the is a degree of correctness
The five year old if I want them to.

Honestly, if they want to do this "in their opinion he wins" logic, it should be Top 10 strongest, it should be Top 10 favorites, or Top 10 more popular, or something like that, because the power of the character doesn't even matter at this point.

Axl233 said:
But,but its obvious that the 5 year old looses for a logical reason.
If you have a limited imagination maybe. Obviously, a random human child doesn't stand a chance against superman if you use VSB's approach to interpreting fiction. But I could also just ignore VSB nad write a fanfic where superman gets ****** up by a child. That doesn't make my fanfic "wrong" or "illogical." It's just as much an interpretation as VSB is. Audiences have the agency to interpret and reinterpret fiction however they want.

So if the people who took part in this poll interpret Goku as someone who could potentially beat any character below him on that list? Then they're right, in the frame of their own interpretation. Which might differ from yours, sure, but just because two interpretations contradict each other that doesn't necessarily make one less valid.

That is true, but there is a certain level where one does hold precedence over the other. Your interpretation wouldn't be wrong, Per Se, but DC's interpretation takes precedence due to having evidence and feats backing it up.

Yobobojojo said:
That is true, but there is a certain level where one does hold precedence over the other. Your interpretation wouldn't be wrong, Per Se, but DC's interpretation takes precedence due to having evidence and feats backing it up.
DC's version isn't an interpretation, it's the original work that is to be interpreted by the audience.

Okay,now talking serious Meta.A interpretation is Always gonna be superior then another one if it has better and more logic,sense,knowledge and facts specially if the one from before has none of the 4 above.

Axl233 said:
Okay,now talking serious Meta.A interpretation is Always gonna be superior then another one if it has better and more logic,sense,knowledge and facts specially if the one from before has none of the 4 above.
Those are nice buzzwords, but that doesn't really agree with contemporary literature sciences.

Of course, if the interpretation doesn't have a solid argument structure (I'm going to assume that's what you mean by "logic, sense, knowledge and facts"), it's going to be less convincing to you or others. But that still doesn't make it objectively wrong or quantifiably inferior. Just less likely to influence your view.

VSB isn't objective. It's just one possible subjective approach of interpreting fiction.

A lot of responses to this poll here seem unnecessarily mean-spirited and mocking, as well as coming from a largely uninformed place. It seems pretty unfair to me. And the poll participants aren't here to defend themselves.

>Goku above All

....Medaka/Nono/Simon/Sailor Moon/Seiya/Madoka/Bobobo ect... Solo

But i'm not here for debate who defeat Goku ƒÿÅ

The fact that Giorno is above so may more popular characters shows the anime community is at least salvageable

Metafragmentation said:
A lot of responses to this poll here seem unnecessarily mean-spirited and mocking, as well as coming from a largely uninformed place. It seems pretty unfair to me. And the poll participants aren't here to defend themselves.
Im think people are just making jokes and less mocking tho.

Those are nice buzzwords, but that doesn't really agree with contemporary literature sciences.

Of course, if the interpretation doesn't have a solid argument structure (I'm going to assume that's what you mean by "logic, sense, knowledge and facts"), it's going to be less convincing to you or others. But that still doesn't make it objectively wrong or quantifiably inferior. Just less likely to influence your view.

VSB isn't objective. It's just one possible subjective approach of interpreting fiction.

Okay,now ear me out "drinking oil is good" that interpretation is false because tons of studies,people experiences and common sense says thats not the case so that interpretation is better because of that.

Also sorry for the buzzwords im kinda did that unironically.

DodoNova2 said:
>Goku above All
....Medaka/Nono/Simon/Sailor Moon/Seiya/Madoka/Bobobo ect... Solo

But i'm not here for debate who defeat Goku ƒÿÅ
Medaka, Nono, and Simon likely can't even do shit to a regular SSJ Goku.

Meanwhile, Seiya, Madoka, and Sailor Moon? Yeah. Basically. Though, I don't count Sailor Moon nor Madoka as "Shonen". I count Seiya as Shonen, but not Madoka/Sailor Moon.

Madoka and Sailor Moon are also debateable, since while they ARE stronger than Goku as of NOW, the fact that DBS is still continuing (AKA it's continuing AFTER the Movie) shows that Goku's journey still isn't done yet.

Axl233 said:
Okay,now ear me out "drinking oil is good" that interpretation is false because tons of studies,people experiences and common sense says thats not the case so that interpretation is better because of that.

Also sorry for the buzzwords im kinda did that unironically.
That's not comparable. "A five year old could beat Superman" is a statement about fiction. "Drinking oil is good" is a statement about reality.

AntorusTheBurningThrone said:
Kirby71 said:
*Sees Goku winning and arale below Luffy*
I need to call arceus,mewtwo,luke and Kirby to mindhax the sh*t out of the voters.
1. Mewtwo's 5-A in the VSB. He's also not as Popular as Son Goku.
2. I don't know much about Luke. Though, I think he's weaker than Son Goku.

And 3. Kirby's more or less around Super Buu/Kid Buu level.

The only one that could stand a chance is Arceus. And even then, he's less of a Shonen Character, and more of a Popular Pokemon Game Character (Which, to me, isn't much of a Shonen, despite its rather "Similarities").
Kirby is literally over a trillion times stronger than Super Buu lmao plus he still blitzes and haxstomps the whole verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back