• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku and Gotenks: Minor Spatial Manipulation?

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Don't know if this thread has been done before or not so here we go.

So as of the last episode of DBS, Goku was capable of breaking into Hit's Pocket Universe which I would normally say is PIS, though looking back at the series, this isn't the only time it has happened.

Super Buu and Gotenks (Though it's not listed for whatever reason) have also done this to get out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

So I think Minor Spatial Manipulation / Portal Creation should be added for them, thoughts?

I suppose that this seems to make sense, although I would prefer to see more input from the community first.

The Vice Shout is quite clearly Portal Creation, but I don't know what to make of the Hit thing. Not to mention that Portal Creation is a subset of Spatial Manipulation, so you might be on to something.

Hmmm, alright then.

I would just assume the event with Hit is something along the same lines.

Since it's a pretty minor change many people seemed to agree on, I put Portal Creation to Gotenks and Buu's profiles along with adding them to the Portal Users category.

I'm in favor for both to get it. Its clear how both were accomplished and even in the case of Hit, I wouldn't bat an eye if it happened again.

Its not Spatial Manipulation, its a small scale 4D feat but since its small scale its unquantifiable.

@Rad Uh, I don't see how it is a 4-D feat? Unless you're talking about Gohan Buu's feat, which I assure you is not here.

@Post I see

@SD If Goku can somehow punch himself into a miniature pocket universe outside of the main timeline, I'd say that could count as Portal Creation.

I'd also think it might count for Multi-Universal range, like what Kaioshin have with teleportation. But I'm not sure.

Creating a pocket dimension requires space time which is inherently 4D, Vados even said Hit used time to make it and Goku destroyed it.

Its kinda like adding portal creation to 9-B characters for punching a hole into another room.

Comparing Goku's feat to a Wall level punching through a door is a rather poor analogy with all due respect.

"Portal Creation is the ability to generate and travel through rifts of space and time in order to quickly travel between two places." - our page on the power.

Goku punched so hard it created an opening that allowed him to travel to a area separated outside the flow of the main timeline.

That would be Portal Creation. He generated a rift through space in time, allowing him to gain access to Hit's dimension. That is nothing remotely simular to busting a hole through a wall. One's an actual superpower, the other is something I can do with a baseball bat.

We're not looking at the destruction part. More of the getting into part @Rad.

Interestingly enough, how Goku entered is also similar to Gotenks and Buu.

I dont remember him punching, just powering up and cracking Hit's dimension.

Also I believe Superman's done this before and it was labeled as unquantifiable, though I could be wrong.

Superman somehow punched himself free from Dominus' reality-distortions, yes, although here it was more portrayed as a mental act of breaking free from a hallucination. Time-space manipulation is definitely not a part of Superman's official power set, so we would have to label it as Plot-Induced Stupidity.

Bump

While it's a small addition, I would like one more opinion.

(Actually since we already have 7, I'll add it. Still willing to listen to others even after I added it.)

@SD What do you think of my suggestion of Goku getting a range upgrade from this, similar to what the Kaioshin have via teleporting to places?

@Ryu I think it would allow an upgrade, although we should specify its through his Portal Creation specifically.

@SD Of course.

I was thinking perhaps "Standard Melee Range, Universal with shockwaves, Multi-Universal with portal creation" or something of that manner.

Hmmm since this is a minor upgrade to a minor addition, I think no one would mind if I add it if there are a few votes supporting it, me included.

I am uncertain about Multi-Universal range, given that it does not seem to be something that the character can consciously control to travel to other universes.

The shockwaves reached the kaioshin realm which counts as its own space time continuam, if that helps.

@Rad I disagree with the kaioshin realm counting as a separate time space continuum, considering how there are Kais in the future as well, not to mention a lack of evidence for this.

@Ant I would argue otherwise. In all three displays of these abilities, the users consciously opened a portal to a separate universe / space.

They need to die or teleport to get there, it has a completely time flow than the regular universe like the Hyperbolic time chamber. Is that not enough evidence?

Method doesn't really matter. It has a different time flow?

Aren't spiritual realms like Heaven, Hell or the afterlife usually considered to be outside of the main flow of the regular universe?

When Goku went to King Kai's planet didnt he have 1 month in the real world and like 3 months there or was it 3 months to 1 year?

Edit:Never mind doesnt seem to be the case.

I mean that's how I've typically heard of it being described. And I have heard some of the other admins accept that Kaioshin Realm is a different time, rather that the DBS ep 12 feat isn't Tier 2.

And a spiritual realm such as the afterlife being separate from the physical realm does make sense. But I guess it relies more specifically on how it's described in verse.

I understand that afterlife is separate than the physical realm, I have no issue with that, my problem is the assumption that the Kaioshin Realm is another time flow, which I really don't think was ever mentioned.

Back