• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Transformers IDW revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after some talking with Not Icarus and Caleb, the tiers on the Top tiers possibly need some amping on them.

To start things, they are scaled to a explosion that leave a good mark on Cybertron, that ranges to 1.95 petatons, nothing wrong there, however, none of them actually took damage from the explosion. While you could argue that OP had medical assistance, but Grimlock had no possible way of having it, and he was in the center of that, so they scale way above that, however, giving how small the tier is, some fights would end in kinda like an AP Stomp, since those who are weaker than that explosion would do nothing to them.

I propose an simple addition of "Likely/possibly High 6-A", they would either fall in baseline, or a little above that, i am fine if the 6-A rating stays though, i just don't know how that would work.

AmericanOptimus
I want YOU, commenting on this thread

I'm not sure I get the point here.

If anything, should the 6-A rating be achieved so effortlessly, they should have an "at least" added to all their keys.

5x AP is supposed to be the standard for 1 shotting a guy here iirc, and they effortlessly survived the explosion. Megatron has High 6-A shields so it's not really out of the realm of posibilities. At Least 6-A, Likely/Possibly High 6-A is what we're going for over here apparently.

High 6-A is supposed to be because they didn't receive damage from that explosion, this means that anyone in the tier that is not higher than that would not do damage against them, but the tier is to small for this to happen.

And it is 7.5x AP Not Icarus

Yeah, no, just because you can tank an attack of a certain tier does not mean you can jump a whole tier.

You can take a 99 Megaton 7-B without a scratch, but it still won't justify being placed as 7-A due to that 1 Megaton difference. You're always going to get "at least 7-B" and nothing else.

Ummm, i guess that it make sense to me, and going by this, they problaby are much better in 6-A than being in the baseline of High 6-A, thanks for your input Crab!

Personally I'm still inclined in the High 6-A possibilities of the IDW top tiers since it's quite a small tier and they're likely just going to be fighting bottom end High 6-As and high end High 6-Bs. And I do believe that a being tanking something like that with no damage at all effortlessly still warrants a good enough reasoning to be placed on a higher tier since it implies that your easily above stuff like twice that damage if so most of the time.

The thing is that we can't just put multiplier if they are not stated in lore, while there is maybe a possibility for High 6-A, the rules of this site don't allow them jump a tier because they took no damage from that bomb, as Crabwhale saided.

@ Not Icarus

Without a calc, it does not definitively prove anything. If you tank an attack of any kind, that does not give any insight into how powerful you are without additional info except putting you at an unspecified level above said attack. Therefore, even if the attack itself has been calced to be just on the border of a tier, the character cannot warrant upgrading to a whole other tier. All you can get is an "at least" and that is it.

Crabwhale said:
You can take a 99 Megaton 7-B without a scratch, but it still won't justify being placed as 7-A due to that 1 Megaton difference. You're always going to get "at least 7-B" and nothing else.
This isn't necessarily true actually.

Nvm the High 6-Bs lol. We have guys like Upgraded Optimus Prime being technically in a different tier of High 8-C as a High 8-C+ because he's so close to that degree of High 8-C already. So I consider it a safe benefit of the doubt imo.

Not Icarus said:
Nvm the High 6-Bs lol. We have guys like Upgraded Optimus Prime being technically in a different tier of High 8-C as a High 8-C+ because he's so close to that degree of High 8-C already. So I consider it a safe benefit of the doubt imo.
Even if that is the case, 1.95 Petatons is still not close enough to either the + sign nor actual High 6-A to justify any of them being placed there.

The difference between the two is that OP was less than 0.1 to be High 8-C+, if someone is stronger than him, than it is reasonable to think that he is at least 0,1 tons higher than said individual, while the IDW ones are not that close of jumping a tier

And? That's not a problem worthy of being brought up in a CRT.

The tier differences between the IDW 6-As and baseline High 6-As is a little more than 2x, I doubt Stealth Bomber Megatron is only less than that because of how much more powerful he is than regulular IDW Prime. You can apply the same logic there with the casual 1.95 which is roughly 45% of a baseline High 6-A AP.

Not Icarus said:
The tier differences between the IDW 6-As and baseline High 6-As is a little more than 2x, I doubt Stealth Bomber Megatron is only less than that because of how much more powerful he is than regulular IDW Prime. You can apply the same logic there.
Absolutely not, it's not the same thing, that's far too vague of a gap to ever possibly justify upgrading him to a higher tier. It involves far too many assumptions.

Why is 55% more than the casual feat far too behind when they can easily take that amount of damage and dish out even more damage in return.

Because we can't just arbitrarily guess "oh he's above this level" when we have zero idea to how he scales beyond being superior to an unknown, but significant degree.

Ummmmmm, change the subject real quick here, after finishing something in a verse here, you guys would like prfoiles for RID 2001 or Armada?

Absolutely not, it's not the same thing, that's far too vague of a gap to ever possibly justify upgrading him to a higher tier. It involves far too many assumptions.

Well, to be fair he had Ore-13 in this body. According to Ratchet: "It's baseline energon, but with a twist. When applied directly to the systems of a Transformer via a modified delivery capsule, it grants that Transformer a phenomenal boost in overall capability."

On the sidenote, regardless of the conclusion here. They're still likely going to be fighting bottom tier High 6-As just fine regardless of the outcome here ngl.

Also sure, would be nice to get potentially higher or lower tiered Transformers profiles here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back