• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Stuff About Lille and Gerard

Gerard claims that his "miracles" are actually giving form to the thoughts, feelings, and desires of the masses; he grows in size due to their fear at being unable to destroy him, and his Hoffnung cannot break because it is sheathed in hope.

taken from his page. It does depend on the thoughts and fears of others since it said masses

Lol, people posted before me. I was talking about this:

And the fact that Gerard's death was caused bubs soul reap is a blatant face slap on what is required to wipe him out.

Knight Makes a point here

All of The Sternritters abilities are a part of their soul,Be it came or didn't from yhwach thus the concept of a schrift exists.

The Miracle is the reason for Gerard's Regenerationn

It would make sense that you'd have to kill his soul to kill him permanently as shown by the auswahlen

Byakuya doesn't have any fear since this is post As Nodt fight, the guy who pretty much killed him with fear and then later resisted him completely unafraid.

bleach needs a page revision then dang lol. oh well. But that description kinda gets to the point no matter how you slice it and i thought viz translations werent used all the time

You can't use the Schrift thing because it's too speculative and what happened to Pernida contradicts it. Pernida would also get Low-Godly with the logic you guys are using.

The Compulsory is also imprinted in its soul. If it could regenerate from its soul, it'd just create an entirely new body (I mean hand) from that, and how consuming Nemu affected it wouldn't matter at all.

To be fair, we were supposed to add Soul Manipulation but someone said it'd be stressful and redundant, so we just needed to add it to the verse page somehow.

@Astral

That still doesn't imply he stops if nobody believed in him

By masses you mean the shinigami fighting Gerard in the wahrwelt?

Well all of them had faith in toshiro winning and they were just as surprised as him when he still wasnt dead.

In fact that doesn't even make any sense.

By saying that your basically saying every shinigami fighting Gerard were just there standing blindly attacking him with no intention to believe they would defeat him

Every single one of them were headstrong and confident they would defeat Gerard why else would they be fighting

They saw miracle but the faith they had in their abilities was stronger and they just didn't believe in him.

Burning Full Fingers said:
To be fair, we were supposed to add Soul Manipulation but someone said it'd be stressful and redundant, so we just needed to add it to the verse page somehow.

o.o everyone was ok with adding Soul Manipulation me and the others got it accepted.

The reishi connected the broken pieces of his body together, if I'm remembering correctly. His body wasn't completely destroyed on even a cellular level.

any regen above mid high allows you to create new bodies since High regen lets you literally create a new body out of particles. Also Alucurd isnt a good comparison since reality warping is where his low godly regen comes from.

The thing with pernida was his biology not his schrift

Not comparable at all to the miracle's Regenerationn

AstralKing7 said:
any regen above mid high allows you to create new bodies since High regen lets you literally create a new body out of particles. Also Alucurd isnt a good comparison since reality warping is where his low godly regen comes from.

This is false, if you are blown to pieces you still have a body to regenerate from. Gerard straight up made a new body of Reishi

Yomi Schwarz said:
@Astral
That still doesn't imply he stops if nobody believed in him

By masses you mean the shinigami fighting Gerard in the wahrwelt?

Well all of them had faith in toshiro winning and they were just as surprised as him when he still wasnt dead.

In fact that doesn't even make any sense.

By saying that your basically saying every shinigami fighting Gerard were just there standing blindly attacking him with no intention to believe they would defeat him

Every single one of them were headstrong and confident they would defeat Gerard why else would they be fighting

They believed saw miracle but the fate they had in their abilities was stronger and they just didn't believe in him.
dude you can fight someone and still be freaking afraid. Hello real life lol

@Yomi

But we're shown that along with its other powers, Pernida can regenerate as well. Just like Lille. It doesn't matter if it's connected to biology.

Byakuya fought As Nodt and wasn't afraid. There's no reason why he'd logically be afraid of Gerard whenever As Nodt manipulates fear itself.

Yes.

But they weren't.

And I'm trying to prove they didn't believe the miracle not that they weren't afraid.

The masses had complete faith in toshiro soloing him with shikai hyoketsu but it didn't.

The Miracle is not solely based on Regenerationn too. It didn't even sound like Regenerationn the first time we saw it in action.

The reishi connected the broken pieces of his body together, if I'm remembering correctly. His body wasn't completely destroyed on even a cellular level.
Hm.

Now that you say it. Gerard doesnt have a low godly feat since that would imply that Byakuya destroyed every single atom in his body...

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Byakuya fought As Nodt and wasn't afraid. There's no reason why he'd logically be afraid of Gerard whenever As Nodt manipulates fear itself.
was there anyone else around when he fought byakuya cause if it were than its obvious he grew stronger from their fear or despair. And his size obviously means everyone could see him which means they would have something in their sights to be afraid of even if their wasnt no one in his radius his size still makes him seen

@Yomi

But we're shown that along with its other powers, Pernida can regenerate as well. Just like Lille. It doesn't matter if it's connected to biology.
The Schrift didn't grant pernida's every power,just the compulsory.

His Regen is not his schrift at all

I just think the Schrift thing is speculative. If regenerating from the reishi is High or Low-Godly, I'll readily agree to Gerard getting it.

I just think the Schrift thing is speculative. If regenerating from the reishi is High or Low-Godly, I'll readily agree to Gerard getting it.
You'd have to proof that Byakuya reduced him to atoms, tho.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
He doesn't have atoms to destroy. Only Reishi, Spirit Particles. So that argument doesn't work.
Single... Reishi... particles.

Spirit atoms.

I'm not claiming it's High or anything like that. I'm saying that if it's proven to be such, I have no problem with it at all.

I do think Gerard's Regenerationn should be Low-High at worst.
If it isnt already Low-High, it seems reasonable to say the least tbh.

Gerard's Low Godly regen is reasonable per our understanding of Schrift's from statements in the manga. Schrifts are explained to abilities engraved in the soul and combine with the soul.

However, this should be a conditional Low Godly Regen. The reason the regen activates is because Gerard's Schrift activates (The Miracle) in order to make him stronger. Gerard's own soul is what regens him and reforms him. So to stop it you must kill his soul, this is where the conditional comes in. The Miracle only activates if his opponent has any hint of fear, and this is an incredibly small amount of fear since Gerard reformed with Miracle when fighting Bankai Kenpachi, Adult/Bankai Toshiro and Byakuya:

Bankai Kenpachi was a mindless beast the first time around, he was only on a rampage without any feelings.

Byakuya has demonstrated to be resistant to direct fear manipulation per As Nodt, he most likely did not have any. He's heartless and lacks much emotion as shown throughout the series..

Toshiro is perhaps the reason Gerard returned then the first time around. The second time around Toshiro was Adult Toshiro and had easy cleaned up Gerard with Byakuya and Kenpachi's help, there was no reason to feel, think or desire fear, yet Gerard returned.

So if the opponent has any hint at all of fear, worry and such in their thoughts, feelings or desires, then Gerard would have Low Godly Regen due to the The Miracle.

Doesn't apply to him, Gerard has it via The Miracle. I'll sum up what IMade said. If the opponent has any hint of fear, or worry then Gerard would have low godly.

Back