• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am just worried about that scaling other powers from lifting strength will become applied in a much more widespreaad scale, and turn the wiki more unreliable as a result, but I don't have the time and energy to continue to argue about it here.

Luffy can BFR somebody of the likes of Wapol because there is a big strength difference between them; knocking him flying.

But if Luffy tried such a thing on Kaido, Kaido would not go flying over the horizon.

And this isn't because of some special resistance that Kaido possesses.

So Luffy possessing "BFR" as an ability is a bit more tenuous.

Luffy can BFR somebody of the likes of Wapol because there is a big strength difference between them; knocking him flying.
There's not that big of a difference, and Kaido and everyone he's hit has an even larger strength difference and he doesn't do that.
Heck, Buggy is comparable to, can draw blood from, can push back, and can take hits from Luffy. Luffy still does it to him

But if Luffy tried such a thing on Kaido, Kaido would not go flying over the horizon.

And this isn't because of some special resistance that Kaido possesses.

So Luffy possessing "BFR" as an ability is a bit more tenuous.
Good point.

Well, I am just worried about that scaling other powers from lifting strength will become applied in a much more widespreaad scale, and turn the wiki more unreliable as a result, but I don't have the time and energy to continue to argue about it here.
The issue with what you're saying is that we're not going by "anyone with [X] lifting strength could theoretically do it, so let's give them the ability." If they haven't shown it, they won't get it.

Every One Piece reader/watcher about Luffy and his Devil Fruit. That he can stretch his body due to the power of his Gum Gum Fruit.

My first proposal is to give Damage Boost to Luffy due to his fighting style. As we know, Luffy would often times, stretch his hands a great distance a way before bringing them back to deliver a devastating blow, sending them flying a great distance. Just like a rubber band, the further it is stretch, the more powerful the sting it will inflict.

So wouldn't that means that when Luffy stretch his arms, he is making his blow more powerful than normal? An example what happen to Wapol where Luffy sent him flying over the horizon from the cold Drum Island and into distance lands as confirmed here

And this leads to my second proposal, and that is BFR for Luffy as he can send people like Buggy and Wapol flying over the horizons and into distant lands, so yeah. It is in-character for Luffy to send people flying as Boros sending people to space

TL;DR

Damage Boost and BFR to Luffy (Pre and Post Timeskip) due to stretching
I agree with Damage Boost, neutral about BFR, I'm reading the arguments agaisnt and in favor of it, i still didnt decided

How does Damage boost function in the scaling, say, Luffy vs Usopp?
The more he stretches, the stronger the attack.

If you're referring to the fight they had, then Usopp might scale to a damage boosted Luffy since Luffy used Gomu2 no Pistol, which he stretched while using
disagree with BFR

on the BFR page, it states that

people can absolutely return from luffy's attacks.
In a week?
Wapol wasn't coming back from where Luffy sent him in a week, neither was Buggy.
This isn't proof at all.

Last edited:
disagree with BFR

on the BFR page, it states that

people can absolutely return from luffy's attacks.
What? thats not the definition of BFR, that's just the method of victory regarding BFR, which is the opponent not coming back for a week, the BFR page explains the following stuff:

BFR is short for Battle Field Removal, referring to one opponent forcing the other outside of their area of combat for a long enough period of time that the battle cannot be continued. As long as they cannot return from wherever they have been transported to within a certain amount of time - a week, going by Standard Battle Assumptions - victory is reached through BFR. The specific methods of BFR may vary, and they may be as simple as teleporting an opponent somewhere far far away to abandoning them in another time, sending them to a parallel universe, or knocking them into space.

the part that mentions a week is literally just the wincondition, not the requisit to be BFR

Should be noted that BFR is not a power, it's just removing the opponent from the battlefield, be it a teleportation, portals, or a super-kick like Boros, doesn't matter, the opponent was removed from the battlefield, I am fine with Luffy having BFR due it
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on this perfectly. BFR is not an ability in and of itself per se, it's the aftereffect of another ability/move/attack/whatever that happens to forcibly remove the opponent from the battlefield for an extended period of time.

I agree and I actually agree with BFR as well... If not BFR then what? It is literally stated in the name Battle Field Removal... 🤷‍♂️

Alrighty. Given the unanimously agreement for Damage Boost and the majority agreement for BFR (Minor or Limited), I guess these abilities be added to the profile

Overall, never expected this random CRT to garner as much attention as it did. I thanks everybody for participating and giving your opinion on the matter

How many staff have said they're in favor of BFR? Because I'm more neutral on it now.

I am also uncertain, but you can apply the damage boosting as the profile pages were unlocked due to a request in another thread..

How many staff have said they're in favor of BFR? Because I'm more neutral on it now.
  • KT and Dragon are agreement
  • You are now neutral
  • Ant was in disagreement but is okay with it
  • ElixirBlue didn't say anything about BFR but ask how Damage Boose would affect scaling.
I have applied the changes to the profiles. If there is nothing left to say or mention, this thread can be closed

I had to do some cleanup work:

Please make a greater effort to maintain proper grammar and sentence structures in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back