• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every One Piece reader/watcher about Luffy and his Devil Fruit. That he can stretch his body due to the power of his Gum Gum Fruit.

My first proposal is to give Damage Boost to Luffy due to his fighting style. As we know, Luffy would often times, stretch his hands a great distance a way before bringing them back to deliver a devastating blow, sending them flying a great distance. Just like a rubber band, the further it is stretch, the more powerful the sting it will inflict.

So wouldn't that means that when Luffy stretch his arms, he is making his blow more powerful than normal? An example what happen to Wapol where Luffy sent him flying over the horizon from the cold Drum Island and into distance lands as confirmed here

And this leads to my second proposal, and that is BFR for Luffy as he can send people like Buggy and Wapol flying over the horizons and into distant lands, so yeah. It is in-character for Luffy to send people flying as Boros sending people to space

TL;DR

Damage Boost and BFR to Luffy (Pre and Post Timeskip) due to stretching

Last edited:
Every One Piece reader/watcher about Luffy and his Devil Fruit. That he can stretch his bodies due to the power of his Gum Gum Fruit.

My first proposal is to give Damage Boost to Luffy due to his fighting style. As we know, Luffy would often times, stretch his hands a great distance a way before bringing them back to deliver a devastating blow, sending them flying a great distance. Just like a rubber band, the further it is stretch, the more powerful the sting it will inflict.

So wouldn't that means that when Luffy stretch his arms, he is making his blow more powerful than normal. An example what happen to Wapol where Luffy sent him flying over the horizon from the cold Drum Island and into distance lands as confirmed here
Justified by the SHs who said Oars' attacks were much stronger when he could stretch. Oars would get it too.
And this leads to my second proposal, and that is BFR for Luffy as he can send people like Buggy and Wapol flying over the horizons and into distant lands, so yeah. It is in-character for Luffy to send people flying as Boros sending people to space
Valid

I agree with the OP

Damage boost is fine to me as well, but BFR seems exaggerated, as any sufficiently powerful character would get it if all that is required is to be able to punch somebody else far away.

Damage boost is fine to me as well, but BFR seems exaggerated, as any sufficiently powerful character would get it if all that is required is to be able to punch somebody else far away.
Luffy PTS BFR'd his enemies with Bazooka (Wapol, Alvida, Gasparde [in a movie], and probably more)

That's like saying anybody with sufficient speed can form a tornado or walk on water or ignite themselves, yet we only give it to those who have shown the ability.

Luffy PTS BFR'd his enemies with Bazooka (Wapol, Alvida, Gasparde [in a movie], and probably more)
Yes, but it might set a bad precedent to allow any character with high superhuman strength to get a battlefield removal ability.

That's like saying anybody with sufficient speed can form a tornado or walk on water or ignite themselves, yet we only give it to those who have shown the ability.
Most extremely physically strong characters that I know of live in verses where they can punch away other characters at least several kilometres though.

Most extremely physically strong characters that I know of live in verses where they can punch away other characters at least several kilometres though.
This is true and I admit it's more common than the examples I've given, but feats of this nature aren't as common. Would we not give someone BFR if they could punch them to a different planet all because of the method that it's done?
I can't understand the BFR. Luffy just hits his opponent so hard that he throws him to the horizon, Luffy is not teleporting anything
BFR isn't just teleportation.
The specific methods of BFR may vary, and they may be as simple as teleporting an opponent somewhere far far away to abandoning them in another time, sending them to a parallel universe, or knocking them into space.

If someone hasn't shown to knock people to the extent of qualifying for BFR, then they shouldn't get it.
Or else we should remove all water walkers who gain the ability by running fast.

I can't understand the BFR. Luffy just hits his opponent so hard that he throws him to the horizon, Luffy is not teleporting anything
You don't need to teleport to get BFR, similar to Boros, all one need to do is force 'the other outside of their area of combat for a long enough period of time that the battle cannot be continued" as mentioned in the BFR page.

The page goes to mention that " The specific methods of BFR may vary, and they may be as simple as teleporting an opponent somewhere far far away to abandoning them in another time, sending them to a parallel universe, or knocking them into space". What is wrong with knocking someone to another island

Well, I think that it is exaggerated and misleading. We would have to give all reasonably superstrong characters in the wiki both BFR, earth(quake) manipulation, shockwave manipulation, and air manipulation by that logic. Something more esoteric and extensive should be required.

I think this still works as BFR for Luffy. It's not teleportation but it doesn't need to be to qualify as BFR.

I disagree with setting a standard where we would eventually have to give several extra abilities to thousands of characters based on side effects of their physical strengths alone.

Well, I think that it is exaggerated and misleading. We would have to give all reasonably superstrong characters in the wiki both BFR, earth(quake) manipulation, shockwave manipulation, and air manipulation by that logic. Something more esoteric and extensive should be required.
That's the point I'm trying to counter

If they haven't shown the ability, then they shouldn't get it.
Different verses work differently. Maybe 100 megatons to send someone flying to another continent is good enough to send somebody to the other side of a building in a different verse.
Luffy's most definitely not the strongest in his verse and he's probably one of the only people to consistently do this (Wapol, Buggy). Big Mom has never done this, WB either, Kaido has I think.

If someone hasn't lit their arm on fire moving their fist very fast, we wouldn't give them fire manipulation because they're scientifically fast enough.
If they've shown it, then they get it

Well, I think that any sufficiently superhuman One Piece character could logically do it, as could the characters in hundreds of other verses, and I have to concern myself mainly with the sustainable integrity of the wiki as a whole, so I am rejecting this suggestion, even though I really like Luffy. My apologies.

Sanji to this point has never done it and he's stronger than Beginning of Series Luffy.
The gap between Luffy and Kaido is much wider than Luffy and Wapol and he can't even send him to the other side of the roof on Onigashima.

Logically any sufficiently superhuman One Piece character should be able to use Rokushiki techniques, which require high physical strength (Geppo is kicking hard enough to jump off the air, Rankakyu is kicking fast enough to make a flying Slash, etc.) yet it takes certain training for it to happen.

Kizaru's faster and stronger than CP9 but he can't make flying slashes with his legs.
Kaido's physically stronger than CP9 but he can't jump off the air from brute physical strength.

The point is if they haven't shown it, they don't get it. If they have, they do.

This reminded me that Gon should probably get BFR for punching an opponent to another country lol
Add Naruto and pain to that

anyway I agree I don't really see how it works since it was mostly gag feats but it could work and it is just hundred kilometers away

Sanji to this point has never done it and he's stronger than Beginning of Series Luffy.
The gap between Luffy and Kaido is much wider than Luffy and Wapol and he can't even send him to the other side of the roof on Onigashima.

Logically any sufficiently superhuman One Piece character should be able to use Rokushiki techniques, which require high physical strength (Geppo is kicking hard enough to jump off the air, Rankakyu is kicking fast enough to make a flying Slash, etc.) yet it takes certain training for it to happen.

Kizaru's faster and stronger than CP9 but he can't make flying slashes with his legs.
Kaido's physically stronger than CP9 but he can't jump off the air from brute physical strength.

The point is if they haven't shown it, they don't get it. If they have, they do.
Tempest makes sense to me, I think BFR for Luffy works. Although I think it should be limited by lifting strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back