• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ogre vs The Chuuni (Hanma vs Shadow)

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
3OWo7iO.jpg
qXS79ZC.jpg

SBA

Speed Equalized

I am open to restricting Cid's magic and I AM ATOMIC if necessary, i am going for a skill battle here.

Who wins?

Yujiro:

Shadow:

In a skill battle, I'm quite sure Yujiro pieces up Cid in an instant.

Baki has a lot of really good analytical prediction and martial arts skill scaling. And Yujiro stands at the top of the food chain.

He should be able to predict the moves of someone like Cid with ease.

Though, I'm confused on Cid's durability. Shouldn't he scale to I AM ATOMIC? Or his magical attacks in durability?

Would he really one-shot himself with those moves? I thought he stood in the center of his I AM ATOMIC explosion.

Skill is arguable, very arguable, but I am not home to engage in that inevitable storm.

The anime basically showed he can use barriers to block off I AM Atomic, so he should scale with like barriers or something.

Well, when you get home, you should provide scans for Cid's skill. His profile makes him out to be a rather decent fighter with low-level analytical prediction and instinctive reaction.

Which doesn't seem anywhere near Yujiro who can solo armies, predict the entire martial arts battles of other people who also have insane martial arts skills, copy moves with a glance, etc etc.

Instinctive Reaction is a fodder skill, Rose, Alexis, Rex etc can all dodge stuff they aren't aware of on instinct.

Shadow should get resistance to info analysis and precog due to being imperceptible to Beatrix who is master, anyone on that level has that, but Shadow's attack can't be perceived.

Anyway it's like 11 here, I don't have time to be digging for scans, gonna have to wait till tomorrow.

There are so many angles to go at, 6 year old Cid beating groups of master martial artist, the levels of skill in verse, fodder members of Shadow Garden being above those levels, Cid messing around clowning on those Shadow Garden members, People on the level of the 7 Shadows taking on whole armies by themselves for days etc.

I am honestly contemplating if its even worth it to spend hours doing all that, it might be good to have for future reference i guess, but i don't really have time to be spending doing that, i come here to chill not write essays, anyway before all that though, just wonder if Cid's luck just makes this and other potential future matches impossible?

To explain, basically things will always conveniently work out in favor of his reputation anyway, he might personally want something like making a lot of money, while in his mind teaching his subordinates a lesson, only for that to end up somehow helping them, and beating his enemy, thus elevating his reputation even more.

Like the guy ran away to another country cause he didn't want to face Delta, while there meets up with and helps someone he saved before, comes in at the perfect moment to help his subordinate, conveniently finds a ring vital to the enemies plans, losses said ring and Rose finds it and also hardens Rose's resolve (who the enemy needed for their plan) to use said ring, he then beats the enemies trump card, goes to another world, "saves" someone he knew before, who if he didn't show up and heal, would just be a mindless murderer, literally came from a whole other world at the perfect time to save her before she became a monster, and takes her back with him.

He always just seems to be in the right place at the right time, i mean he got lost and his enemy came in that same direction, in terms of combat i don't think anything insane like him idk tripping on a stone and that ends up beating his enemy, would happen, cause that's never been the case, but if his enemy was idk plotting some sort of sneak attack or have some kind of plot to defeat him, he would conveniently foil it. Thinking about it, can his moves even be predicted? Random actions he takes conveniently end up in his favor :unsure:

Last edited:
There are so many angles to go at, 6 year old Cid beating groups of master martial artist, the levels of skill in verse, fodder members of Shadow Garden being above those levels, Cid messing around clowning on those Shadow Garden members, People on the level of the 7 Shadows taking on whole armies by themselves for days etc.

I am honestly contemplating if its even worth it to spend hours doing all that, it might be good to have for future reference i guess, but i don't really have time to be spending doing that, i come here to chill not write essays, anyway before all that though, just wonder if Cid's luck just makes this and other potential future matches impossible?

To explain, basically things will always conveniently work out in favor of his reputation anyway, he might personally want something like making a lot of money, while in his mind teaching his subordinates a lesson, only for that to end up somehow helping them, and beating his enemy, thus elevating his reputation even more.

Like the guy ran away to another country cause he didn't want to face Delta, while there meets up with and helps someone he saved before, comes in at the perfect moment to help his subordinate, conveniently finds a ring vital to the enemies plans, losses said ring and Rose finds it and also hardens Rose's resolve (who the enemy needed for their plan) to use said ring, he then beats the enemies trump card, goes to another world, "saves" someone he knew before, who if he didn't show up and heal, would just be a mindless murderer, literally came from a whole other world at the perfect time to save her before she became a monster, and takes her back with him.

He always just seems to be in the right place at the right time, i mean he got lost and his enemy came in that same direction, in terms of combat i don't think anything insane like him idk tripping on a stone and that ends up beating his enemy, would happen, cause that's never been the case, but if his enemy was idk plotting some sort of sneak attack or have some kind of plot to defeat him, he would conveniently foil it. Thinking about it, can his moves even be predicted? Random actions he takes conveniently end up in his favor :unsure:
The manga has stopped at where he and beta goes to another world. Which LN vol is this?

Back