• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Overwatch Power Revisions

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
A new story for Overwatch was released today that would give Soldier: 76 and Reaper (Overwatch) some new powers:

Soldier: 76

• Regenerationn (Mid-Low): Jack has regenerated from being shot and would have regenerated from being shot at point blank range by Reaper's shotgun if they didnt have regen-nullification.
    • Jack had been shot right beneath the giant numerals "76" on his jacket. As she took a closer look, she could see that the jacket and his flesh had been ripped apart by a shotgun blast. From that range, it should have killed him, but Jack had certain advantages. His wounds could heal themselves—a legacy of his past as a test subject and an enhanced soldier in the American armed forces. She could already see the pink of new skin forming at the edges...
  • Adaptation: Jack's genetic enhancements allow him to rapidly adapt to harsh climates.
    • In the shade of one of the massive, derelict cooling towers, the heat from the oppressive afternoon sun was a little more tolerable. It didn't bother Ana, but Jack seemed to be laboring. His genetic enhancements should have helped him acclimatize to different conditions, the same way they should have stopped the blood that was seeping through the shirt he'd tied across his midsection as a bandage.
Reaper:

• Regenerationn Nullification: His Hellfire Shotgun rounds nullifies Jack's Regenerationn.
    • He ran his finger over the jagged stitches. "Looks like a butcher went at it." "Well, you can take care of yourself from now on, if you like." "It's a little hard to reach," Jack said sheepishly. "Then don't complain." Ana paused. "And shouldn't that be healing itself?" Jack nodded. "It should be. Maybe the shells were laced with a biological agent?
    • This is due to being laced with the same cell-destroying energy as Moira's biotics.
    • One of the articles indicated that casualties in one of Reaper's attacks had suffered the same sort of wounds as Jack. That damned scientist, Ana thought with disgust
Ana also has flashbangs as standard equipment

Moira would also get regen nullification, since the shells are made out of her cell-destroying tech. I should just be specified that it negates biological Regenerationn on a cellular level. So... I agree with the revisions.

Agreed, Moira should also technically get matter/biological manip seeing as how she describes her healing as actively restoring ones' cellular structure

Wait a minute... Didn't Reaper undergo the same project as Jack? This would justify his regen and we could actually give him the same adaptation/regen as Jack in a new key/pre-reaper

That he should

Also i dont know why but Reaper has grenades that hes used in the cinematics that arent on his profile for some reason

He should also have Smoke Manipulation

And maybe Danmaku via Death Blossom

Yeah, he can create smoke and turn into smoke. Death Blosson is a danmaku, so he should get it too.

What about a new key? Pre-Incident/Pre-Reaper. Same stats, but with a lower regen (since he would just be equal to Jack in this term) and without his Reaper powers

Abilities seem fine, but I was told that auto shotguns don't count for Danmaku.

I guess OP seems fine.

Also, isn't teleportation the reason why Reaper get a new pair of guns? When he is out of ammo he teleport a new pair with him, that is what I heard.

I see, although teleportation is more fiting with his powers, I have no issue with Limited Weapon Creation.

Reading through their lores theyre actually missing a few powers, and it turns out Reaper had regen null from the beginning that was just never added

WeeklyBattles said:
Its never stated where he gets the guns
He just pulls them out of his coat. A sticker in the game basically shows that he carries multiple pairs of guns, and since you don't run out of ammo in-game, people assume he has infinite guns. But that's not the case. It's simply his method of reloading to disgard his guns and pull out a new pair that he was already carrying, and presumably it's finite lorewise the same way we presume this for other characters.

Just out of curiosity would anyone like to go through this to see if theres anything we need to add from it?

Okay, im starting with the comics.

Going by this entire comic, Junkrat absolutely needs Preparation, and i'll be calcing the feats for them when i can

Symmetra's comic shows she needs to have what she can make with hard light expanded on, as well as having the ability to drain people's energy to knock them out. Also she was supposed to get lightspeed attack speed but it was never implemented.

The Titan Omnic has some good calcable feats here.

Prime Ana may be worth a key, shes got some pretty good tech, Preparation, and vision 600x greater than a normal human. Also some good skill feats for Widow.

Reaper should have a resistance to sleep manipulation (He quite literally laughed off ana's Sleep Dart) and Flight in his Wraith form

Torbjor needs Snare Grenades added to his equipment

Tracer and Genji sparring with each other should be added to their profiles

Zarya melting the metal warehouse door could yield nice results

We list people who are able to prepare for things? Isn't that literally anyone without some degree of mental impairment, or is it just for dudes notable for it?

Also, just wanted to point out that Doomfist's AP description needs to be updated. His gauntlet is currently vastly superior to the original Doomfist's gauntlet, which is the one that has the skyscraper leveling statement. Doomfist actually directly killed the previous doomfist, who in turn killed the original doomfist.

Also, if we could use The Game Theorists calculations (which actually have more base than their Lucio ones)... We got something to support the High 8-C+~8-B tier, since they calculated Meteor Strike to be High 8-C+. Also, Doomfist killed the second Doomfist with his bare hands, without any gauntlet

Mmmm i'd ask the calc group about the Doomfist thing, i know people here would be more comfortable if it were checked and potentially adjusted by out team here

Now onto the cinematics

Tracer can speed up and slow down her own time in addition to reversing time

Reaper once again displays flight

Widowmaker should have Information Analysis via her goggles

Hanzo should have enhanced senses seeing as he was able to detect Genji. Also martial arts.

Soldier 76 should have info analysis with his visor

Ana and Pharah should have Martial Arts

Sombra should without a doubt get technological manip, cyborgization, and martial arts.

Sombra should also probably have a Higher via Hacking and maybe a list of all the things shes hacked for reference.

Orisa stopped a bus and car without herself budging

Gonna calc Doomfist's feats

I can probably calc the OR14's durability from this

There's D.Va surviving that fall into the ocean in her cinematic. Not sure how high of a fall it was, but it's pretty obvious the explosion above pushed her downward faster.

Back