• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some OPM upgrades

He kicked up rocks as well as shown in the moon jump scene. He didn't crater the entire thing, just the center.

Sadly like Vaccine Man's feat even if it yields better results it will still scale to absolutely no one but the top tiers and maybe Metal Knight w/ Preptime.

Source

Using data collected by NASA's Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission, the researchers determined that the 3.8-billion-year-old basin was created by a huge impactor that punched an initial, transient crater into the lunar surface, measuring up to 285 miles in diameter — about as wide as the state of New York.

This impact, the researchers calculated, sent at least 816,000 cubic miles of pulverized lunar crust flying out from the impact site — an amount equivalent to 135 times the combined volume of the Great Lakes.

The ejected material, which the team modeled in computer simulations, rose up like a tidal wave, then crashed down to the lunar surface, creating giant faults through the entire crust and forming two concentric walls of rock on the surface, each rising several kilometers high. Most of the action, according to simulations, occurred over just a couple of hours.

This is exactly what happened with the moon jump and formed the exact some results. A large single impact that kicks up dust and rocks which then settles and forms rings. So only the center crater would be what Saitama would be credited with destroying

Peter1129 said:
Sadly like Vaccine Man's feat even if it yields better results it will still scale to absolutely no one but the top tiers and maybe Metal Knight w/ Preptime.
At the maximum CE would fire a beam that through 1,500 meters of rock and concrete. So assuming the hole was a cylinder and 5 meters in raidus I got a volume of 117809724509.61998 cm^3. Assuming vaporization for a high ball the results eould be 3.0277099e+15 joules or.... Large Town level.

Memes

Pretty sure 3.03e+15 joules is High 7-C+ instead of High 7-C.

So Child Emperor used a High 7-C+ attack to one shot a High 7C that's stronger than a High 7-C that's stronger than baseline High 7-C.

To many High 7-Cs man. But it is more evidence for Towm level OPM I guess

Peter1129 said:
Orochi would definitely scale to it since Child Emperor is definitely not above Dragon level like Orochi is. Golden Sperm might also scale.

Top Tiers of One Punch Man are all the Above Dragon level threats. Those that could survive a punch from Saitama are pretty much the high tiers that borderline top tier. They are the only ones that would scale to Child Emperor's new feat if it gets accepted.

Well at least we should try and calculate it more precisely. Half assed calcs are never good.

And what's going to happen with Pluton? He deserves a "possibly 6-C" rating.

It wouldn't be that big of a stretch to scale S-class heroes like Bang, Darkshine, flashy flash and some of the monster association executives to Child Emperor's feat since they are above characters that one shot baselines.

> He deserves a "possibly 6-C" rating.

Since we don't know how many shots it took he can't get that rating

> Scaling off the floor height of nearby buildings

You can get the beam diameter but the depth is pretty vague. Also the majority of the floors it plowed through were pretty hollow, which would further reduce the mass

Actually lookimg at the scans the beam didn't vaporize stuff. It left far to many fragments. Its at best V. Frag or Pulverzation.

Using 125 meters as the diameter amd the same depth

• 18407769454627.9961 cm^3. Assuming 100% solid you get: 1.2701361e+15 joules for V. Frag and 3.9457054e+15 joules for pulverization. Both of which are High 7-C or High 7-C+
Vaporization would get 7-A, but considering the hollowness, the lilely hood the depth was less that 1,500 meters, and counter evidence against vaporization I think High 7-C is the best you can resonably get

I just checked the panel again and I can't believe Qawsed said the radius of the beam was 5 meters. The diameter of the blast is clearly over 50 meters at least, considering the fact that the beam absolutely dwarfed buildings. The downplay...

EDbzDB2 said:
I just checked the panel again and I can't believe Qawsed said the radius of the beam was 5 meters. The diameter of the blast is clearly over 50 meters at least, considering the fact that the beam absolutely dwarfed buildings. The downplay...
Even at 125m diameter, and assuming vaporization of a solid 1500m tube of granite, its only 70 megatons of tnt equivalent.

I think I'm pretty sure that 1500 meters only apply to the webcomic and it's risky to apply it to the manga rn.

Also regarding earlier comment.... No @ space dust lingering

The dust doesn't just stay in place. Gravity barely exists on the moon and astronauts are already leaping so high. The escape velocity there is much lower than Earth. If Saitama so much leaps with the force of an explosion, all those rocks are not gonna stay afloat and remain stationary. They're gonna float away or be on the ground/surface.

This isn't some fancy assumption or anything. It's just common math and common sense.

Boros-fan said:
Even at 125m diameter, and assuming vaporization of a solid 1500m tube of granite, its only 70 megatons of tnt equivalent.
70 megatons is 7-B, which is a pretty big upgrade.

> I think I'm pretty sure that 1500 meters only apply to the webcomic and it's risky to apply it to the manga rn.

Its also a highball since CE wasn't that deep

> The dust doesn't just stay in place. Gravity barely exists on the moon and astronauts are already leaping so high. The escape velocity there is much lower than Earth. If Saitama so much leaps with the force of an explosion, all those rocks are not gonna stay afloat and remain stationary. They're gonna float away or be on the ground/surface.

I quoted a statement here that explains how the rings are formed. It supports that the only damage we should calc for Saitama is the small center crater and not the furtherst rock/dust ring

> I just checked the panel again and I can't believe Qawsed said the radius of the beam was 5 meters. The diameter of the blast is clearly over 50 meters at least, considering the fact that the beam absolutely dwarfed buildings. The downplay...

Even my revised one is High 7-C

>Its also a highball since CE wasn't that deep

We honestly have no idea how deep he was, since that chamber doesn't seem to be part of the base structure we see in chapter 93.
Monster Association base

The base is inter connected and corpses of the builders were found in the basin along with bridges. Its probably just off to the side in that image. As for depth there's no way to know for sure. Maybe count the layers and double it?

I think CE shows other images of the base. As for thickness you can just compare it to some of the cross-section parts. Buts its iffy no matter what, making a proper calc difficult.

Qawsedf234 said:
The base is inter connected and corpses of the builders were found in the basin along with bridges. Its probably just off to the side in that image. As for depth there's no way to know for sure. Maybe count the layers and double it?
What? CE was at the bottom of a huge body of water. The only logical place for a giant body of water to be is at the very bottom of the base. That's just common sense.

No? Underground lakes and springs have no set depth. Even if it was the bottom of the base, I used the 1,500 meter statement from the webcomic which gives the minimum depth for the thing.

Except we can actually see exactly how deep the spring was. CE's mech appears to be about 5 meters in height, and it looked tiny compared to the depth of the spring. The depth of the spring is almost 100 meters deep. There's absolutely no way that spring could fit anywhere but at the very bottom of the base.

https://i.imgur.com/5wBCrKS.png

Good point. So for now the 1,500 thing can probably stay until a better figure is gotten. But even so: CE didn't fire his beam from the bottom of the lake, the area he destroyed was mostly hollow, and he did not vaporize what he destroyed. High 7-C or Low 7-B is the best I can see for it, and the move won't scale to anyone.

It could/will. Someone just needs to measure the center crater rather than the outer most ring

Qawsedf234 said:
It could/will. Someone just needs to measure the center crater rather than the outer most ring
Calcing the center ring would give a much lower value than the already accepted 23 petatons.

Current calc assumes KE iirc. So that's not surprising I guess. The IRL moon rings were formed with smaller explosions

Using the article I linked previously with your calculator I got 2.32e+25 joules or 5.5 Petatons for the meteor that made the three ring lunar thing.

Back