• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some more Tier 2 stuff for Altair.

Yeah, this is a thing. Here's a tweet by the author in response to a fan and some scans from the anime. Take them as you will, but there's more than one statement about it, and it seems pretty consistent.

https://imgur.com/kCrTNju (This seems more a universal feat)

https://imgur.com/jbsY3sL (Pretty clear that Altair can create multiple universes)

https://imgur.com/a/wLI0C (Straight-up Multiversal. I don't know about 2-A, but pretty solidly 2-B.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Roloal97/status/969058128569384960 (Fan asked if Altair became a higher-diensional god who could create infinite universes and stories. Author said "Maybe", so take it as you will.)

there's some infinite universe stuff in the notebooks if i'm correct. that said, they haven't been translated.

Altair can't directly destroy the multiverse, though. She plans to end it by shaking the "pillar" of the primary universe, which wall cause all universe to collapse in on one another.

Altair can absolutely create multiple universes, but she needs time. An infinite number of universes created over an infinite amount of time yields an undefined number, not anything quantifiable.

I would say its "likely 2-B" than straight up to "2-B" Altair needs prep time to create an infinite universe and another prep time to destroy an infinite universe just like in the anime

Edit: Altair can't be 2-A she hasn't shown any feats in the anime to show that kind of ability in a instant/flash nor did Altair affect the 4-D plane, although in the ending/credits they did show making infinite worlds but just as I said, she and Setsuna required prep time

It's not just prep time. She needs literally infinite time to make an infinite multiverse. Infinity/infinity = undefined. It isn't just "with prep" it's outright mathematically unquantifiable.

As for the collapse of the multiverse, that only works in the re:CREATORS verse. In a neutral environment or any battle purposes, she can't pull that off.

mmm, good point, I'm guessing its the same as destroying she would infinite and unquanitfiable amounts of time to destroy a two or more

I'd say "2-C, POSSIBLY 2-A" at most....cause the first two examples shown are, to be fair, based on dialogue alone and don't necessarily mean she can easily and/or reliably do just that. Remember that it took her a LOT of effort, with the help of the entire audience, just for her to create one "pocket" universe/dimension for the Created version of Setsuna to be allowed to live in. Also, this was mentioned earlier in the trend, it would take a lot of time for her to make multiple universes, and even then, it'd be only 2-A at most. I'm pretty sure there are many other 2-B to 2-A (possibly even just 2-C) entities in the VS Battle database that can accomplish similar feats on a whim.

Didn't one of the members here say they'll ask that question? I'm pretty sure stuff from asking the author isn't allowed.

Also why is this in the versus thread.

Assaltwaffle said:
I still very opposed to anything above Low 2-C. She created a universe and that's her best feat for her full power form. Unfortunately she doesn't have the power to unmake universes on a 2-B/2-A level without messing with the verse's fundamental mechanics.
Exactly....like I said before, she was only able to accomplish a creation of a mini universe with ALL the help from the audience. But now that she probably won't be in any contact with the audience from the real world (unless if she can somehow Create her own civilization of people), there's nobody as an audience to augment her powers, even if Setsuna somehow lends a hand. She also doesn't have the power to change and/or alter concepts on a multiversal level.

It wasn't a mini universe and nothing implies so and creation of the Universe is the most we see on screen but it wasn't stated to be her limit as she erases the Universe and creates a new one in it's place. Here the lack of feat comes into play and not her limitations.

Her Conceptual Existence makes her powerful as in the real world there's people still creating stories and creations of her which gets added to her powerset. So doesn't matter if her Universe has no civilization or not as people in the real world as well as Setsuna in her world would be supporting her.

Lancer45Man said:
It wasn't a mini universe and nothing implies so and creation of the Universe is the most we see on screen but it wasn't stated to be her limit as she erases the Universe and creates a new one in it's place. Here the lack of feat comes into play and not her limitations.
Her Conceptual Existence makes her powerful as in the real world there's people still creating stories and creations of her which gets added to her powerset. So doesn't matter if her Universe has no civilization or not as people in the real world as well as Setsuna in her world would be supporting her.
That doesn't mean she should be easily given 2-A, though...because with the lack of feats, and the only "sources" being said dialogue by the characters, so it would at best be "LIKELY 2-C/2-B" or "POSSIBLY 2-B/2-A". We can't just straight up say she's 2-B or 2-A without any recorded feats to prove so. I'm pretty sure there are many other 2-C to 2-A characters that can do what she just do, but more easily, within a shorter period of time, or on a grander scale, and actually have feats to back it up. While I understand that it wasn't stated to be Altair's limitations, the lack of feats make the possibly big tier 2 jump for her have pretty much an asterisk on it.

Back