• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In S3E7, the village witch states that the magician who enslaved her village "burnt their souls to ash" when enslaving them. Considering she and Isaac both resisted him. She also displays aura, capable of forming gusts of wind and intimidating Isaac's Night Creatures. Thus, I suggest we add Aura and Resistance to Soul Manipulation to the profiles of Dracula, Isaac, and Hector, on account of them all being expert magic practitioners, superior to the old village witch, and these abilities not being shown as unique to her.

Here is the full quote:
The town is run by a magician.

He has dreams of a city,

a slave population to build it.

So he swept up the surrounding villages,

cooked their souls down to ash...

turned them into ants.

Make them eat s***

and stack bricks.

Imo it sounds metaphorical. If there is any soul burning, can also happen overtime rather than immediately. It is of note that the brainwashed townspeople appear to be alive, and that even Night Creatures have souls; Miranda actually asks Issac to kill everyone in the town, stating that they'll thank him for it, which implies that they do have souls.

Don't think there is enough support to give Aura to every competent magician. In general magicians in the series seem to specialize in specific disciplines.

I agree with Shadow. It doesn't sound very literal to me.
Neutral on the Aura stuff, but I think Shadow's also making sense there in regards to different magicians having different abilities/specialties. Not everyone can do what Sypha or Alucard can, for instance.

Back