• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Majora's Mask & Link (OoT) add ons

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't really contriversial(might be some slight controversy with the abilities at most) and it seems the zelda threads finally quieted down (Asides from the Low 2-C thread). But it should be straight-foward enough. This also should obviously be added to Composite Link since he's uh, them.

Anyways, MM Link has the triforce of courage: http://i.imgur.com/6yldUdl.png So he should gain this in his P&A "Holds a third of the Triforce (The Triforce of Courage grants protection against evil magic)".

Paralysis Inducement should of been added due to how deku nuts act (This goes to boh MM and Young OoT):

https://youtu.be/Jyj3VDg1a8o?list=PLHLhcULPCm0yQCLH-SQlJv_BaInGXfpuF&t=44

Spatial Manipulation or Sealing with bottles (I say sealing cause not even non-corporeal ghost can escape):

https://youtu.be/AYKVHSCbALo?t=100

Possible Vibration Manipulation for Goron Link since he literally causes the ground to vibrate with any of his hits or when he does a ground pound.

This was discussed and agreed upon in a previous thread I did, it just never happened for whatever reason, Stealth Mastery for MM Link and OoT Link, they both have to sneak past areas. This obviously also applies to Composite.

Telepathy with the Ocarina, should scale to both MM and OoT:

https://imgur.com/a/iX89l3L

Either Precognition or Clairvoyance , Link foresaw his encounter with Ganon in his dreams, no it's not combat applicable:

https://youtu.be/hUZkc_bFtwA?list=PLHLhcULPCm0yQCLH-SQlJv_BaInGXfpuF&t=132

Empathic Manipulation with Saria's Song, he cured Darmani of his depression:

https://youtu.be/IYTQO1pylzY?list=PLHLhcULPCm0yQCLH-SQlJv_BaInGXfpuF&t=246

Virtually every Link should have Explosion Manipulation since they have bombs.

Healing- In OoT the triforce of courage heals him, and he has potions: https://youtu.be/dwrENG9qjhA?t=65

Limited Animal Manipulation - Cause cows to produce milk when they play Epona's song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1zkuswe95s

Wood Manipulation- Can restore broken signs with Zelda's lullaby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClBVg30CWAY

He should get Holy Manipulation, Master Sword is stated to be more effective on demons and Light Arrows can pierce through evil. (Really any Link should get this)

Resistance to Corruption also for Link since he can wear the Fierc Deity Mask which dark power is similar to Majora's.

Resistance to Curses for Link since he can wear the mask of truth without being cursed.

Resistance to Extreme Colds- He travels top a snowy mountain with only a tunic and the ice caverns.

If resistances to curse/corruption goes through the Majora can bypass said resistances.

Also for this, "Resistance to Transmutation (Can spend a long time deep in the Lost Woods without becoming a Skull Kid or Stalfos and isn't a Kokiri)" the process of this also makes you forget who you are and make you more aggressive against adults. So it should be an added Resistance to Memory Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, & Empathic Manipulation along with Transmutation. Should also be noted that it's at least town-wide since it's at bare minimum the size of regular woods.

I've created sandboxes for the profiles

For the bottle part, sealing seems to make the most sense, however poe souls are depicted as flames for their new sprites in the 3DS remakes, rather than the actual poe. I'm not entirely sure if poe flames are still non-corporeal, but
8C4F09F6-2D97-4EC0-8A85-43D74BCE450D
everything else seems good.
Edit: Nevermind Link has Non-Physical Interaction

I think this all looks good, although for the possible vibration manipulation, could it be that the screen is shaking as an effect to show off how powerful his strikes are?

I agree with MM Link having the ToC's abilities

Paralysis Inducement is meh. It creates a blinding light which stuns enemies. It's not exactly paralysis Inducement.

I'm quite sure that's just spatial manipulation but not sealing. It working on ghosts simply means it also works on ghosts. Oh, and Link should have soul Manipulation for being able to eat Poes.

Okay? Kinda an useless ability but it's legit

Already agreed on this

This is good.

We already have it in Composite Link's page, so good.

There's not enough proof. Simply Darunia starting to dance despite being anxious isn't enough for Empathic Manipulation

That's something I planned on doing one day, but yeah, every Link should have Explosion Manipulation

Not sure about ToC, but healing is fine regardless because of potions

I agree

That's Telekinesis

Every Link with the Master Sword should have it

This is a bit complicated, but it's quite different in the Japanese version.

"Ú¼╝þÑ×Òü«õ╗«ÚØóÒéÆ ÒééÒéëÒüúÒüƒ Òé¬ÒâïÒüî ÒüïÒüÂÒéï Òé¬ÒâïÒü«ÒüèÚØó´╝ƒ [C]ÒüºÒüïÒüÂÒüúÒüªÒü┐ÒéêÒüå You got the Kishin Mask. Is it an oni mask that an oni wears? Try it on with [C]." (-The kanji for Kishin literally mean "Oni God". It translates to "Fierce God".)

Basically, the whole thing is kind of a Japanese pun, reason why it got drastically changed in the Western version. Majora asks Link to play tag in the original version, but In Japan, the one who is "it" in a game of tag is called the "oni". In fact the name of the game means "pretending to be an oni". Hence why the mask, as it's used to indicate who's "it" in Majora's final battle. References of the mask having a dark power are absent in the Japanese version. Look here for more context

I need to check this, but iirc the guy got cursed for stealing it, not for having it.

I'm not sure if that's enough to describe it as "extreme cold".

All of those effects are side effects of the woods' transmutation. Resisting it prevents you from transforming and getting affected by the other abilities.

"Paralysis Inducement is meh. It creates a blinding light which stuns enemies. It's not exactly paralysis Inducement."

>It makes them literally frozen and not able to move until either the affect wears off or link hits them.

"The ability to prevent one's opponent from coordinating their movements or stopping their movements completely.

Google defines paralysis in the following manner:

"The loss of the ability to move (and sometimes to feel anything) in part or most of the body, typically as a result of illness, poison, or injury."

This can be a result or considered a form of the following:"

It literally follows the definition word for word.

"I'm quite sure that's just spatial manipulation but not sealing. It working on ghosts simply means it also works on ghosts. Oh, and Link should have soul Manipulation for being able to eat Poes."

>The reasoning why I'm saying it's sealing is because if it was just spatial manipulation the ghost would be able to escape from the bottle rather easily. However with sealing it makes a lot more sense why the ghost are trapped here.

"There's not enough proof. Simply Darunia starting to dance despite being anxious isn't enough for Empathic Manipulation"

>Literal first thing it says for Empathic Manipulation, "The ability to allow to influence feelings and emotions."

Now let's see what Darunia says:

https://youtu.be/IYTQO1pylzY?list=PLHLhcULPCm0yQCLH-SQlJv_BaInGXfpuF&t=297

"Heeey!! What a nice tune1 . Just like that my depression is all gone! Something just came over me! I suddenly wanted to dance like crazy!"

He literally states that he "suddenly wanted to dance". Now i can further prove from the vbw page alone this is empathic manipulation.

Quote: "Cause feelings of joy and happiness (might be used to disorient the enemy, or simply soothe someone unnecessarily angry)". We already know Darunia was extremely furious and Link needed to learn a song to get him out of his anger.

It's more then enough proof, it's literally the exact description of the page itself.

"

This is a bit complicated, but it's quite different in the Japanese version.

"Ú¼╝þÑ×Òü«õ╗«ÚØóÒéÆ ÒééÒéëÒüúÒüƒ Òé¬ÒâïÒüî ÒüïÒüÂÒéï Òé¬ÒâïÒü«ÒüèÚØó´╝ƒ [C]ÒüºÒüïÒüÂÒüúÒüªÒü┐ÒéêÒüå You got the Kishin Mask. Is it an oni mask that an oni wears? Try it on with [C]." (-The kanji for Kishin literally mean "Oni God". It translates to "Fierce God".)

Basically, the whole thing is kind of a Japanese pun, reason why it got drastically changed in the Western version. Majora asks Link to play tag in the original version, but In Japan, the one who is "it" in a game of tag is called the "oni". In fact the name of the game means "pretending to be an oni". Hence why the mask, as it's used to indicate who's "it" in Majora's final battle. References of the mask having a dark power are absent in the Japanese version. Look here for more context"

>Ok so what about what you quoted implies it's a pun? All this seems to show is that it's futher supported that FD is a demonic entity. The "pretend" you're taking very literally, Majora "pretends" to be an oni despite the fact that he's literally an demon. Even if it's dark power part is absent the FD is the anthiesis of Majora, and him being a demon further supports that.

"I need to check this, but iirc the guy got cursed for stealing it, not for having it."

>https://youtu.be/Xt5aPRY4dyM?t=720

"You see, a while back, someone told me I could become rich and he gave me this mask. He said the instructions were inscribed somewhere in here, but when I went to look, I was cursed!"

"I'm not sure if that's enough to describe it as "extreme cold"."

>He's literally moving in a cavern. Made entirely of ice. And sinking into waters in the ice cavern.

"All of those effects are side effects of the woods' transmutation. Resisting it prevents you from transforming and getting affected by the other abilities."

>Resisting the effect is the same reason why Shadow Link has resistance to Power Nullificaation.

"Resistance to Transmutation and Power Nullification (Is completely immune to the effects of the Dark World)"

Eh, I'm not so much against paralysis manipulation, as it is at least partially true. Maybe "Light Manipulation (Can create blinding light that can paralyze enemies)" is better.

Sealing is meh when you consider that thermal water can cool down, or that you cannot use Goron Link when delivering the special milk in MM because Tatl says that it could "spill all over" or something.

This is no different than just being angry at something and calming yourself down with a song you like. There's nothing supernatural in this, so it's not Empathic Manipulation.

"FD is the anthiesis of Majora" Since when? Anyway, the only statement about FD having demonic/evil powers is present only in the American item description, which says something completely different in Japanese, so it's unsupported.

Oh, he was cursed for going into the mansion, not for taking the Mask of truth. Anyway, if Link keeps the ToC he's going to get resistance to curses regardless, so it's useless to debate this.

I mean, either the Dark World works different in FSA, or it's just wrong. Cal even made a thread about it some time ago, and it was agreed that Link should only have resistance to transmutation despite technically being unaffected by everything else the Dark World does.

It literally follows Paralysis Inducement, if anything light manipulation makes far less sense then just straight up Paralysis Inducement.

Why would a seal suddenly change that hot water can cool down overtime? That one statement would go against spatial or sealing, so it's clearly contradicitory.

False equivalence. I will quote this again, "Just like that my depression is all gone! Something just came over me! I suddenly wanted to dance like crazy!" The difference between your example and Darmami's situation is a song calming you down does't suddely have you go straight from anger into dancing. It's empathic manipulation and follows the reasonings on the page.

I already brought up that if he's referred to as an oni he's still referred to as a demonic spirit.

Link went into the mansion, he was perfectly fine, this doubles as support for his ToC reasonings so it's not at all useless.

Then either change the reasoning or this can get the add-ons too. You can't have one or the other.

I think Deku nuts should give both Light Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement, the monsters it affects don't just reel back or hesitate for a few moments as if they're blinded, they get frozen stiff. Not sure about corruption resistance from the FD mask tbh, but he should get it regardless due to having the ToC which was stated to protect against Ganons corruption that turns people into demons. Bottle stuff would be more sealing than spatial manipulation I feel, other than that most of this seems fine.

@Triforce Yeah the Dark World works very different in FSA than it does in ALTTP, it doesn't transmute or nullify anything or anyone in that game, just makes them more evil or something.

If we're going to give Light & Paralysis sure, but I am against the suggestion of making the paralysis as a by-product of the light manip, it'd confuse people in vs threads and make them think if character A resists light manip he'd therefore resist the paralysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back