• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
I'm only 3 books into the series (finished it by now), but there are a few possible revisions to the profiles I wish to address.

Non-Physical Interaction & Sealing
The Agents have NPI and Sealing listed. In their own verse one could argue that that is technically correct, but only because all ghosts have a weakness against silver and iron.

Hence I'm not sure if they should have it for our purposes, seeing as they basically have no more of this powers than any other person with a bit of iron at hand.

Ghost Stamina & Weakness
Minor thing, but it should be noted that ghosts have a weakness against sunlight and are inactive at day, even in dark places.

Nonexistent Physiology
I think the Nonexistent Physiology of the Chelsea Poltergeist is a stretch. It might not have a ectoplasm body, but in essence it's a telekinetic force emitted by its source, which is something existent.

• NPI and Sealing
The main reason for keeping these two, in my mind, is in order to give a perspective to their powers. Yes they wouldn't have NPI and Sealing against everyone, but it does work against ghosts and spirits. I do believe that we should just add something to their weaknesses about that.

• Stamina and Weakness
Agreed

• Nonexistent Physiology
I'm no sort of a genius on Nonexistient Physiology, so I may very well be wrong on that. But how would we quantify it, if not that

1. I guess we can do it that way.

3. Depends on how exactly it works, tbh. It could be that a poltergeist is purely a disembodied soul without ectoplasm body. Or it could be that its soul never really leaves the afterlife and the source just transmits its telekinetic power to the world of the living.

Being conservative I would say it's a form of being non-corporeal.

Btw. Shouldn't the skull be 9-A via telekinesis? He overpowered Ezekiel who should be more powerful than the Chelsea Poltergeist, no?

In fact, the skull should have telekinesis listed in the first place...

I don't remember the Skull ever having or using telekinesis. But the way I understand the rating that I've given them is that the Chelsea Poltergeist is the most capable of causing damage to the enviroment around itself. That doesn't necessarily make it the most powerful ghost. Plus that building busting feat is literally the only feat of that power in the entire series, we'd be looking at an outlier for any other ghost. The Poltergeist was only that powerful because Lucy and Holly charged it with emotion during their fight

Since I only have the books as audiobooks in a different language it's somewhat bothersome to give quotes.

In the last book (The Empty Grave) in the final battle, when they are fighting Ezekiel and Marissa, Lucy smashes the glass of the skull.

Then Lucy and Lockwood fight Marissa and Ezekiel.

In the fight Ezekiel uses telekinesis to launch a sofa at Lucy & Lockwood.

The ghost of the skull then casually stops the sofa mid-air and overpowers Ezekiels telekinesis launching it at the wall instead.

Then Ezekiel launches a file cabinet them, which the Skull again easily deflects out of the window.

And so on.

Ezekiel was noted to be an especially old and powerful ghost, and is a type 3 at that, so matching him should let the Skull scale to the poltergeist.

Ah ya. That makes sense. I guess easily deflecting sofas and file cabinets is a decent old supporting feat.

Back