• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
So after finishing the first Fossil Fighters again for the first time in over half a decade, I noticed that a few of our profiles need some revisions.

These would be:

The issue with Guhnash's page isn't the first key. That's all well and good. The issues arises with the second key. Guhnash's brains are scaled to "At least 4-C" for the following reason; "Contain, regulate, and utilize enough energy to completely annihilate Guhnash's entire body".

Only a third of this is true. Guhnash's brains regulate the flow of energy throughout Guhnash's body. At no point are they ever stated to contain or utilize all of this energy, at once. It's even directly stated that Guhnash explodes when its brains are destroyed as it can no longer regulate its energy properly and its coordination becomes nonexistent.

"I spent a long time in that crashed dinaurian spaceship with its Guhnash tissue sample and experimental data. I realized that, while every part of Guhnash is essentially a living weapon... It can't live without the coordination of its three brains." - Dr. Diggins

"If we can destroy those brains, Guhnash will lose control of its energy and explode." - Duna

"Without its brains to regulate its energy, Guhnash will explode." - Duna, immediately after Guhnash's defeat

As you can see, Guhnash dies because its brains, which regulate the flow of energy through its body and control its coordination, are destroyed. This does not make the brains themselves "At least 4-C". Scaling this way makes even less sense when you consider the fact that the dinaurians deemed Guhnash to be entirely invcible, even after studying it for thousands of years.

"For thousands of years, my people researched ways to defeat the monster Guhnash. We concluded that there is no weapon capable of slaying him. Guhnash will eat this planet. There is nothing that can be done about that." - King Dynal, guy who is currently scaled to Guhnash

So how strong are Guhnash's brains? Well, they were confirmed to be the strongest thing Hunter had encountered.

"Guhnash is unbelievably powerful. This will likely be the hardest fight of your life." - King Dynal

"You must be stronger now than ever. Every part of Guhnash is a living weapon. Its brains will be formidable." - Duna

This should put Guhnash's brains well above legendary vivosaurs such as Frigi and Igno. This would easily make Guhnash "At least 7-B, likely far higher".

This is what the characters currently scaled to Guhnash's brains should be rescaled to.

TL;DR

• Guhnash's first key stays the same. Its brains become "At least 7-B, likely far higher".
  • Hunter, King Dynal, and Zongazonga become "At least 7-B, likely far higher".

Should I just...make these changes?

Because this hasn't been in any way controversial and I strongly doubt more than five or so people on the entire site have played the original Fossil Fighters.

I'll do so, then.

Also why do we have eight pages for Vivosaurs whose stats are just "Unknown" with pretty much nothing else going on? These seem incredibly unnecessary if they don't have actual stats or abilities besides incredibly basic stuff. I could probably dig up some generic vivosaur feats in the games, but said profiles don't seem needed without that.

If the profiles are 100% Unknown and bear no necessity, then yeah they should go. This is something of a pattern I notice in some verses.

Oof.

Agreed.

However, I do have a question about the 7-B feat. Is vivosaur Island usually referred to as only the main area, or is it used to refer to the island as a whole? If it's the second it's definitely a high 7-A feat.

Yobobojojo said:
Oof.
Agreed.

However, I do have a question about the 7-B feat. Is vivosaur Island usually referred to as only the main area, or is it used to refer to the island as a whole? If it's the second it's definitely a high 7-A feat.
IIRC, Vivosaur Island in reference to the tale of Frigi and Igno was in reference to the entire Island, as this would have been long before any of the main area was built. I too think it would be a lot higher than 7-B, considering the island is large enough to contain an active volcano on just a relatively small portion.

Yeah, 7-B always seemed a bit lowballed to me.

Also, there might be something in the manga if you're looking for feats. I know that I already found a supporting feat that says Guhnash consumed the dinaurian sun, but the translation was slightly sketchy.

If the size of Mt. Lavaflow is even remotely accurate, I'd definitely peg Frigi and Igno's feat of potentially destroying Vivosaur Island as closer to High 7-A, though a calc may help.

Guhnash consuming the Dinaurian's sun would be absolutely nuts, as its size would be even greater than initially believed, and maybe, just maybe, KE could be gotten from that, as well (provided its jaw movement wasn't too fast).

It was a word of mouth statement I believe, and it coukd have been the whole planet/star thing Japanese has, so I could be wrong. I think I left a scan in the Translation Request Thread. Unfortunately, it didn't go through.

Give me a sec. I may have it. I don't think a statement will do much good, but I'll try and find it anyway

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
If the size of Mt. Lavaflow is even remotely accurate, I'd definitely peg Frigi and Igno's feat of potentially destroying Vivosaur Island as closer to High 7-A, though a calc may help.

Guhnash consuming the Dinaurian's sun would be absolutely nuts, as its size would be even greater than initially believed, and maybe, just maybe, KE could be gotten from that, as well (provided its jaw movement wasn't too fast).
Sorry for the necro. Was this ever concluded tho?

Back