• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Evangelion Additions and Removals

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Should be pretty straightforward.

Rei Ayanami Additions​

To make things short: Rei's first key should just have the same stats as Kaworu, plain and simple. In the exact same episode where he appears, she creates an A.T Field that is explicitly noted to be as powerful as his, and it is also in this episode that it is revealed her and Kaworu are of the exact same nature: Kaworu is the vessel for Adam's soul, and Rei for Lilith's. Rei, by and large, never uses these powers in-character, but she does have them at her disposal.

By extension, this means Rei should also get all the abilities of Angels as well. And as far as we are aware, this isn't limited to Rei III in particular, since all versions of Rei are effectively the same. It's just the same soul being transferred to different bodies upon death, so the "Rei III" tabber in her Powers and Abilities shouldn't really exist.

The next addition is for Lilith-Rei, and something that requires a bit more explaining. Basically, in The End of Evangelion, Rei merges with Lilith and Adam and proceeds to initiate the Third Impact on behalf of Shinji's wishes. At the beginning stages of the event, she casts several projections of herself all over the world that transform people into LCL upon contact. That much is already acknowledged in the profiles, but something that isn't is that these projections appear across different points in time, as well: One appears to watch Misato and Ritsuko's deaths, before Third Impact was even kickstarted. Another manifestation is seen watching over Unit-01's petrified body after Instrumentality is rejected and Lilith is destroyed, and finally, she briefly appears to Shinji at the end, in what is implied to be days after all prior events.

Furthermore, the last instance is itself a bookends to the very start of the series, where an apparition of Rei appears to Shinji before they even meet, even though the "actual" Rei is wounded and at NERV's HQ, several miles away.

So, Lilith-Rei should get Avatar Creation and Time Travel, I guess, both of which allow her to effectively act before her "birth" and long after her death by manifesting in these points in the timeline. Given that, when crossing time, she consciously chose to manifest to people pertinent to her despite not being physically informed of these events, it seems her general perception of things also extends across time, which would give her Cosmic Awareness as well.

General Removals​

Currently, all of the human profiles have this:

A.T. Fields (While the Lilin's souls are not strong enough to physically manifest them, they still possess them), Self-Quantum Manipulation (A person's ego boundary is what forms their shape and keeps it from breaking down. Also, as shown by Shinji and other Lilin as a whole they are able to reform their bodies after being turned into a quantum state/pure LCL.), Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation (The A.T Field is the ego boundary that keeps a being's individuality and that protects the heart/soul from outside influence)

While the bit about A.T Fields (Which is listed as Forcefield Creation in the profiles) is true, it should not be there. All an A.T Field is, in Evangelion, is the boundaries of one's ego, which maintain a person separate from everyone else. It only acts as an special ability in the hands of the Angels, who actually have souls powerful enough to physically manifest them as energy barriers.

Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation is also unfounded; as mentioned before, the A.T Field is just an individual's sense of self, their ego, without which, they are not separate from any other individual. There is nothing about this that inherently provides any protection against spiritual or mental attacks, and in fact the idea that there is is directly contradicted by the series, since Asuka has her mind ravaged by Arael at one point.

Last edited:
While I do have limited knowledge about Neon Genesis Evangelion as I am only familiar with the original series, this seems reasonable.

Oh yeah I probably want to add to this thread
For some reason I am wholly unaware of, Adam does not scale to Kaworu's P&A, not even the ones Kaworu gets from his A.T field
For example
Power Negation Field (His A.T. Field can block out and nullify virtually all forms of energy and matter, including incoming light, electromagnetism, and sub-atomic particles, within a certain radius)
Is wholly missing from Adam's page
So is Kaworu's immortality
Likely Immortality (Types 1, 3, 4, and 6. As the salvaged soul of Adam, he was deposited into a newborn Kaworu immediately after the events of the Second Impact)
Though this does feel sus to my recollection of Eva, but I am using it to get my point across

There's two staff supporting, there's enough to add this.

Back