• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some DxD Changes

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
First off, Saji's Balance Breaker is currently rated at 6-C for fighting against Cardinal Crimson Promotion Issei (Maou-class). However, this rating is faulty because he only fought CxC Issei at a point when he was still exhausted from the effects of Pseudo Dragon Deification. And from previous volumes, we have reason to believe that Issei's performance drops in such a scenario.

At the start of their match, Issei was unharmed by Barakiel's attacks and Barakiel even admitted that he wouldn't be able to defeat him. Keep in mind that Barakiel is superior to Saji:
Volume 22 said:
Even if I asked, Barakiel-san simply wasn’t going to wait for me; rays of lightning burst forth from his hands, and he continuously fired them towards me! I continuously evaded his attacks in the air. The bolts of lightning which missed struck a corner of the field, generating an enormous explosion! His power was truly extraordinary. Although I’ve recently had to fight against people who were stronger than me, Barakiel-san’s strength was not to be underestimated. Whilst evading the bolts of lightning and closing our distance at the same time, I was able to enter into a melee battle, which I was best at. Barkaiel-san easily dodged my punches, and I was struck by one of his punches in return. Although I had been hit squarely by a solid punch, it didn’t carry enough power. This was all thanks to having fought against those strong opponents so many times. —Even if I was fighting against Barakiel-san in melee combat, I still had an advantage over him! I began to go on a rampage against Barakiel-san in mid-air. Sometimes I would close our distance, and sometimes I would pull away from him. We continued our battle like that in mid-air. In the midst of our fight against each other, Barakiel-san suddenly asked me a question.
Like this, the battle between the two [Kings] became more and more complicated! I transformed my right arm into its Welsh Dragonic Rook form as I attacked, but Barakiel-san retaliated fearlessly. Even if I increased our distance and used Dragon Shot, Barakiel-san would fire off an enormous lightning bolt at me. But whether it was for better or for worse, I had fought against several legendary existences. Barakiel-san was finally struck by one of my direct attacks, and was knocked backwards. Barakiel-san panted in deep breaths as he wiped away fresh blood from the edge of his mouth with his hand.

“…As expected of you. So this is how strong you are…. As expected of someone that Azazel trained.”

Indeed, it’s all thanks to Azazel-sensei that I was able to become this strong. Barakiel-san smiled as he said

“With strength alone, the present me can no longer defeat you. —But, this is a Rating Game.”
After using Pseudo DxD, Issei's performance lowers to the extent that he can't use his demonic power to defend himself from Barakiel's attacks. He explicitly even says it's because he's exhausted from the effects of Dragon Deification:
Volume 22 said:
From here, it was a melee fight between [Kings]! My punches and kicks all hammered down upon Barakiel-san’s face, shoulders, torso, and legs! On the other hand, Barakiel-san’s lightning-imbued punches and kicks also struck my face, torso, and my legs! His attacks of lightning, a combination of electricity and light, were transmitted to me through my armour, and because my reserves of stamina and demonic energy were low, I couldn’t stop myself from trembling due to the damage that was done to my entire body! And amidst the heated exchange with Barakiel-san, I deeply felt it.
To hammer the point home, Saji is only said to be on par with a Dragon King which is far below Maou-class:
Volume 21 said:
Magdaran watched the battle as his facial expression visually tightened. He clearly knew about Abaddon’s [Hole] ability. Not only had he seen Bedeze’s matches on television, his brother Sairarorg’s [Queen], Kuisha Abaddon was a relative of Bedeze. She herself was able to manipulate [Holes], and was someone with considerable strength within her generation. —However, Bedeze was a monster in a completely different dimension. Even Magdaran, who was not good at fighting, knew well that Saji Genshirou possessed power on par with a Dragon King. But, he was still no match for Bedeze; although one reason was due to their poor compatibility, more importantly, it was because Bedeze distinctly understood his own ability and was very proficient with using it. This was the so-called talent that he had obtained after using the [King] piece…. Magdaran once again felt awed by the ‘abnormality’ of the [King] piece.
So, Saji should just be 7-A.

Second, the Rook of the Shooting Star team has a feat of lifting/throwing a small mountain which is Class T:
Shin DxD 2 said:
[Shooting Star]’s Rook, who had a giant body with their height around three metres (originated from a Low-class Devil), lifted a part of a mountain on the island with his barbaric…no, monstrous strength and threw it at Sairaorg-san’s Rook! The members of my team were all surprised upon seeing the astoundingly monstrous strength of team [Shooting Star]’s Rook. Seeing this, both Irina and Xenovia exclaimed,

“Wow! What power!”

He just lifted a small mountain. Just how strong are his muscles?”
Acting as our informant, Roygun-san explained,

“It is true that they are talented, but it looks like they all lived in obscurity back in their respective mythologies. Beings who didn’t have any position, and those whose families were peasants… Even the guy that lifted a small mountain, I heard that because he was a Low-class Devil, he couldn’t go to school and had a job taking care of boulders in wastelands. The other participants also had similar circumstances. And the [King], someone named Shooting Star, participated in the tournament and scouted them.”
He's Ultimate-class, so this should scale to other physically strong characters on that level like the Dragon Kings:
Shin DxD 2 said:
As I said that, he raised his hand and replied with ‘You too’. Riser then continued with the topic.

“You might already know, but there is also a Devil in the [Shooting Star] team. They were a Low-class Devil. However, their power was on the same level as a High-class Devil…no, Ultimate-class Devil. And a Devil with that power stayed as a Low-class Devil and remained lowkey.”

Third, base Euclid is listed as Unknown because he didn't really show any feats. But it was revealed in a prequel novel that he possesess power superior to High-class Devils as a teenager:
DxD Zero said:
With powers that easily surpassed those of the Maous, she was in a position to become the next leader of the family, however, it seemed as if they had chosen Euclid, who, although not as strong as her older sister, but still overcame away from the upper class demons.
So he should scale above High-class devils like Balance Breaker Issei, which is 7-A.

Lastly, I'm going to propose that Ajuka should get Limited Power Nullification based on an application of Kankara Formula shown in Zero:
DxD Zero said:
The water also squirmed and spun as if it were conscious, forming numerous spears and attacking Ajuka from all directions. Likewise, powerful marine beasts, such as giant fish, snakes and titans, also attacked him. These were enough to wipe out an army of millions, or even tens of millions of soldiers. However, none of these attacks were effective against Ajuka. Who managed to incapacitate each of his attacks with a small magic circle, and the wall of water that was heading towards him, immediately became mist and evaporated. He dodged and evaded all the numerous spears thrown at him. Even the beasts that attacked him, suddenly acted as if they had lost their heads and sank back into the water. The water magic of Tefarme, capable of swallowing an army of ten million,

"Kgh!"

Tefarme was speechless at this result. Ajuka was very young and had not even lived a hundred years. However, he had disabled the attacks of the daughter of a Maou, who intended to take the throne in the next generation, using nothing more than a single magic circle. Only a soft aura that rose from Ajuka's body. It all came out of the little magic circle he created in his hand. Ajuka instantly recognized his opponent's attacks, analyzed the various supernatural phenomena that Tefarme created several formulas and fought them with multiple solutions, defusing each of the attacks that she launched at him.
He can disable the abilities of others with Kankara Formula, like turning Tefarme's attacks into mist.

That's all for now but I will add other changes if they come up and provide quotes for them.

Last edited:
Don't know the verse but going off the quotes you posted this seems ok.

I will have to disagree with Power Null for Ajuka. What he does isn't even power null, that is power modification which already is on the profile. He turns water magic thrown at him into mist, which isn't what power null does.

As for the beasts were this actual beasts (like Dragons) or were these just water beasts that were created with magic?
If it's the former that might even give Ajuka mind hax, if it's the latter it gives nothing he doesn't already have.

The rest is scaling and i was never one to focus on scaling too much but it makes sense so i agree.

Last edited:
I will have to disagree with Power Null for Ajuka. What he does isn't even power null, that is power modification which already is on the profile. He turns water magic thrown at him into mist, which isn't what power null does.

As for the beasts were this actual beasts (like Dragons) or were these just water beasts that were created with magic?
If it's the former that might even give Ajuka mind hax, if it's the latter it gives nothing he doesn't already have.

The rest is scaling and i was never one to focus on scaling too much but it makes sense so i agree.
They're beasts created with magic.

This is proof that it even works on beats created by magic though so that's nice, but it's just Power Modification as he's not nullifying the magic, he's changing it.

It does not lead to nullification though?

Nullification would be, he turns the magical water into regular water, same for the beasts. But he does not do that, he just turns the water into mist and practically mind haxes the beast. That's not what nullification would do, there's a key difference between "negating" and "changing".

I'm a bit strong against the "it looks a bit like that so it should be that" mentality cus i've seen a lot of people put technically wrong abilities on the profiles due to that.

I am fine with the additions from the OP.

On Power Modification, it can grant Power Nullification from its application as described on the Power Nullification page:
  1. Some characters accomplish these effects through applications of other abilities rather than a standalone ability in itself, such as using Power Modification to render powers useless.

Back