• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some DBZ questions

Do we treat ki as : Soul+ life force+ physical energy or no?
How fast is instant transmission?
Which Speed tier necessary in order to dodge, outpace, outrun, or be faster than instant transmission?

Not infinite speed if your planning to do something like give Cooler infinite speed for matching it in the movie, its just teleportation and while it allows instantaneous movement from point A to point B, dodging an attack after Goku has used instant transmission or attacking Goku just after he finished his Instant Transmission isn't infinite speed.

Not infinite speed if your planning to do something like give Cooler infinite speed for matching it in the movie, its just teleportation and while it allows instantaneous movement from point A to point B, dodging an attack after Goku has used instant transmission or attacking Goku just after he finished his Instant Transmission isn't infinite speed.
Not really even bothering with cooler
he used A weird version of IT and not his own raw speed.
I'm not talking about dodging an attack after teleporting, I'm talking about dodging or outpacing IT itself.

aka. Let's say goku uses IT to reach from point A to point B, after teleportating, C uses his own raw speed to arrive at Point B before goku appears. It goes like this. BOTH Goku and C start their movements at the exact time [Aka goku immediately teleports, no hand sign] and C uses his speed, C arrives earlier than Goku.
what speed tier is necessary to achieve such results

Not really even bothering with cooler
he used A weird version of IT and not his own raw speed.
I'm not talking about dodging an attack after teleporting, I'm talking about dodging or outpacing IT itself.

aka. Let's say goku uses IT to reach from point A to point B, after teleportating, C uses his own raw speed to arrive at Point B before goku appears. It goes like this. BOTH Goku and C start their movements at the exact time [Aka goku immediately teleports, no hand sign] and C uses his speed, C arrives earlier than Goku.
what speed tier is necessary to achieve such results
Without further context it grants nothing.

Instant Transmission is instant. Infinite speed I guess, goes from Point A to B in a instant. The act of doing it could take longer, Goku has to do the hand motion and sense energy, but once used, the act of going from Point A to B is instant.

At least in Canon, there's some weird shit in nonCanon that makes it look like just super super speed but that's not my issue.

1. Chi Manipulation. It basically falls under the same category as stuff like Chakra.
2. Not infinite, if that’s what you are wondering.
3. Idk but very fast.

Granolah is not faster than Instant Transmission.
I'm sorry but when did I...state that? Or implied that?
1. Chi Manipulation. It basically falls under the same category as stuff like Chakra.
2. Not infinite, if that’s what you are wondering.
3. Idk but very fast.
But isn't infinite moving distances in 0 time? Which exactly what IT does, then being faster than it would give infinite speed

Instant Transmission is instant. Infinite speed I guess, goes from Point A to B in a instant. The act of doing it could take longer, Goku has to do the hand motion and sense energy, but once used, the act of going from Point A to B is instant.

At least in Canon, there's some weird shit in nonCanon that makes it look like just super super speed but that's not my issue.
Yeah, I just want to know how fast you need to be in order to beat the speed of IT

I'm sorry but when did I...state that? Or implied that?

But isn't infinite moving distances in 0 time? Which exactly what IT does, then being faster than it would give infinite speed
yeah no we kinda just assumed it was instant because of the name. he does take like a split second to disappear and reappear, meaning it’s not actually instant.

yeah no we kinda just assumed it was instant because of the name. he does take like a split second to disappear and reappear, meaning it’s not actually instant.
Yeah not sure where you got this from but Instant transmission (also called Instantaneous Movement) is literally instant
Similarly to what Chariot said, the act of using IT isn't instant but the effect of using it is

Not just in it's name but any description of the technique you will find it is literally described as moving you from one point to another instantly

1. Yes I think it's like that because ki is life force, ki is also known as spirit and when someone like moro absorbs ki he also absorbs the soul, and it's physical energy too because it works exactly like a stamina meter.
2. It's instant teleportation so it should be infinite speed.
3. I think infinite speed is enough.

1. Yes I think it's like that because ki is life force, ki is also known as spirit and when someone like moro absorbs ki he also absorbs the soul, and it's physical energy too because it works exactly like a stamina meter.
Yeah good luck getting any of those interpretations accepted here with all the contradictions and anti-feats.

but that would mean Cooler and Granolah have infinite speed...

wait no.
They didn’t catch him between the time he disappears and reappears (notably, the lack of it). They caught him before/after he did it.
so no infinite speed, just really good reactions.

Back