• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Clockwork Additions (Danny Phantom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Acausality Type 1

I was wondering if Clockwork should have Acausality Type 1. He already has 3 and 4 but in the Ultimate Enemy episode when the other Clockwork's appear, the present Clockwork is in his old form but the other ones are in their adult states. Given time moves forward and backwards for Clockwork, the others would have been in their old age as well. This means they aren't effected by the alterations of each other. That would be Type 1 Acausaity right?, Plus they would all be unable to look the way they do if the where effected by his changes and their outfits would have been changed into his because the outfits ghosts are wearing are actually apart of themselves and made of ectoplasm just like them so when present Clockwork changed his appearance, the others would change look exactly like him.

Resistances
Given Acausality Type 4 grants resistance to Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition I was wondering if those resistances should be put on his page.

Thoughts?.

Going off the page it makes sense to me for Clockwork to be immune to time paradoxes, since he doesn't follow a linear flow of time.

I agree. Based off of his own admission he acts differently with time compared to everyone else. It seems safe to assume he would have type 1 based off of the character. As for the other additions if they are typically given to one with type 4 then it seems he should get it too.

It's already default for him to have those resistances if he has that kind of acausality. Adding resistances is redundant and you can just put that in the justification for his acausality like this

Acausality (Types 1, 3 and 4. Blah blah blah...Is unaffected by the ability to manipulate cause and effect, fate, etc.)

@Xtasy

I guess I could do that. You got any problems with him having Acausality Type 1?.

It says in the Acausality page that Type 3 also gives time paradox immunity

Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.

So unfortunately it's redundant to, but hey add it just in case

When you realize their is no point to the thread you made ƒÿô.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back