• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solid Snake vs Ruby Rose

Alright I'm going to try this and hopefully this is fair

Speed is unequalized

Battle takes place in New York at Night

68D8B6F1-CFE5-49B5-95E1-BAEAD40F191A

2518ACB9-53C2-4DE7-A439-D72F46D0EFA9

Solid Snake:

Ruby Rose:

<Not Blake, the person who likes to hide in the shadows.

<Not Yang, the person who fights in CQC like Snake

Really.....?

@Gargoyle One Yang gets eventually one shoted

@WeeklyBattles We reached 7 votes 5 hours ago so grace period likely will be inconclusive.

@WeeklyBattles I don't think the match in the next 18 hours will change from a inconclusive result (though it's not impossible), though this match is very different from the other one.

Yang and Ruby fight differently and have different abilities.

She can't power up if she gets one shoted by something that's 35 tons

Oh yeah, I forgot she had those. She doesn't seem to use them that often though, right? Or at least I never noticed it being used too much when I watched RWBY.

She used dust ammo in her first fight ever before the series even started, in her debut trailer and she used Ice dust in the vytal festival, but she also has fire and lightning dust at her disposal

Ruby's AP is also almost 3x higher and she can amp her speed to the point of speedblitxing opponents who can keep up with her and are even faster than herself normally

Snake is laughably more skilled than Ruby, has 8-B weaponry to one-shot, got High Hypersonic reactions to keep up with Ruby and her Semblance, has Stealth Camo, and as the not-Faunus aura users were never shown to deal with invisible characters, it's definitely going to be useful. With his equipment, and the city environment, he should take this.

His 8-B weapons are restricted

High Hypersonic reactions get hard countered by being frozen solid or stunned wth lightning

7th and 9th comments stating that 8-B weapons need to be restricted otherwise Ruby gets oneshot

Then speed needs to be equalized as Ruby cant keep up

They were talking about a different thread, not this one.

Not at all, as Ruby's still faster in travel and combat speed than Snake.

No they were talking about Snake with his weapons that yield 35 tons of tnt, they werent talking about another thread, they were talking about this one

No actually he doesnt, Ruby is mach 6 combat speed, Snake is Mach 8.9

They were talking about Yang vs Big Boss, not Ruby vs Snake. Did you get the context of the replies?

EDIT: Wait, isn't this Post-Timeksip Ruby, as the OP doesn't say anything about the keys, and both are at their strongest per SBA?

Yes, Snake would have his 8-B weapons in that fight as well, his 8-B weapons are 35 tons, hence why they would oneshot Ruby and Yang

Hypersonic+ starts at mach 10

Check the edit.

Nobody, including OP, mentioned the versions of the characters, so I assumed that it was Volume 4-5 Ruby.

If it were volume 4-5 Ruby this thread would be a mismatch as snake has no way to fight her without the weapons that oneshot her

"who hit's first" fights are not stomps. And by sba, we assume them to be the strongest versions till specified otherwise by the OP

Then snake stomps with High hypersonic speed and 8-B weapons that Hypersonic+ high 8-C Ruby cant fight against

Honestly Weiss would be immensely more fair here, not only can she amo to High Hypersonic but she also has 8-B attacks

Reaction speed cannot speedblitz weekly. It can only help to make plans faster even while under attacks as fast as your combat speed-

no, weekly, still not how reaction works. I can see a hit coming all I want, I can still be hit by it. You know how real human reaction speed doesn't allow us to dodge all attacks slower than it right? Especialy with small things like bullets

Speed

Reaction Speed:

Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.

yeah, the speed at which they can react to. He cannot just jump out of the way of the attack, as that would be movement speed.

He doesnt need to jump out of the way of the attack, he can just move his body slightly to avoid it

Also hold up, what exactly makes snake High Hypersonic? I cant find a calc for it and all the scaling leads back to Raiden who is just High Hypersonic in general speed with no reasoning

Yes and neither come out anywhere near High Hypersonic

The first calc results in Transonic and the second is supersonic

Back