• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solid Snake missing powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonStarFallen

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So, Snake is missing some stuff, so time to fix that.

Resistance to cold and hot temperatures: Surprissed he doesn't have this. He can stay on Shadow Moses island for hours without much bother from the cold there, even in his old age. It's also said that his Stealth Suit protects him from cold. He stayed in a area full of lava in MGS 1 and took Microwave radiation in MGS4, which should give resistence to hot temperatures.

Light Manipulation: Via his Solargun from MGS 4, which can shoot sunlight.

Electricity Manipulation: Via his Stun Knife from MGS 4

Fire Manipulation: Via his white phosphorus grenades.

Madness Manipulation (Type 1), Fear Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation: Via his custom smoke grenades and non-lethal darts, which either make the person laugh and become insane, enter in a fit of rage, scream in fear or cry in sadness.

Sleep Manipulation: Via tranquilizer darts and sleeping gas.

Smoke Manipulation: Via smoke grenade.

He can also see spirits with Sorrow Doll

High Frenquency Blade: Probably the most controversial thing here. So, in Metal Gear Solid 2, Snake gives Raiden a High Frenquency Blade, which is implied to be something he had for a long time. After that, Snake teaches Raiden how to use it, which shows he is experienced with said blade.

So, shouldn't Snake also have that HF Blade he gave Raiden? After all, it was his.

Never mind the above, that wasn't Snake's blade, it was Olga's.

Agree on everything except the HF blade, it seems like it's just something he owns and not that he uses, there's not much of a point to adding it to the profile.

Kirby71 said:
Depends of how cold Island moses is, resistance to Hot, yes, i agree.

The haxes: i agree.
It's in Antartica if it helps. Also, his suit is said to have resistence against cold if it helps.

I don't know if this is an ability in the site or if it falls under poison manip resistance, but his nanomachines and Sneaking Suit provide limited resistance to nerve-gas

Naomi Hunter: The gas that's being dispersed is probably an organic phosphorus-based nerve gas. It destroys the nervous system by interfering with the breakdown of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter. And you don't have to breathe it in for it to kill you. It can enter your body through skin contact as well. Victims die within fifteen minutes of the onset of symptoms such as nausea, perspiration, convulsions, headache, or difficulty with breathing. Your Sneaking Suit will give you some protection. It's made of a material similar to that which the NBC soldiers use. Also, I injected you with nanomachines that contain PAM (protopan chloride), a nerve gas neutralizing agent. But that will only give you temporary protection. You'd better find a Gas Mask!

Also, he could also have limited wind manip with tanegashima (has 1/3 chance of summoning a whirlwind)

Yeah that's resistence to poison.

Wind manip sounds good.

I think this has enough support to be added.

Resistence to cold and hot, Light Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Madness Manipulation (Type 1), Fear Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Smoke Manipulation, being able to see spirits and Air Manipulation.

I added it to the profile btw.

Since this covers weaponry/equipment I figured it'd be best to bring it up here.

A lot of these abilities also apply to Raiden (Metal Gear), Big Boss and Venom Snake, resistance to cold/heat and toxins/gas is also something provided by sneaking suits in general which all of the characters have, obviously there are some differences depending on their respective equipment but in general they all should have

In general: Explosion Manipulation, Light Manipulation via stun/flash grenades, Smoke Manipulation Sleep Manipulation, resistance poisons, hot and cold temperatures with sneaking suits

For Big boss in specific: Electricity Manipulation with stun rod, Air Manipulation with tanegeshima as well and the ability to see ghosts (from MGS3 Sorrow scenes and Extra Ops 61-62 from Peace Walker)

For Venom in specific: Electricity Manipulation with stun arm Perception Manipulation with acceleramin pills and phantom cigar which speed up and slow his perception of time. also Weather Manipulation and Invulnerability with parasite mist and parasite armor

I'll add them to the respective profiles if there aren't any issues

Okay. I suppose that this can probably be applied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back