• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So does Metal Gear have credible laser dodging?

I’ve seen some laser dodging feats such as Metal Gear Ray with Liquid Ocelot Dodging Metal Gear Rex’s Free Electron Laser. Which I’ve seen Calc to 0.72C

But one that has caught my attention is that, in The very first metal gear game for the MSX. Snake has to consistently dodge Laser defence things while sneaking around outer heaven.

and considering characters like Solid Snake Raiden, big boss, ocelot and other characters consistently dodge high hypersonic almost easily. And MGRR raiden is also 0.32C.

What's the calc for this?
Ok this is more explaining then a calc but regular ripper mode is around mach 23,485.264. Ripper mode increases all his stats by 10 times making that mach 234,852.64. Which is actually 26.870089127375% SoL. So I muddled it up with 32% for some reason.

QYQQlF5_d.webp

The Rex vs Ray feat is legitimate but since it would scale to characters who peak around MHS It is considered to be an outlier.

Raiden isn’t relativistic outside of blade mode then again it could be argued it is much faster than calculated because the raindrops are outright frozen in time relative to Raiden meaning he could be much faster for all we know.

I don’t recall snake dodging lasers in MG so some vids would be great for starters.

The Rex vs Ray feat is legitimate but since it would scale to characters who peak around MHS It is considered to be an outlier.

Raiden isn’t relativistic outside of blade mode then again it could be argued it is much faster than calculated because the raindrops are outright frozen in time relative to Raiden meaning he could be much faster for all we know.

I don’t recall snake dodging lasers in MG so some vids would be great for starters.
Go to 2:34 for the boss fight and there it is.

playing as snake you could easily dodge one of them lasers with out aim dodging.

Considering characters pull of these MHS feats consistently and rather easily along with getting hit the Ray/Ocelot laser dodging feat imo shouldn’t be an outlier. But I do admit peaking at around at most Mach 200 to 300 to then being 0.72C is a bit of a stretch.

But also I remember in one of the descriptions for the Shadow Moses incident, it is said the Snake dodged everything Rex threw at him. Which would include the FE laser. I’ll try and look for a scan for that

Back