• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So the naruto kaguya filler

Kinda interesting. Definitely saw some connections to the tale of the bamboo cutter. I also liked the explanation of how she cast infinite tsukuyomi without a moon: she opened a portal to another dimension with a moon it seems? I never theorized that tbh.

That seems so unrealistic and was handled very poorly.

-How would she know of that dimension?

-How would she know there was a moon in that dimension?

-How would she know that the moon had alredy been cast with the Infinite tsukuyumi?

-How would she know how to inmediatley cast the Infinite Tsukuyumi?

Can we add to her profile page: Almighty Push? or was it that palm strike from the hyuga clan? I forgot.

That seems so unrealistic and was handled very poor.

-How would she know of that dimension? She's a cross-dimensional alie -How would she know there was a moon in that dimension? She's a cross-dimensional alie -How would she know that the moon had alredy been cast with the Infinite tsukuyumi? She's a cross-dimensional alien who knows the true purpose of the tree. -How would she know how immediately cast the Infinite Tsukuyumi? It's part of the canon. Hagaromo said she cast it before but everyone was confused as to how since there was no moon. I thought the explanation in the anime is pretty good. Never thought of that, it fits her power set. ...

Can we add to her profile page: Almighty Push? Or was it that palm strike from the Hyuga clan? I forgot.

Also, I wonder what power she was using. She literally exploded several dudes who came charging at her so these abilities must be tied to here race. They are called ogres, right?

No. That's a very crappy explination which doesn't go with canon at all. Is like because his Batman type of deal. So, yeah no realistic at all. Also the wind pressure she use was from the byakugan, the attacks that Hinata uses.

HokageMangaVox said:
No. That's a very crappy explination which doesn't go with canon at all. Is like because his Batman type of deal. So, yeah no realistic at all. Also the wind pressure she use was from the byakugan, the attacks that Hinata uses.
How does it break from canon?

It doesn't break anything , it goes into a lot of unanswered questions which are explain with one word; alien. We as viewers are expected to buy the term "simple" is better, when is not is just bad storytelling even for filler.

HokageMangaVox said:
It doesn't break anything , it goes into a lot of unanswered questions which are explain with one word; alien. We as viewers are expected to buy the term "simple" is better, when is not is just bad storytelling even for filler.
Ahh ok I see you're point. To be fair though, Kishi himself was vague so I can understand why the animators may have been a bit apprehensive about giving her a fully fleshed-out back story about her race. I assume it will be covered in greater detail with the Boruto manga but I'm not sure.

Now that I think about it, Kaguya was always unlike the others. He (Hagoromo) already knew how strong his mother actually was before she eat the Chakra Fruit. In other words, she was deliberately shown this way so people know in and out of universe what this may be approximation of what she used to look like until they set people straight with the full, comprehensive version that's the true story, right? In other words, filler in more ways than one that could be from a hazy memory or history in some form.

Is not that. The Kaguya Arc episodes are very short unlike flashbacks and regular fillers. I want to see more to get to know her better.

The events and her past isn't well explained to many people. And I don't just mean in a meta manner, I mean in-universe as well.

To make it fair, Kaguya herself should have explained better directly or indirectly to others. A lot of people, Including Naruto Uzumaki, have no full knowledge of who she was.

But at the same time though, Black Zetsu did deliberately fabricate a majority of her history. In other words, not even Madara knew very much about her other than her name and some of her power, but what her true intentions were with the White Zetsu and the others. Because of insufficient knowledge, it was exploited.

In my opinion Black Zetsu was an out-of-the-blue moment to kill Madara. I'm not buying any of what came afterwards. The info maybe true but in my eyes it was a nonsensical decision.

Once again I feel like this was another solid episode minus the artwork and some of the animation. I was curious how Kaguya repopulated the earth if everyone was caught in the Infinite Tsukuyumi. And the answer was pretty logical: she revived a few humans so she could harvest more people to give her power. The only question I have is: who was she preparing this army for: momoshiki? I dunno, momoshiki would refer to kaguya pretty enduringly iirc in the Boruto movie so I'm not sure he was her enemy but correct me if I'm wrong. Also it was epic how Hagaromo awoken then sharingan. I just wonder how he will awaken the rinnegan? I'm sure the same rules don't apply to him like Madara and Sasuke but I'm curious as to how they will pull it off. And Hamura, you should have practice sage jutsu too! Then again, maybe he somehow awakens the tenseigan?

Having been someone who was extremely irritated by the amount of filler the anime was going through, was a bit angry when this filler started, finally after all the filler the canon is back only to go back to filler the next episode. That said though I was always curious about the backstory about Kaguya, Hagoromo and Hamura so I am not so annoyed anymore, this is acceptable, in my opinion.

Yet more events. But I can wait and wasn't the least bit angry at all. So, it goes to show us that even Hagoromo didn't conveniently get his near godlike powers at the very beginning instantaneously.

OK...I am not sure if the conversation becoming awkward or becoming uncomfortable to continue further.

So, I'm going to just say without any complaints I am looking foward to see how the events will go.

Well the last filler episode was kinda meh. I wish it was more spectacular but I guess save that budget for the canon material. Still, I think they done goofed by having the So6P split the juubi's chakra into 9. iirc it was Ashura who inspired the sage to do so (correct me if I'm wrong). Still I did enjoy:

1. Seeing the rinnegan awaken. And I had no idea the mark on his foreheard isn't really a mark, it's his MS! That's pretty cool.

2. Seeing the shadows of momoshiki and kinshiki. Also, who the hell is the third shadow?

3. Seeing Hamura go to the moon

4. Ultimately seeing how much the sage and his bro cared about humanity. Also, they friggin fought for months!?

All together I feel like the filler was good but for once I wished they didn't rush with filler. Maybe this should have been 4 or 5 episodes instead of 3.

I was completly disapointed, i'm just gonna drop Naruto until all the episodes are release. The third shadow was that guy who Momoshiki's servent said to absorb before Momoshiki absorb him in the movie.

Back