• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So Let's Talk About Milk Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Milk Wars pages should contain footnotes to avoid cross-scaling in that case.

Ultima Reality said:
Also Superman gains Resistance to 1-A Conceptual Manipulation maybe, as shown in the scan above. so yea.
Since we have Monitors at 1-A now this kinda goes in line with the fact Mandrakk could eat and manipulate every story except the origin of Superman.

OT: Looks good, Milk Wars is weirdly canon but I agree it would be best seperated.

That went way more smoothly than I thought it would. Anyways, since everyone seems to be fine with Milk Wars profiles and there were no disagreements thus far, can I post them or should we wait a little more?

@Ultima

It is probably best to first write drafts in a blog or subsection of your userpage, and show them to us.

Please remember to include footnotes that prohibit cross-scaling.

Thanks.

Would "Do not cross-scale "Milk Wars" characters with the regular DC Comics continuity, as the two have incompatible internal powerscaling structures." be sufficient? I am open to improvements of course.

Well, considering that the Eonymous have the DC Multiverse as a map on a table, and the fact that one of them spilling coffee into it damaged all of existence, I'd say we can indeed scale Milk Wars characters to those of Mainstream DC to a certain extent, but not vice-versa. I mostly took Matt's suggestion to mean that we shouldn't take Milk Wars characters into account when dealing with the higher-end powerscalling chains of the verse and such, so basically treating it as its own isolated thing statistics-wise, but not necessarily in terms of canon.

So, basically:

"Although characters from the Milk Wars crossover storyline are to be scaled to ones present in the mainstream DC Continuity, the reverse does not necessarily hold, due to the its status as a metafictional joke which clashes with certain aspects of the main continuity. However, it should be noted that that events of the storyline still happened, and so can technically be considered canon to the overall verse"

Does anything really show that realm to be the Eonymous' realm though? From what I remember they existed in a void with a TV and that was it. Not that scenery Rita saw.

It's shown to be a living room with a person wearing the same clothes the Eonymous have been shown to use (black astronaut-like suits with tubes connecting to one another) watching a scene from Crisis on Infinite Earths in a TV, it's pretty clear who we are supposed to be seeing.

Would something like this be acceptable?

"Although characters from the Milk Wars crossover storyline are scaled from ones present in the mainstream DC Continuity, the reverse is not allowed, due to the its status as a metafictional joke which clashes with the hierarchical structure of the main continuity. However, it should be noted that that events of the storyline still happened to the Doom Patrol characters, and so can technically be considered canon to the overall verse."

Okay. Thanks. You can probably use that as a footnote text then.

Retconn is up

I take it that Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation can be added to Superman's profile as well?

Well, preferably not based on Milk Wars. As we said in the footnote, we should avoid scaling regular DC Comics characters from it, given how inconsistent and outlier-ish it is.

The real cal howard said:
I mean with shit like Reinhard's 1-A immortality through Mercurius and the like I don't see how this wouldn't be applicable in similar ways, even the Darkseid reference Matt just made.
So, what interpretation are we using?

He was apparently a part of the band "My Chemical Romance", yes.

He also wrote the Umbrella Academy, which has been adapted for Netflix.

Anyway, is there anything left to do here?

So, how powerful is this new Milk Wars stuff exactly? is Cthulhu Mythos tier or something? Because it seems pretty impressive with its whole meta shtick.

We just finished a revision for those characters.

Anyway, shouldn't we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back