• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So I Have A Question About Darkeater Midir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Why is Darkeater Midir only "At least Country Level, possibly higher" when in the same DLC The Ashen One fights and kills Slave Knight Gael who is listed as "At least Large Star Level, possibly Solar System Level"? Just asking because that seems really weird to me.

I know Midir is optional but every other boss in this DLC is listed as "At Least Large Star Level".

the whole of dark souls scaling is a bit ****** on the site

there where a few attemts to fix it but the never really whent anywhere(trying to make lord and things comperable to them such as manus midir and kalameet to low 4C or 4C but it never really whent anywhere)

but we have him as at least 6B due to him being at least comperable to kalameet but most likely stronger due to sheer size and abilities he demonstrates

Quick question, but why would Midir being in the same DLC as Gael automatically make him tier 4? Why should this one dragon be so much stronger then all the others? The scaling is a bit funky, I'll agree with that (down with tier 4 dark souls), but I don't think Midir's scaling is the funky bit.

SpookyShadow said:
Midir is just a child tbh. Him being weaker is obvious
eh he might have been a child like 5 eons ego

since you know the gods put him in service when they beat the everlasting dragons

which is god knows how long ago

well that doesn't but the thing that might is him being overall comperable to kalameet(due to being an everlasting dragon possesed by the abyss and we all saw with artorias what that dose to ya) and kalameet was feared by the whole of anor londo which was at that point still close to its peek of power and had the most of the 4 lords each of who should be 4C or at least low 4C via having power which while weaker is still comperable to gwin

He would be so much stronger than every other Dragon because he's been feeding on the Bullshit the Dark Soul keeps making. Look at what the Dark Soul did to Gael and tell me that it wouldn't do something crazy to Midir.

Look, I don't like tier 4 Dark Souls period and would downgrade the whole verse given the chance. If ya wanna upgrade Kalameet and Midir, then you'll wanna bother Bambu about it. I made Midir's page and scaled it based on his suggestions.

Regarding Midir: I'm against rating him higher. I know why Demon Princes and Gael are rated as Tier 4 though. Gael has the Dark Soul and has canonically killed almost everything in the series, and has the souls of almost all creatures. This makes him far superior to pretty much anyone else and lore-wise Ashen killing him seems to be more of a fluke than anything.

Demon Prince fought Lorian, who is comparable to Lothric, who scales to Lords of Cinder.

Midir has no such direct scaling outside of "same DLC and really hard". Feeding on the Dark Soul isn't really valid, all it does is corrupt them, it doesn't correlate to a direct increase in power and it isn't what made Gael strong.

The Ashen One beating him ain't a fluke at all, he would eventually kill him regardless due to his resurrection and honestly absurd amount of skill.

this is the reason why gael is in possibly solar system. At least Large Star level, possibly Solar System level (Can harm and kill the Ashen One at the end of the game)

If that's the case Midir should be as well since he is also able to do this same feat also at the end of the game.

Striking Strength: Large Star Class | At least Large Star Class, possibly Solar System Class (Able to harm the Ashen One at the end of the game)

once again midir sounds be as well since he is also able to do the same feat and it's attacks are stronger.

Large Star level | At least Large Star level, possibly Solar System level (Able to survive attacks from the Ashen One) once again midir should also be since he's the most tankest and have the most health in the souls series.

So for theses reasons is why i belive he should be the same tier as gael. Thank you very much and good day to you all thanks very much!

A fluke in terms of power. Souls are equitable to a boost in AP, common knowledge. Gael has... well, all of the souls. Every single one.

Anyways none of that proves Midir is High 4-C. He's just a really tough boss.

Yeah, but you have to beat or at least knock Midir off the bridge to get to Filionoire and Subsequently Gael. So he isn't quite optional.

And he hits harder than damn near everything else in the Game. (which might be Game Mechanics, but still...)

You have to beat the Abyss Watchers before fighting a multitude of other Tier 6s. Fight order doesn't matter unless you want to argue every enemy post-Abyss Watchers (skeletons) are somehow Tier 4. How much damage he does is obviously irrelevant as that's literal game mechanics.

OK, then you can word it like this. He survives you beating his ass on the bridge and then he has a full fledged Boss Fight if you go to finish him off.

as much as i would agree with midir being 4C he doesn't in anyway scale to ashen one in power

sure he does survive being slaped around by ashen one but ageing lore wise the ashen one might have smacked it once sending it flying down the mountain

as for why he should be 4C is because he can clearly fend of the 4C stracture that is the abyss which consumed the abyss watchers(in a short amount of time mind you) and he has been fighting it off for eons on end

Sure, I guess that also works. It did take forever to just show he was being corrupted. Hell, it's never even stated if he ever did become fully corrupted.

just wanted to put this into account look at how each of these's makes them go higher if (Those who can harm characters with ____ level durability)

Midir is able to easily harm the ashen one end game which is given durability "At least Large Star level, possibly Solar System level (Able to survive attacks from the Soul of Cinder") in other words he should at least be higher then where he is now at 6-c or low 6-c

Tier 6: Tectonic

6-C: Island level
Characters/Weapons who can destroy an island, or those who can easily harm characters with island level durability.

High 6-C: Large Island level
Characters who can destroy a large island, or those who can easily harm characters with large island level durability.

Low 6-B: Small Country level
Characters who can destroy a small country, or those who can easily harm characters with small country level durability.

6-B: Country level
Characters who can destroy a country, or those who can easily harm characters with country level durability.

High 6-B: Large Country level
Characters who can destroy a large country, or those who can easily harm characters with large country level durability.

6-A: Continent level
Characters who can destroy a continent, or those who can easily harm characters with continent level durability.

High 6-A: Multi-Continent level
Characters who can destroy multiple continents, or those who can easily harm characters with multi-continent level durability.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Sure, I guess that also works. It did take forever to just show he was being corrupted. Hell, it's never even stated if he ever did become fully corrupted.
well shira did say that he was starting to lose himself when we arive so we have the time period between the start of the world and its ******* end

so it was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
That's a ******* long time! XD That's like the best Dark and Corruption Resistance in the Verse.
well he is the decendent of the anchient dragons and those bastards have a firce resistance to all most everything under the sun (lthe sun being lighting in this case)

The Abyss isn't 4-C in of itself nor does Midir scale to the entirety of the Abyss. Multiple non-4-Cs have endured the Abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back