• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So I Have A Question About Darkeater Midir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest chief I have no idea what you're trying to get across by copy-pasting bits of the Attack Potency page.

I think what he was trying to get at is Midir's Only Feat 4 feats are not getting corrupted by the abyss and only staring to lose himself at the END IF THE WORLD, surviving a fight with the Ashen One and then fighting him again immediately after he woke up from getting knocked off the bridge, not to mention he has the same feat that gives Gael his rating which is damaging the End Game Ashen One.

Surviving the Abyss has nothing to do with AP. It's about resistance to corruption, which Midir has in droves. That's the core problem with your argument.

Many creatures survive a fight with the Ashen One. None of them actually scale. It's mechanical that they must provide challenge. Thus fighting the Ashen One is not a reliable feat of strength. Gael's feat is not battling the Ashen One, it's having all of the souls by the end of the world, as per my last posts.

Also, name another Character that fought the Ashen One and lived to fight him just as they woke up from the first fight.

Mr. Bambu said:
Gael's feat is not battling the Ashen One, it's having all of the souls by the end of the world, as per my last posts.
So, this is being ignored and Bambu's mentioned it twice. Not to mention Gael's first key says "Capable of fighting the Demon Prince, who fought Lorian in the past".

I saw that and that's base Gael, not Dark Soul Gael who is like the strongest character in the game aside from Lord of Hollows Ashen One.

20200429 212717

Literally says "Can Harm and Kill The Ashen One at the end of the Game."

Midir literally has the same feat twice.

That still doesn't change the fact that Midir is the only Character in Dark Souls 3 that survives a fight with the Ashen One without being Resurrected Mid Fight, Powering up Mid fight or both.

Him and every single random enemy in the Ringed City. So the Man-faced Bugs are High 4-C now? Are we upgrading the Dragonslayer Armor now too?

Those mooks don't have the feat of ALREADY SURVIVING A FIGHT WITH HIM AND THEN FIGHTING HIM AGAIN RIGHT AS HE WAKES UP.

First. Midir is not the only one to have fought Ashen twice. Patches, Dragonslayer Armor, Alva, etc. All have fought him twice (or have plot-relevant reasons to have fought him twice, in the case of Patches). It still doesn't matter that anyone's fought him twice, as that doesn't negate my point about how fighting the Ashen One can't objectively be a reason to scale to the Ashen One. He physically must have a difficult fight for the purpose of game mechanics, thus nobody can scale outright to him without specific lore reasons to do so, which Midir does not have.

Second. Gael's reasoning, regardless of what you're reading on the page, is irrelevant as he has reasons outside of Midir, i.e., having literally all of the souls and having killed everything else in the world at that point, including other Tier 4s that exist. Please stop using irrelevant arguments to prop up your misguided attempt to blindly upgrade Midir because he is difficult. For the record, I'm fine with changing Gael's wording if it is really such a detriment, as the core reason behind it isn't what's listed on the page.

Third. Once again, Patches, Dragonslayer Armor, and Alva. Your points are literally invalid and you have not actually countered this point, just made a strawman against it about how Ashen fought Midir twice- an irrelevant point.

Make a point or stop doing the equivalent of not reading any arguments and FRA-ing. I expect a bit better from the bloody Souls community than we see on the average anime thread.

At this point i don't really care that much about Gael, but his current Justification does also apply to Midir. When the **** did Patches fight you? I don't remember that at all and I've played the damn game like 7 times. As for the other two, Dragonslayer is a bit weird, I'm legitimately not sure how it even got there but he's completely optional and possibly could've gotten amped by whatever brought him there so he's kinda whatever, just like Alva who died twice, as a Dark Spirit mind you, the guys who jump in from other worlds so he could've just popped up from different points in time in both Irithyll and The Ringed City, as opposed to Midir who actually Survives the first fight and doesn't dissipate into ash like every other boss or character you fight until the second, actual boss fight.

Kinda like the fact that Midir damn near fights you consecutively if you immediately head for his Boss Arena, but OK.

Even if you proc one of the fight events with Patches pre-Ringed City, Lapp still shows up. Hence he's more situational but a valid example. Again, the point of "oh but he fought them twice" isn't actually a counter, but I feel its relevant to point out that your point is further invalid by saying Midir is the only one Ashen fights twice, as it is factually incorrect. Even if it were true it wouldn't be a counter-argument to my point about nobody being capable of scaling to Ashen for the pure and simple reason of game mechanics.

I'm planning to revise the whole of Dark Souls after the forum move so rest assured, the AP scaling will make sense in time.

I'll admit, i was wrong about him being the only person to fight him twice, but he IS the only one to fight him practically back to back without dying the first time. Unlike everyone else.

christ sake

my point hasn't been countered and is being maliciously ignored after I've brought it up seven times

the CRT won't do anything as the forum move will null and void everything now and forward so

I'm closing this for the sake of my sanity and for the pure and simple fact that it is now officially wasting time by not bringing any new points of discussion to light, which is a valid reason to officially close such a thing

make better arguments after the move or drop the point, I guess, and just wait for ovens to suggest something. or don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back