• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, does 4D mean Low 2-C anymore?

Ok, so. Please correct me.

If you're higher dimensional than one thing, that doesn't make you stronger than it at all, right? I can be comparable in power to a 1D object even if we have different dimensions because, really, being higher D is just being a different thing. Like Meters vs Time or Experience Points In Pkmn not adding up to XP in Minecraft.

So, wouldn't the simplist way to interpret it just be that being Hogher D is basically hax? Not AP related at all?

If that's the case, why is blowing up a Space Time of a universe special? I was told it's basically the box that holds a High 3-A universe in place, but... Why would destroying that make you any stronger than Infinite Force or High 3-A power? Considering they rely on the same physics and energy systems, wouldn't blowing up universal space times be more hax than AP? As, maybe the destruction of countless 3D universal spaces and matter within that universe kinda... Is a consequence of breaking the box they are in. It's like destroying the glass that contains water— it's not really a straight up, i'm stronger than you thing, it seems. The Dimensional Tiering page still implies that 4D is bigger and stronger than 3D— that 4D or 3D interacting with 3D or 2D objects can easily destroy those "smaller" objects because they have 0 "volume"— which I suppose we assume would translate to strength, but that's not true according to science and current ratings.

Please explain.

We are currently preparing to revise the tiering system. We will likely get around to this part eventually.

Oh. Isn't this the most basic part of it though? It's like you guys started from the top down.

I believe that 4D do not really means nothing without context, maybe it means the subject have an additional axis, or it exist out of space; for example subjects like Obito could use Kamui to become temporaly 4D in few contexts.

Antoniofer said:
I believe that 4D do not really means nothing without context, maybe it means the subject have an additional axis, or it exist out of space; for example subjects like Obito could use Kamui to become temporaly 4D in few contexts.
NANI

You can ask Ultima Reality to comment here if you wish.

Higher-Dimensional Beings are obviously much stronger than we are by necessity, because of all the additional angles which they would possess, but, since we can't really pick a specific standard on how much bigger they are, exactly, and apply it universally across all of fiction, we can at best put them at "Unknown" if there is no further context as to their nature or scale them relative to whatever other valid feats they have.

However, if you destroy a higher-dimensional space that also happens to be infinite in size, in all directions, then that can lead you to a higher tier. This is because "Dimensions" as we think of them in the most common context are just the real number line.

What this means is that dimensional space (in its most basic form) is represented by repeated cartesian products of the number line, which each represent the addition of a new axis to the system. Hence, 1-D space is the real number line itself (R), 2-D space is what you get when you add a vertical axis to the mix (an axis Y, if you will), forming a plane (R * R, or R^2), 3-D space is the result of doing this a third time, adding another axis to the system (R * R * R, or R^3), and so on and so forth.

So, the axes themselves are obviously infinite in a normal context, as otherwise you'd be trying to get a bounded version of the set of real numbers, which is ridiculous. The fact the dimensions themselves are just iterations of the number line means we can take the measurements of subsets of the space just by pointing at random points in it; say, if I point at an arbitrary non-negative number present in a line, I am taking its Length, and if I point at an arbitrary non-negative number present in both the X axis and the Y axis, I am taking the Length and Height of a subset of dimensional space, and the same goes for all other axes and their multiplications.

What I described above is pretty much what beings who are described as higher-dimensional with no further context are assumed to be: Arbitrary finite subsets of whatever dimensional space they are native to. However, if a higher-dimensional character's sheer size encompasses the -entire- axes of the space which they are native to, as opposed to random small, finite subsets of it, then they can be of a higher tier, and in this case would indeed be of infinitely greater size, although you can also be of a higher tier if you scale to an area corresponding to a significantly large subset of a dimensional space, in which case it just rounds up for convenience's sake.

So, that's what we assume of a Low 2-C feat

...?

Ok, so... That means the "volume" thing on the Dimensional Tiering page is correct?

And Basically, they're stronger, but we don't know by how much.

Please do not bump old threads with stupid questions.

Back