• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So apparently Blue Vegito is stronger than Beerus in the manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegito vs beerus
According Shin in the manga Vegito is stronger than Beerus.
I just want to know what people make of this and if it would effect anything.

We take the anime as canon over the manga but even if we accepted this nothing would really change, it'd just cement Fusion Zamasu > Beerus

This doesn't really contradict anything, but I don't really trust in Shin's word, he was the ones that though that Pui Pui was much for Vegeta.

Supreme Kai aint shit for power gauging. He's a fodder and has no clue about hakaishin power limit. He's not a reliable source

@Joseph @antonio while you are right, one can argue author intent here aswell. Someone had to say it if it was going to be mentioned

Welp, the Pui Pui part was contradicted that time, while here remain without being contradicted/reconneted, I think it can be used then, but I would put him being comparable, not far superior, M Zamasu will remain weaker than Beerus, he oly survived due immortality.

Antoniofer said:
Welp, the Pui Pui part was contradicted that time, while here remain without being contradicted/reconneted, I think it can be used then, but I would put him being comparable, not far superior, M Zamasu will remain weaker than Beerus, he oly survived due immortality.
Didn't Akira say that M zamasu > beerus though?

In all honesty the manga is more canon then the anime is. Toriyama gives both of them a draft page and then toei works around it as a base idea. However Toriyama has been said to have been working with toyotaro and geta his ideas from him personally.

As for the people inevitably saying "the manga is a adaption of the anime", it is not. The manga used to be ahead of the anime.

Im not saying change the way we rate the canonicity of the anime here but it's just food for thought.

"The manga used to be ahead of the anime."

Yes, because it started first and skipped an entire arc.

The fact that that doesn't invalidate the manga being an adaptation of the anime if it only got so ahead by skipping stuff.

The Everlasting said:
I mean, the manga isn't canon anyway, so this doesn't really affect much.
Manga might not be main continuity but it's surely not non canon. Toriyama gives more input to manga than the anime, he personally works with toyble. Anime is not supervised by toriyama, they just get rough draft

Errr, the manga was initially always infront of the anime. The anime then caught up and then the manga skipped the frieza arc.

Not that it changes anything, you cant create a adaption of something if it doesnt even exist yet.

The manga is the blueprint, but it actually does whatever it wants changing stuff from the anime to the point of even ******* entire character motivations. It also has a frenetic pace and skips through a lot of stuff.

Point being, the Super manga is a promotion for the anime.

Both are canon, and neither are non-canon. The anime is just held in higher regard than the manga here, that right?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Point being, the Super manga is a promotion for the anime.
Promotion is the accurate word. Neither is an adaptation of each other. They use each other as reference from arc to arc

Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotarō-sensei's manga as reference.

At this point, I'm not very involved with it. I think going forward, I'll be more involved, but at this point in time, I actually receive more information from the anime team than I give to them. The anime is a little bit further along than I am, but in the near future I'll be ahead, so the information will be going back to them. Regardless, we'll continue to support one another as we go forward.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translati...-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579

In my opinion, both manga and anime are equal as canon as DBZ anime: the three are adaptations, but since DBS doesn't have an original work (Toriyama didn't made a manga of his outline), both manga and anime could be considered primary canon; the only think that separate manga from primary canon is cuz in some new said that is promotional, however, it was the same new that said that it was an anime adaptation, something that isn't true.

In this case, if came first or later, shouldn't determinate the primary canon, and if the story is stupid neither: I can say that the anime is a non canon cuz Beerus think that making a push-up per second is impressive.

I agree with Matthew since the manga is very different from the anime and is not the primary source, we should stick to the canon anime continuity in which there are no statements of Vegito being stronger than Beerus.

@Dark thats not how secondary canon works, as long as it doesnt contradict the primary canon it can be used.

The fact that Zamasu does not have the Mutated and (probably not) the Immortal Soul forms contradict the primary canon and cannot be used.

That Vegito in the anime continuity was not stated to be superior to Beerus and the situation and events are very different from the manga continuity. The same logic should not be applied if someone says that the gods are superior to Immortal Soul Zamasu.

The scene has 0 to with if Vegito is stronger than Beerus and not only does it not contradict the anime but it also matches with wut the producer said about Merged Zamasu.

I think it's more reasonable if we wait for further confirmation from the anime or a databook because i repeat in the manga some character are weaker like Hit while other are stronger like Vegito.

RadicalMrR said:
The scene has 0 to with if Vegito is stronger than Beerus and not only does it not contradict the anime but it also matches with wut the producer said about Merged Zamasu.
what are you talking about? he never said that.

RadicalMrR said:
He refered to Zamasu as a "cheat" character and compared him to Beerus.
yes a cheat and said beerus was stronger in raw power and later we found out said cheast weren't as good as peapeal thout.

Well u guys can scale Vegito however u like but I wanna point out that what is supposed to be secondary canon is being treated like non canon.

shouldn't it be that both should be considered canon unless the manga contradicts the anime in a certain instance ?, i mean we have a boruto anime and manga and we both treat them as canon.

Well, the manga regularly changes parts of the story, including that the Zamasus could not fuse permanently in this case. I do not think that we can use it.

As for Boruto, I think that we currently use the manga as canon, as it continues after the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back