• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sneaky Snake vs Boney Skeleton

Fight starts. Snake goes invisible, and then Snipes from several meters away with guns. Snakes got too much range. Plus his tech. And Sans doesn't have any way to counter invisibility or Stealth.

I mean even if soild snake was invisible or had stealth on his side there is a likely chance sans will dodge the attack leaving snake open to attack.

yeah my vote goes to sans.

Plus sans has powerful soul hax to boot so basically if sans dodges the attack snake is dead basically.

Sans2345 said:
I mean even if soild snake was invisible or had stealth on his side there is a likely chance sans will dodge the attack leaving snake open to attack.

yeah my vote goes to sans.
Didn't Sans die canonically to a surprise attack? I'm gonna asl for a little more info on why you believe he could dodge if Snake attacks like that.

Didn't Sans die canonically to a surprise attack? I'm gonna asl for a little more info on why you believe he could dodge if Snake attacks like that.

Sans did dodge a surprise attack while he was sleeping, but he did got hit by the second

Sans did dodge a surprise attack while he was sleeping, but he did got hit by the second

Well. He did seem to partially be expecting it. Though it's fair point he did dodge that.

I might have to go with Sans here. Invisibility is an issue but Sans literally dodged a surprise attack while asleep. Yes he got caught off guard by the second attack but by that point he was exhausted

Plus Sans throws the kitchen sink at Snake straight away and the box man doesn't lead with invisibility. Even at a high range, Snake then wouldn't need to hide as much, meaning Sans can come hit him before he even considers invisibility

Sans takes it IMO

Well, too be fair, Sans wouldn't throw the onslaught right away cause he couldn't due to distance. Snakes distance away would prevent a right off the bat attacks.

And As for the opener. Well. He wouldn't open with it invisibility if he doesn't get out of sight. But that is a probably opener if he already is a distance away or out of sight. Which is how the fight starts due to distance.

I guess so. The only issue is that Sans knows his range and would teleport to get closer and Snake would try to hit him. Upon seeing Snakes attacks, even if he went invisible, Sans would know, when he gets close enough, not to stand around. With teleportation, Sans can close the gap fairly quickly, so unless Snake goes invisible fairly soon he's done. I doubt he will start with it because there's no real need to at that distance and even if he does, Sans could more than likely anticipate a few attacks anyway after seeing what snake does first

Would he? (Tbh. I despise that Sans used his teleportation so little in the form of combat. And very little in the general game, which Makes when he would and wouldn't teleport hard). Doesn't seem like his attack style is aggressive like that. Plus use to fighting melee. Not gun combat. And if he closed the gap by getting close. He still would have to kill snake before snake kills him. And snake does just need one shot, and has several range, explosives, and others which sans couldn't dodge from so close, plush he better fighting skills and experience. And still could dodge attacks. Doesn't automatically mean he dies when Sans gets in front of him. Plus, I don't believe sans soul hacks one shot. Takes quite a few hits to damage someone stronger. Especially snake who's vastly stronger than anyone in the verse. So even if Sans closed the gap. That's not a promise win since he doesn't one shot, and Snake is carrying a lot of experience, equipment, and skills which could put Sans down close or mid combat. If Snake tosses an explosive. Sans honestly may die there. Those things could graze him and still turn him too dust. Not like he is fighting turn based like he did with frisk, this is constant battle.

I will say. I don't see Sans anticipating any attacks from someone invisible. He did dodge frisks attack. But he at least knew were frisk was. In this case. He wouldn't know where the attack would come from. And he isn't faster than his opponent by a notable amount here. Which is why hitting him was so hard. Due to the speed difference. But since speed is equal, means he likely isn't pulling what he did with Frisk. Especially since the situation is even worse since he wouldn't know where Snake would attack

I'm not sure. Sans atleast will see some of Snake's arsenal when getting closer in range to him because... well... Snake is gonna attack. Once Sans notices him gone, I don't think he'd stand around waiting for something to happen. If anything, he'd more than likely get BACK out of range or retreat somewhere where he is still in range but not close enough to Snake originally. Plus when he dodged the attack while asleep, he couldn't of known exactly where Frisk was and even if he did, he anticipated an attack he couldn't see which is even more impressive. Plus I don't think Snakes attack would be soundless anyway. He could sneak up on Sans sure but given his teleportation is essentially instant (well duh it's teleportation hahaha) he can still dodge it

However, give he hasn't actually fought someone invisible before, I'm going with Inconclusive. I can see Sans dodging the attack and hitting Snake back but his lack of experience against a stealth master with invisibility also suggests he could be found out

I'm switching to Incon.

I'm skeptical to say he backs out. We never see him do anything to ever suggest he would do that. His combat is mostly stand still based, and dodging the area he is in when an attack is sent that direction. He wouldn't stand there and let himself be shot sure. But he would likely do what he always did. Side step it. But in this case. Snake would be on the constant attack rather than thrown one swing, snake would just follow where Sans turns. Much like Sans wouldn't stand there and let himself be shot, Snake wouldn't just stand and keep shooting in the same place. He would follow his target still shooting. Meaning sans would have to be on the constant move. Or else he is getting shot. Unlike frisk, who attacked one general area. Or blow up the area to tag him with the explosion, or just physically throw down, and predict Sans very predictable dodging method and got him that way.

But alrighty, I'll change your vote to inconclusive.

The predictable dodging method didn't kill Sans because it's till takes over 20 attempts to kill him. It's because he's beyond exhausted at that point and Frisk takes a second swipe even though it's not actually there turn yet. I could argue the standi still is just game mechanics but eh

It definitely wasn't Sans's Dodging being predictable that effects him. It was just he was getting tired.

I'll be inconclusive FRA at the moment.

I didn't say him being predictable was why he got hit. I'm saying his dodging thing is kinda predictable and something snake could predict. But alrighty. Two for inconclusive

This sounds like a very close battle, but I think I'm gonna vote for Sans right now, for the reasons given above.

I know, but the reasons that everyone's interpreting as an incon sound like a slight Sans win to me.

Back