• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
One question : if kagutsuchi's feat make him infinitely above the baseline 2-A. Wouldnt that mean every 2-A matches that include SMT's characters would result as a stomp ?

I mean...Metatron is already stronger than Kagutsuchi and he's famous for being everyone's favorite punching bag

Not really?

He would have the AP advantage but then again, that kind of thing doesn't really matter in a fight of 2-A if memory doesn't fails me

The AP advantage in this tier is overrated tbh. It's no different from putting a finite 3-D character against a 3-D high 3-A or 2-C. I don't get why it's treated differently when talking about 2-A, as if hax don't matter.

I mean....

It does, but when you one-shot like crazy and neg regen, it doesn't for very long

By the way, why is Uber Pixie only 2-B when she is canonically on Demi Fiend team until the very end in which they fight against Kagutsuchi?

RKGenki said:
I'm not talking only about SMT
On a more general note then, it's because of the sheer level of abilities that trancendence becomes the biggest factor. You see it a lot in tier 1-A as well?

1-A is different in that regard, as due to not being bound by dimensionality there's not really a way to tell how matches against them would work, and so we go by their level of transcendence

When boud by dimension though, as long as they are on the same dimensional level non AP based hax should still work regardless of the target being infinitely higher AP wise, or else we wouldn't have the likes of Nihilus stomping Goku due to 3-D hax

I do want to mention the Four Devas feat, even if it's just 2-A, since it would affect the scaling chain quite a bit

Reading through this discussion. There is one thing i want to discuss : should Lucifer and Merkahbah get Observation as well ? They fused with Walter and Johnathan, after all

Edit : and Satan ?

Sorry for the late reply. But it would be illogical if they dont, dont you think so ? Walter and Johnathan became a same existence as Lucifer and Merkabah and still retain their will.

Not sure about this. Lucifer explicitly described himself as incapable of killing Demons like Humans can. If anything, Observation would likely be limited to only Walter and Jonathan themselves

They're still reviewing SMT content for review (Desu, Raidou, Soul Hackers, etc)?

If SMT was a more global series and less for the "Japanese" public, there are things like the information is more exclusive and accurate than the translated (localization or by fans) that is not understood at all or is different (like Digimon)...

Extreme123dz said:
They're still reviewing SMT content for review (Desu, Raidou, Soul Hackers, etc)?

If SMT was a more global series and less for the "Japanese" public, there are things like the information is more exclusive and accurate than the translated (localization or by fans) that is not understood at all or is different (like Digimon)...
We can only hope for fan translation. Right now, i dont think Atlus is interested in remake any old games and only focus on the new gen games like SMT V and PQ2 (still waiting for P5 arena ovo)

Edit : if miracle happens, some of the old game will get the Strange Journey Redux treatment, but that's rare

Tfw I make a revision on SMT Low tiers, but nobody cares because everyone likes the 2-As more.

Just a question I see a the demons have abilities from other demons when was stated,showed or implied that higher demons can do whatever lower demons can do.Also why do they have powers from Polaris.Devil Survior is not a mainline SMT game it is not YHVH multiverse it is campus multiverse and the admins are aliens

It's implied by their very nature, since the Original Digital Devil Story Novels show that Reality Warping and other such abilities are passive consequences of their existences, as seen with Loki and Seth passively creating, sustaining and controlling their own Universes which collapse when they die.

Nevermind that Powerful Demons consistently show Reality Warping feats and similar powers, like Yaldabaoth distorting space merely by appearing somewhere and holding his own personal Universe which he fully controls, or Kuzuryu and Satan being capable of destroying the Demon World. It would make no sense for them to have worse abilities than lesser Demons they completely dwarf in power.

Back