• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smoking Hot, literally. Yang vs Kwon

You posted this faster than I updated the profile?

Really?

Regardless, Black Flame just nopes Yang's aura, Kwon has far better skill, and their AP is somewhat even.

Oh, I didn't even think about black flames noping Yang's aura since it technically counts as a forcefield around their body.

Though since this will be CQC, and Kwon is more skilled, I do agree with risci here.

So I'll also vote for Kwon, though I'm going to wait for Weekly as well.

I'm leaning towards Kwon. Man, I should of thought of this matchup.

I find it extremely confusing how people thing that once their aura goes down RWBY characters automatically lose whatever fight theyre in

...I don't think that.

It just so happens that Yang isn't the best at taking hits, while kwon can stand her bones being broken without even a reaction.

Yang will not take to her bones being broken as well as Kwon does.

>Isnt the best at taking hits

>Her Semblance's entire schtick is her taking hits and getting stronger from it

Nani?

Her aura keeps her from feeling the worst of the pain.

Having her bones and insides be grinded will not get any better a reaction out of her than losing a limb.

Gonna point out before the obligatory 'stomp' cry comes from anoyne, Kwon's internal attacks aren't that great. It can knock ya out faster, but it won't be breaking your organs apart or anything.

What are their AP/Calcs? We've overlooked that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like there is a calc for Weiss' AP going around 18.8 tons of TNT. So, lower end 8-B. But Yang can amp.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
They're much weaker without their aura actually, plus pressure points.
No, theyre not. This is never once stated or shown at any point in the series

So, it seems she doesn't have the black flames here, or at least we can't assumne she does. (which are actually blue...)

So Yang does have her aura to raly on.

I still vote Kwon via skill, her aura burning away most of Yang's projectiles, and her having a one-palm-win when the aura goes down.

As in, how skilled she is?

She was trained since birth in martial arts, is far beyond what is possible within the real world, is beyond those who have been in the abyss for decades, and has been trained to expect an incredible amount of differing fighting conditions.

By not being hit, her aura burning away long range attack, and close range combat constatnly burning Yang while she keeps getting smacked by far greater skill.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kwon just outskills fairly heavily here. Once Yang's aura goes down, Kwon's hits will give her more bang for her buck, and Yang doesn't have the skill to be able to counter. Amping oneself is nice, but unless she's gaining some kind of incredibly speed advantage, it'll be fairly difficult for her to land a clean hit.

So, they're near equal in AP, I'd say. However, Yang can amp with her semblance. Even if she outskills Yang, it's not by an extreme amount. She's good, but she's not Composite Human levels of good.

Yang also has a range advantage, and since they start at a range, Yang will surely be able to get in free hits. As well, Yang isn't just useless when her aura goes down, either.

I mean, while both backscale, Yang is a lot weaker than 80 tons. Kwon does start out with an advantage. And since the bst martial artists we nowdays have, she does heavily outskill too.

That, and not only would her flames burn the bullets, but she could just... dodge. Yang doesn't have that great of a fire rate.

That, plus Kwon does have an advantage with the fact that she can chose the area they fight in with her ID creation.

I mean, I think Kwon should outskill the best irl martial artists seeing as how she has superhuman mastery over her art. And her age isn't really an indicator when they train in time dilation barriers half of the time. So she could be 19 and have trained for 15+ years through use of a time dilation barrier. Plus, she was brought up to be a weapon for her guild, to give an indication that she has trained specifically to fight in the abyss.

Though Schnee does bring up a good point. Once yang can't use her semblance, the fight is as good as Kwon's. I think Kwon will be able to outlast with her skills alone.

WeeklyBattles said:
Semblances donet require aura
If this is true, I'm leaning towards Yang. Neither of their APs are absurdly high, not nearly enough to one-shot. If the fight goes on for too long, Yang just amps and beats the crap out of her.

By the way want to league Weekly

WeeklyBattles said:
Semblances donet require aura
Yes it does

It has always required Aura

There are exactly two instances where it's contradicted in the series and everywhere else It's shut down by extensive use of semblance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zV5_P9q7w

Yangs Aura goes off after she one punches Adam.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQS1_3QWt1Q

Aura is stated to be tied with semblance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=41QtMwuZVcM

Emeralds Aura goes down by 5 points after using it on Coco in the forest.

Something as widely inconsistent as Aura (or RWBY in general) shouldn't be taken at face value every scene

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qks_MCFSLMk

Back