• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMITE tier revision

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

I think Arthur can be left as "At least 7-A, at least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C" with Excalibur. A lot of my issues with it are context- we have no idea bow the sword works and can't really tell if it is just super strong, a dura negging type deal, or what.

Antvasima Alright then. Thanks for the notification and for your help.

Bambu Can agree with that. Do you think we can start to make some profiles for the gods we're sure about their tier ?

ArkhamDC06 said:
Antvasima Alright then. Thanks for the notification and for your help.

Bambu Can agree with that. Do you think we can start to make some profiles for the gods we're sure about their tier ?
Probably but I'd like someone to fetch ThePerpetual and show him the results of the CRT, if at all possible.

I messaged him on his wall. I explained the system and i mentionned Arthur's issue but also said it was only an issue about one character so we can still make profiles for the others. ANd i put the link of the thread on his wall in case he would want to check.

No, his dura should remain 7-A unless his armor was made in the same way as his sword.

Dude is just really strong with Excalibur, everything else is just a mortal (albeit one of the best mortals).

But wouldn't that make fights against fellow tier 7's one sided cause of Excalibur one ahotting them, but fights against fellow tier 2's one sided cause they one shot him? Sort of makes him a VERY lopsided character lol.

Yeah, but that's just sorta how this revision has made him. Tbf he can have it restricted (so at least his 7-A fights are even-ish).

Not sure im the biggest fan of how he's ended up here. But it doesn't mwss up my own personal scaling anyways. That said, it will make discussing my favorite match up for him very weird on here. Which is Future Trunks. Cause both have the tools to wreck the other on seconds. But the revision makes it more like a flip of a coin as to who wins. Oh wells. Hopefully whatever Persephone did givws him a boost. Omg wouldn't it SUCK if what she did made all the mortals god tier amd sll the gods mortal tier JUST as soon as we got things figured out? Oh god I hope Hi-Rez doesn't do that. XD

To me Arthur's power mostly comes from his sword. One of his line says he is protected by Destiny and his armor and that it's good to have one on the battlefield but aside from that, nothing indicates his armor has special abilities.

My only issue with mortals is Merlin. Technically, he isn't a straight-up god but he is stated by Jormmungandr (who killed countless gods in the past in countless universes) to be one of the oldest and most powerful gods so i would rather scale him to regular gods than mortals.

So as i said messaged Perp, i wish he will answer soon so this will be finally over.

There COULD Have been something but they made his shield an item and his infamous scabbard is not in play at all.

And how is he NOT a straight up god when the story, as you just said, claims he is one? Granted, he isn't interested much in worshippers and all that and has more of mentor in his role, and a friend to the king. That and over tbe AGES he's been alive he forgot who he was. The Merlin now forgot he was a god and had to be reminded of that fact. He still IS one though. And what power he couldnt draw into himself from his fellow gods of his time, was put into Excalibur. Jormungandr even comments on the well of power within him if I recall. Something that caught him off guard.

He is stated to be one of the oldest gods but in this life, he is a mortal magician. Ageless but not truly immortal as other gods. And yes, he is "alive" since ages but that's the thing, it's a cycle of reincarnation, Jormmungandr slaughtered the gods countless times and with the exception of Olorun, Chronos, Ananke and maybe Terra and Chernobog, all of them are basically reincarnations of their previous selves. And in this life, he is a wizard.

That can be seen as rude but can someone else text Perp (like Bambu since he is an admin) so things would go faster and we can finally end this discussion and make profiles ? I'm kind of tired of how long all of this is (again, sorry if it's rude but we're so close to the end and i would like to make the characters i want).

Woah woah woah what? That's nt how ANY of this works. Jormungandr kills the gods, and sets the mortals free. They forget him, and eventually some tragedy strikes and they MAKE new pantheons subconsciously and they form as real beings. Literally NONE of what you said is in the story. And Merlin ESCAPED being killed. He is still the SAME guy.

It's also a reincarnation system. Each god has been killed before and is always "recreated". I'm sure of this at least. For Merlin, effectively i was wrong. Though i might have not completely understood things for the gods themselves but this is how it is brought up in the story. Wich means that Merlin can scale to regular gods then.

And to be honest with you, by now i just want a final word so we can finally start to makes profiles and end this. This is so frustrating !

Calm down, i effectively saw that i didn't understood the event very well at first. No need to yell.

Mr Bambu So nothing from Perp ? We still have to wait for his word to start things for new profiles and editings ?

I...wasn't yelling o_O no exclamation mark was used. I was more baffled than anything. Sorry if it came across that way. I've read that event stort like four times so I was mostly royally confused as hell lol.

My bad then. I'm just about getting crazy of waiting because we're basically finished with all of this and apparently, the ONLY thing that we must have to start is ONE WORD from Perp but he doesn't answer XD I would like him to answer of Bambu allowing the system and thus to make new profiles.

If Jorm refers to Merlin as a god (can you link that btw?) then that's fine, it also makes sense in the context of Merlin actually using the magic to make Excalibur. If Merlin has to be a special case then so be it, just send the Jorm talk. He may just straight up be a god. Who knows.

Gaara, the whole capitalizing thing is what he's referring to as yelling since it is a big accentuation thing. It comes off as rude, whether intentional or not. Keep in mind.

I've contacted Perpetual on Discord in case he'd like to give some last words.

Alright then. Thanks.

It is in Legend of Camelot, Chapter 5 : Jor is talking to Merlin ""This is the third time we meet, eldest god," said the World Serpent. "There shall not be a fourth."

Then later, you have this dialogue :

"Did you ever wonder how I was able to hide my power from you, all those eons ago?" Merlin bared his teeth in a predatory grin. "I am not the only thing that survived the last turn of your great wheel. All the power of my kin, all that I could save in that last moment, was too much to take within myself. Even a god could not have withstood that. So like a diamond I crushed it into the physical realm, and when time began anew, I forged it into that blade."

Arthur shot Merlin a glance, the shock of revelation clear upon his face. After all this time, he had never known the true nature of the blade he carried.

"I kept it hidden, locked away for so long, waiting for the day I would find the one who was worthy to wield it. The one slayer who had the power to use Excalibur, and strike you down when you returned."

Jormungandr loosed a roar, sending a cyclone of snow and dust lashing over Merlin and the other gods. They stood their ground amidst the tempest, glaring back at the enraged dragon looming over them.

"Deceit," Jormungandr spat. "Lies and trickery. You were always a creature of shadow and falsehood, eldest god. And even if your words are true, my power is too great. You might thank your fellows here for bestowing Ragnarok upon me, with it there is no force in creation that can stop the cycle from turning."

Yeah, just looked up the chapter, too. I think that, with that chapter, we can pretty easily consider Ragnarok to be a huuuuuge amp to power since even with Excalibur it required Merlin to sever it to make Jorm vulnerable, and even then all the gods present were needed to beat on Jorm to distract him for only a few seconds.

The real thing is about Jor's tier. Is he comparable to regular gods or strong enough to be put to Low 2-C as it is implied he actually destroyed universes ?

I'd be fine with leaning towards Low 2-C since the "Cycle" thing sounds like he's responsible for the reset and reset and reset unto infinity of the timeline.

But that's only Ragnarok-amped Jorm. Normal Jorm is probably just "At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C". Fenrir should also be given a Ragnarok tier since he also got stronger.

I agree with this. Fenrir's case is particulary notable since the gods managed to bind him and imprison him in his normal state but as soon as the Ragnarök began, he became powerful enough to almost tear apart all the Norse Gods by himself and Odin was extremely wounded after the battle.

Any news from Perp ?

None yet but he's probably sleeping. If he doesn't respond in two days then we can just move on.

Actually it's never been stated at all of Fenrir had any of Ragnarok within him. I feel he is just as strong as he has always been, as the destined odin killer. Ragnarok is two things. The event and the energy. Only Hades and Jormungandr ever canonically had Ragnarok energy forms. Ans both had it stolen from them. Granted Hades' only borrowed a small portion. Jormungandr had all of it shoved into him.

And no, he doesn't destroy the universe. I already stated as to how it works.

Step 1: gods become to plentiful and powerful to the point they all can drastically effect reality.

Step 2: He begins murdering them and turning their worshippers against them so they can't fuel their power and immortality any longer and die for good.

Step 3: he sets the mortals free to live their lives as he himself fades into alumber.

Step 4: their civilizations grow and they prosper, until calamity strikes that sends them back into an age where they subconsciously begin creating new pantheons rhay would rule over them, the gods forming from mortal thoughts and desires.

Step 5: their number grows as they breed, and make others into gods, and their power and immortality fueled by the mortals, like parasites as Jorm says.

Step 6: the end draws newr and Jorm once again knows its time to kill gods.

Never does he end the universe. He spares the mortals and lets them lice their lives. Only foe them to make new gods and it goes on since time immemorial. A vicious and unending cycle of countless versions of the world. We see just one cycle, and that's the cycle where Jorm is finally stopped. But someone, Merlin, had to cheat death to pull it off.

He destroyed a universe. Avalon. It's even stated by Merlin who remembers he is the only survivor after he bannished Jor from the realm but it ended up destroyed in the battle.

No that's not how it happened. He never destroyed a universe. Avalon is their name for the world of the gods. What Jormungandr destroyed was most of the kingdom of Camelot. And then later wrecked most of what was left of Asgard. But not once had he ended the universe. He is a preserver of creation. It's pest control according to himself. He holds the universe, creation itself, above all else. Why would he destroy it, if its preservation is the biggest reason as to why he slays the gods?

Because the battle was too destructive and violent. And besides, even if didn't want to do it, you won't make me believe a battle implying gods and monsters like him won't do any casualties.

And in the end, the fact that he can kill gods like Odin or Ra (or whoever were the previous pantheon leaders) put him to that extent during the Ragnarök wich clearly has an incidence over his level of power.

The area they fought in had no casualties cause the absolute worst was already done prior tonthe fight thanks to Hel and Fenrir. And the area they fought in was away from the mortals. We even see Jormungandr interacting with the mortals, showing them compassion. And how on earth are you getting any of this? None of that was in the story lol.

Also I think its more lilely he had tier 2 power long before the ragnarok boost. He murdered entire pantheons across countless eons. Meaning pantheon heads to. Guys like Ra and Odin were nothing new to him before this, and they became more of a joke after the Ragnarok boost. I'd even wager that he is likely stronger than Olorun, even without the ragnarok power.

But nowhere in the story was it stated or implied he ended the universe, let alone destroyed the earth. If you can find me a passage where that's stated, I'd like to see it, cause I've read that story waaaaay too many times as is lol.

Mmh guess i was wrong.

Don't think he would really be above Olorun (though why the latter didn't acted when Jormmungandr was active could be used to support the idea) and i don't even think he is basically Low 2-C. He is capable of annihilating all the gods during the Ragnarök wich seems to have an impact on him as he says that he reappears in a specific moment to start his rampage and hhe is fueled with the energy of the event but aside from that, he should simply scale to ther other regular gods.

Back