• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMITE scaling?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Are the tiers for the characters from this game based on actual official in-game feats and descriptions, or based on assumptions that they closely overlap with classic mythological scriptures?

Antvasima said:
Are the tiers for the characters from this game based on actual official in-game feats and descriptions, or based on assumptions that they closely overlap with classic mythological scriptures?
Done based off in game descriptions.

Ymir is the size of a Galaxy - Odin fought him, other heads like Zeus and Ama scale to Odin.

Faster gods like Merc, Ratataskr, and the like are faster than Odin.

Gods slower than Odin for whatever particular reason are MFTL+ for their ability to combat said characters.

What specifically is stated about Ymir's size? Also, what about the gods tiered much higher than Odin and Zeus?

Based on our conversation here:

If one statement about Ymir (that Odin killed him) is false, why should another (that Odin created a galaxy out of his body) not be as well? Is he shown to be the size of a galaxy in-game, and are there any other feats of this scale?

Antvasima said:
Based on our conversation here:
If one statement about Ymir (that Odin killed him) is false, why should another (that Odin created a galaxy out of his body) not be as well? Is he shown to be the size of a galaxy in-game, and are there any other feats of this scale?
You're misinterupting what i'm saying.

Odin's Lore: The All-Father can trace his lineage to the evil Frost Giant, Ymir, whom he slew with the aid of his twoThe All-Father can trace his lineage to the evil Frost Giant, Ymir, whom he slew with the aid of his two brothers, Vili and V brothers, Vili and Ve

In Odin's Lore, he boasts about killing Ymir and using Ymir to make the Galaxy.

But in Ymir's Lore:

As far as it is known, Ymir has long been dead.

In Midgard, in the North, it is believed that Ymir's skull is the sky, his flesh the earth, and his blood the sea. Though, these claims could merely be the boasting of proud Odin and his brothers, who take credit for slaying the first jotunn

Yet there are other whispers. Rumors that Ymir, though not a God, was still a Primeval Being, and as such cannot truly be destroyed.

As such, Ymir is the same Ymir that he was when Odin fought him the first time.

In the above quotes it is stated that Odin's claim of creating a galaxy may be mere boasting without any proof, especially as Ymir is still alive. It seems like there has been an awful lot of badly motivated character boosting going on for this franchise.

Antvasima said:
In the above quotes it is stated that Odin's claim of creating a galaxy may be mere boasting without any proof, especially as Ymir is still alive. It seems like there has been an awful lot of badly motivated character boosting going on for this franchise.
Further on, it states that Ymir was killed, only to be reborn through the Realm of Fire, Muspell, and the Realm of Ice, Niflheim met at the place called Ginnungagap; the void of space. Steam rose and froze again, and from that primordial mixture, Ymir, King of the Frost Giants took shape.

Well, again, if his feat of creating a galaxy is described as boasting, it should not be possible to use it as definitive proof for Multi-Solar System level scale.

All of this seems awfully speculative and uncertain for my taste.

Antvasima said:
Well, again, if his feat of creating a galaxy is described as boasting, it should not be possible to use it as definitive proof for Multi-Solar System level scale.
All of this seems awfully speculative and uncertain for my taste.
2 members of your calculation team didn't have a problem with it.

What makes Odin Multi-Solar System level, aside from being equal to Zeus (Who can create Constellations) and Amaterasu (Who's light emcompasses the whole universe), is hi, klling Ymir, from whom Yggdrasil, the Galaxy-Spanning Tree, alongside his father and brother.

The SMITE profiles are just like the League of Legends ones, based more on the lore descriptions rather than gameplay. In fact, basing it on gameplay for MOBAs and MMOs in general is a bad idea.

The Primordial Greek Deities are 3-C because in the Official SMITE Magazine, which has plenty of canon short stories, we see that Janus holds a bowl containing the mass of an entire galaxy in liquid form.

Chronos and Neith are 2-B for having created everything, and again, there are countless timelines in SMITE as explained by Chronos himself.

@Aparajita The calculation team is very appreciated for helping to evaluate calculations, but are not necessarily always critical enough regarding whether something makes logical sense or not. They can make mistakes like everybody else, and this seeens to be extremely bad foundation for such high power levels. Also, where did they accept SMITE Odin as Multi-Solar System level?

Also, Ymir just revived, Odin and his people did kill him once.

"As far as it is known, Ymir has long been dead.

In Midgard, in the North, it is believed that Ymir's skull is the sky, his flesh the earth, and his blood the sea. Though, these claims could merely be the boasting of proud Odin and his brothers, who take credit for slaying the first jotunn and fashioning the earth from his body parts.

At the beginning of time, the Realm of Fire, Muspell, and the Realm of Ice, Niflheim met at the place called Ginnungagap; the void of space. Steam rose and froze again, and from that primordial mixture, Ymir, King of the Frost Giants took shape. From his body dripped other beings that would become the ancestors of Gods, Men, Dwarves, and of course, Giants. Even the mighty Odin must claim Ymir as his grandfather. Yet Ymir, like all giants, was an evil creature and led his Giant brethren against the Gods. After ages of warfare, Odin and his brothers slew the Giant-King and forged the world from his remains.

Yet there are other whispers. Rumors that Ymir, though not a God, was still a Primeval Being, and as such cannot truly be destroyed. Perhaps he only lies dormant in Niflheim, the realm of ice, eager to return and wreak vengeance upon Odin in his kin."

The first paragraph implies that it could be the boasting of Odin, yet paragraph 2 onwards treats it like it actually happened.

I have a whole gigantic blog posts listing every single feat from every lore text / video, the cutscenes, the Comic Book and the Short stories.

Please read: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Matthew_Schroeder/SMITE:_Powers_&_Feats

There are plenty of High-End feats in SMITE. I am not taking anything out of context.

What to say about Vamana, who grew larger than the Universe, and him being beneath Agni, who was born from the Cosmic Energy that made all things at the beginning of time, or Kali who is the beginning of time itself?

@Matthew Well, the problem is that Odin creating a galaxy is described as boasting. Amaterasu lighting the universe is nonsense, as the light of a star does not carry that far. However, is Zeus stated to create constellations in-game?

Janus holding a galaxy seems valid.

Can you give me the quote about Chronos and Neith creating everything with countless timelines please?

@Matthew All right. I will check out your blog post.

Matthew Schroeder said:
There are plenty of High-End feats in SMITE. I am not taking anything out of context.
What to say about Vamana, who grew larger than the Universe, and him being beneath Agni, who was born from the Cosmic Energy that made all things at the beginning of time, or Kali who is the beginning of time itself?
Well done on the blog, by the way.

Antvasima said:
@Matthew Well, the problem is that Odin creating a galaxy is described as boasting. Amaterasu lighting the universe is nonsense, as the light of a star does not carry that far. However, is Zeus stated to create constellations in-game?
Janus holding a galaxy seems valid.

Can you give me the quote about Chronos and Neith creating everything with countless timelines please?
In Chiron's video, Zeus is said to have placed the Centuar in the skies as the Sagittarius Constellation.

I will post the quotes, just wait a bit, please.

Chronos Lore:

"Time begins at birth, at creation. But, inevitably, time for all things comes to an end.

Except, of course, time itself.

Bearer of the clock of eternity, rimmed by signs of the Zodiac, the Keeper of Time, Chronos, counts every tick of the second hand, preventing interference with that essential forward momentum.

If he knows who or when the eternal clock was wound, Chronos does not tell, but upon the first stroke, he came to be. Emptiness was the ocean, then, and his only companion was Ananke, Queen of Fate. Together, their powers divided the vastness into heaven and earth and sea and sky. "

Neith Lore:

"When time began, there was only endless black waters. Yet, from water comes all life, and from this primordial force was born the first of Goddesses, Neith."

Now for the Multiverse mentions.

https://gyazo.com/861878268168b6f1c9ed1f4b64f4bd7c First mentio

https://gyazo.com/a23560a05277ccc8f8a5eb15f00fac69 Second mention and galactic liquid bowl

https://gyazo.com/57ed4ed54aa11441ccb4b0d93475a510 Third mentio

https://gyazo.com/73235b1c1c2e9428f80ce9be4050d997 Fourth mentio

https://gyazo.com/76d9b24c55e713f75e6397cb35b0a261 Fifth mentio

Alright, but what makes you think that there are not multiple versions of these deities for each of the timelines?

Antvasima said:
Alright, but what makes you think that there are not multiple versions of these deities for each of the timelines?
There are, but I get the sense that since Chronos and Ananke where there at the beginning of time, and thus were responsible for the birth of all timelines.

That said, if there is a consenseus to downgrade him and Neith to Low 2-C to 2-C I will be fine

Well, without statements that Chronos, Ananke, and Neith created the multiverse, I don't think that we can assume that they did.

Antvasima said:
Well, without statements that Chronos, Ananke, and Neith created the multiverse, I don't think that we can assume that they did.
Then we can downgrade them to 2-C. I think it works, specially because the SMITE Verse has multiple realms of existence (Heavens, the Earth Universe and the Underworld).

Alright. That seems reasonable.

So, can somebody temporarily unlock Chronos, Ananke, and Neith, so Matthew can adjust their tiers?

She does not. While she is present in Chronos's lore and even has a picture, she's still not a playable character.

I edited the profiles, by the way.

For the record, last I checked even lower-tier characters like Hou Yi could shoot nine suns out of the sky in a second or two with one attack, that could possibly net Multi/Large Star level and 250 to 500 times FTL for a good deal of the cast.

ThePerpetual said:
For the record, last I checked even lower-tier characters like Hou Yi could shoot nine suns out of the sky in a second or two with one attack, that could possibly net Multi/Large Star level and 250 to 500 times FTL for a good deal of the cast.
Yeah, Hou Yi has a very impressive feat in that and he's Mid-Tier.

Who would that scale to, exactly? Probably other similarly combative people on the same Mythos, at the very least, Guan Yu for instance ontop of everything else he is also happens to be a saint of war. Who exactly, though...?

Back