• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smeargle vs Sans

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Overlord775 said:
snivy spamming attract
thats tactic to you? its like saying lions are smart cuz they bite someones neck instead of a random part of body
Well, it does render the enemy useless, for Snivy and lions alike. It's tactic nonetheless. Regardless of how "simple" you might think it is.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
dude, karma is poison, not actual karma, and sans killed a tier 2 character with it, he even killed frisk whitout karma in his first attack
it unlikely to use me first,if it used it, sketch would takr too long, as hed be dieng on contact with attacks, and hes, and i cant stress this enough, stupid, ********
This is just wrong. Why else would it be called Karmic Retribution? Is hot sauce called hot sauce because it's cold? Is Papyrus called Papyrus because he's Asgore? Karmic retribution is dependant on the sins you've committed. That's the absolute ONLY reason it did so much to Chara. What you don't seem to get is that Pokemon don't exactly commit a lot of sins, and Smeargle is at least somewhat social and is likely non-sinful in order to be social. Sans isn't one shotting shit. Sans having 1 hp is canon, so regardless of how stupid he may or may not be (despite the numerous amount of moves that can boost intelligence) Smeargle can at least land 1 hit. Besides, we don't have an exact range on Sans' teleporting, but considering the genocide right, it's probably not very far. He warned us on the place before Snowdin, and then teleported. Then the player fought Papyrus, went through waterfall, AND fought a massively buffed Undyne, as well as the monster kid drama. Sans had only made it to the mall before the Core. From what he see in combat, well, we don't see much in combat. So don't wank Sans' teleportation and just say he can poof out of danger whenever. That'll also drain his Stamina, something smeargle doesn't have to worry about.

it is not called karmic retribution, and there is a character whos attacks are named after brain failures, does he attack your brain?

is vegetas big bang attack a big bang? and hot sauce isnt hot

lel no, have you seen the manga, there are pokemon that melt in half and get decapitated.

no, sans has never been stated to be canon, and data mining is noncano, unless you belive that asriel has 8 attack

sans teletrasports at the very least a few dozins meters

and no, again, he wasent trying to stop you, he only fought you because all the timlines came to a stop and he couldent let that happen.

make a content revision if you dont agree

Ricsi-viragosi said:
it is not called karmic retribution, and there is a character whos attacks are named after brain failures, does he attack your brain?
is vegetas big bang attack a big bang? and hot sauce isnt hot

lel no, have you seen the manga, there are pokemon that melt in half and get decapitated.

no, sans has never been stated to be canon, and data mining is noncano, unless you belive that asriel has 8 attack

sans teletrasports at the very least a few dozins meters

and no, again, he wasent trying to stop you, he only fought you because all the timlines came to a stop and he couldent let that happen.

make a content revision if you dont agree
Okay, I'm not one for cheap shots, but please grammar and spell check. Now hopping into it; what exactly was this reply?

"He wasn't trying to stop you. He only fought you because all the timelines came to a stop and he couldn't let that happen."

This is just wrong. First of all "all" the timelines never came to stop. It was certain ones, which is exactly what alerted Sans in the first palce. Two, there's a problem with your logic. If all the timelines already stopped, then what is Sans supposed to not let happen? Your logic doesn't make sense. Also: "he couldn't let that happen" is literally saying he's trying to stop you, which contradicts what you said earlier about him not trying to stop you. Also, we killed everyone he loves. Why would you think he was trying to not just stop, but kill us?

"No Sans has never been stated to be canon"

What? His ingame stats confirm he has 1 hp. So it's canon, ingame or datamined.

Also. You barely responded to any of the points I've made. I suggest you concede.

@ Rocky I think the guy isnt a native speaker, not entirely sure if it justifies the mistakes but it would at least explain its frequencies

AquaWaifu said:
@ Rocky I think the guy isnt a native speaker, not entirely sure if it justifies the mistakes but it would at least explain its frequencies
That would make sense. I feel bad now lol.

Rockblaster8 said:
"He wasn't trying to stop you. He only fought you because all the timelines came to a stop and he couldn't let that happen."

This is just wrong. First of all "all" the timelines never came to stop. It was certain ones, which is exactly what alerted Sans in the first palce. Two, there's a problem with your logic. If all the timelines already stopped, then what is Sans supposed to not let happen? Your logic doesn't make sense. Also: "he couldn't let that happen" is literally saying he's trying to stop you, which contradicts what you said earlier about him not trying to stop you. Also, we killed everyone he loves. Why would you think he was trying to not just stop, but kill us?

Also. You barely responded to any of the points I've made. I suggest you concede.
1 i quote:

our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timesspace continuum. timelines jumping left and right, stopping and staring, until suddenly, everything ends

2 he hoped he could stop the end of the world, wouldent you at least try?a

3 he dindt try to stop your genocidse, as he knew he couldent, but he couldent let the end of the world come whitout trying to do something, he knows we can come back from death, and he tried to get the player to quit .

no, his def and attack is one, nmot hp, or could you quote where they confirm that?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Rockblaster8 said:

1 i quote:
our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timesspace continuum. timelines jumping left and right, stopping and staring, until suddenly, everything ends

2 he hoped he could stop the end of the world, wouldent you at least try?a

3 he dindt try to stop your genocidse, as he knew he couldent, but he couldent let the end of the world come whitout trying to do something, he knows we can come back from death, and he tried to get the player to quit .

no, his def and attack is one, nmot hp, or could you quote where they confirm that?
1. Do you not understand context? "our reports showed a massive anmaly in the timespace continuum, timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting, until suddenly everything ends"

If everything ended, Timelines wouldn't be able to start and stop, or jump left to right. He's saying "everything ends" in reference to a specific timeline, AKA, not all timelines.

2. You said he didn't try to stop Sans at all. Recheck your comment if you think I'm wrong.

3. What you said here contradicted what you just said. So he tried to stop you, but he didn't? Where's your logic. I'll debunk this mess now: "He didn't try to stop your genocide, as he knew he couldn't, but he couldn't let the end of the world come without trying to do something". This is literally, by all definitions, trying to stop your genocide. If he made you quit, then the genocide isnt' complete. And from this alone, the rest of that "argument" unravels.

4. "Takes one hit to kill". "1 Def" is basically saying 1 hp. Or it's saying it takes 1 shot to kill Sans. Datamining confirms this. Sans really does have 1 hp.

"make a crt if you believe kr is actual karma"

No. Once again, datamining and playing through the game discovered this: "Depending on the victim's level the intensity of [karmic retribution] differs:

Lv 1: No effect. This person is clear of any past major sins.

Lv 2-5: 2-5 points of poison damage.

Lv 6-10: 6-10 points of poison damage.

Lv 11-14:11-14 points of poison damages and removes some INV.

Lv15+: removes base INV and applies 15-30 points of poison damage."

Any more questions?

Overlord775 said:
KR was acepted as soul poisoning, it getting stronger with more sins it's a fan made concept
I'm cool with that, but it's not like the fanmade concept doesn't have some weight, seeing as even the game makes KR stronger the higher your LV is. I probably have to make a CRT to go any further with it though.

Noahkaismith said:
This is pretty irrelevent, we can say that Sans one-shots. Karma is irrelevent.
How is karma irrelevant? Karma lets Sans ignore dura. Otherwise he has 1 atk. Karma is literally the only thing keeping him in the game.

Rockblaster8 said:
How is karma irrelevant? Karma lets Sans ignore dura. Otherwise he has 1 atk. Karma is literally the only thing keeping him in the game.
no, he can do 40 hp dammage per second WHITOUT kr

@Risci-viragosi

..... No. Kr is literally what lets him ignore duability and poison your soul. Why do you think he can do 40 (actually 30) hp a second?

@Noahkaismith

Strawman argument. You said karma is irrelevant and then bring up soul manipulation for some reason.

Rockblaster8 said:
@Risci-viragosi
..... No. Kr is literally what lets him ignore duability and poison your soul. Why do you think he can do 40 (actually 30) hp a second?

@Noahkaismith

Strawman argument. You said karma is irrelevant and then bring up soul manipulation for some reason.
i quote from his page

While his attacks only do a single point of damage, this allows Sans to bypass the player's invincibility frames, essentially meaning he can not only damage any opponent regardless of their defense, but he does a single point of damage
per frame (equal to 40 damage per second)

Rockblaster8 said:
@Risci-viragosi

@Noahkaismith

Karma isn't the only soul manip Sans has...

@Risci-viragosi

No. Karma is what LET'S HIM DO 40 HP. Karma is literally what Sans attacks with. It lets him ignore dura and leave a soul poison. Simple.

@Noahkaismith

Still a strawman as you didn't even respond to my argument, and brought up a completely different soul manipulation for no reason.

I'm going to stop here since the only argument is "make a crt" and none of my other arguments have been disproved except for kr doing damage regardless of sins. I won't exactly make a content revision, rather then a topic questioning it. Final vote is for Smeargle.

Rockblaster8 said:
@Risci-viragosi
No. Karma is what LET'S HIM DO 40 HP. Karma is literally what Sans attacks with. It lets him ignore dura and leave a soul poison. Simple.

@Noahkaismith

Still a strawman as you didn't even respond to my argument, and brought up a completely different soul manipulation for no reason.
no , the bones do 1 hp dammage per frame, aand the purple thing you see is karma

if he did only do karma dammage he would need 90 seconds to beat you, which he doesent

Rockblaster8 said:
I'm going to stop here since the only argument is "make a crt" and none of my other arguments have been disproved except for kr doing damage regardless of sins. I won't exactly make a content revision, rather then a topic questioning it. Final vote is for Smeargle.
you ignored the characters pages, if you keep posting about powers characters dont have derailing the thread in other threads you will be reported

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Rockblaster8 said:
@Risci-viragosi

@Noahkaismith

no , the bones do 1 hp dammage per frame, aand the purple thing you see is karma
if he did only do karma dammage he would need 90 seconds to beat you, which he doesent
??? Once again. How many times do I have to tell you you're just wrong. Sans does not inherently ignore durability. I don't know why you think his bones alone ignora durability, otherwise, Papyrus would probably be able to do the same. Karmic retribution ignores dura and gives soul poison. Look this up anywhere.

"you ignored the characters pages If you keep posting about powers characters dont have, derailing the thread in other threads you will be reported."

This is exactly why I'm done with you. How am I derailing the thread? How am I trying to add or take away powers? You're wrong. This is exactly why people don't like the undertale fandom. Farewell.

Rockblaster8 said:
??? Once again. How many times do I have to tell you you're just wrong. Sans does not inherently ignore durability. I don't know why you think his bones alone ignora durability, otherwise, Papyrus would probably be able to do the same. Karmic retribution ignores dura and gives soul poison. Look this up anywhere.

"you ignored the characters pages If you keep posting about powers characters dont have, derailing the thread in other threads you will be reported."

This is exactly why I'm done with you. How am I derailing the thread? How am I trying to add or take away powers? You're wrong. This is exactly why people don't like the undertale fandom. Farewell.
papyrus page

Powers and Abilities:, Can ignore Durability to an extent via SOUL Magic,

Both of you should stop. Sans ignores durability. I'm not strawmanning, KR is literally just poison. It's not the only reason he can do damage, that's an assumption.

sans teletrasportes it out of it, assuming that it has time to use it

protect acts like a forcefield. And is faster than extreme speed.

teleportation=/= pshychic

its soul based, and it needs time to do it, and its ******** in inteligence

The possibilities are 2: 1) Protect can deflect psychic-based attacks 2) Protect is teleported/moved with the user I think that it's 2, but 1 will make it immune. anyways, I change to Sans via to being able to teleport out of Central Park and avoid in this way being hit by anything.

Back