• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smeargle vs Sans

RRTheEndMan said:
The possibilities are 2: 1) Protect can deflect psychic-based attacks 2) Protect is teleported/moved with the user I think that it's 2, but 1 will make it immune. anyways, I change to Sans via to being able to teleport out of Central Park and avoid in this way being hit by anything.

no, there are attacks that can get through it via portals/ teleprtation (look at phantom force

it only parries attacks that hit it

no, there are attacks that can get through it via portals/ teleprtation (look at phantom force

it only parries attacks that hit it

So how can it block psychic? teleportation isn't getting in with a portal tho

RRTheEndMan said:
So how can it block psychic? teleportation isn't getting in with a portal tho
it vannot block teletrasportations and portals. it can only block things that DIRECTLY hit it

it vannot block teletrasportations and portals. it can only block things that DIRECTLY hit it

Cough psychic cough

RRTheEndMan said:
Cough psychic cough
pshichic needs to reach the enemie and has been to work only on things in sight (by extension, the barrier is in the sight, so it affects that)

and youre gonna ignore phantom force????

what, like, what? it attacks inside of the protection, sans can teletrasport attacks inside the protection

It never "Teleported Attacks"

RRTheEndMan said:
It never "Teleported Attacks"
from his profile:

• Teleportation: While Sans is unable to reset the universe in the manner of someone such as Frisk or Flowey, he has shown to have incredibly potent spatial manipulation, allowing him to teleport not only himself, but objects and other people, as well. During battle, Sans will often teleport his opponent, himself, and his attacks, not only moving himself out of harms way, but moving his foe straight into a new attack. He has also shown the ability to "reset" an individual to their previous position.

RRTheEndMan said:
Weird, I ought him and never saw that. Whatever, this means that sans wins

That bit when the screen goes black for a second is him moving himself, you, and his attacks faster than you can see.

Smeargle stomps FRA

lock-on and extreme speed destroys sans's 1 DEF stat

or maybe Smeargle can just use Swift and automatically hit sans causing him to lose

How do we know Smeargle would use Lock-On, Swift, or any other sort of instawin move, the second he saw Sans dodge? Pokemon dodge attacks all the time, if the anime is any indication. Seeing Sans dodge an attack once would probably not seem out of the ordinary to a character from the Pokemon universe, so I'm not sure he would then immediately go for an undodgeable move, after seeing his first attempt fail.

(This is my time writing anything in the wiki, so I could be completely wrong in writing this, but I've lurked around a bit. Still, sorry if my contribution ends up being stupid.)

Smeargle doesn't really have an in-character lead when it has moves other than sketch. Smeargle has a ton of win conditions (Sans can't defend against Earthquake, Discharge or other AoE moves, among other win conditions) but has even more moves that will allow Sans to close the range and hit Smeargle once with soul crushing bones. @Armorchompy is right.

That being said this is a year old necro.

Oh goddarnit lol, I saw this in the "most recent" updates and didn't bother checking the time of any post outside of the last one. Well, I'm not exactly sure of what one does in this situation, but it's a vote for Sans from me. What a silly way to enter this wiki.

Back