• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smeargle vs Sans

Hmmm...

I'm going with inconclusive. Once Smeargle uses Sketch, it'll be a battle between Sans' skill and Smeargle's Soul Resistance.

since any hit kills sans, Smeragle due Lock-On allowing him to hit him. Also, soul rsistance. IF bones are considered ground type as they are in Pokemon, he's immune to those as well (magnet rise)

Chartate101 said:
since any hit kills sans, Smeragle due Lock-On allowing him to hit him. Also, soul rsistance. IF bones are considered ground type as they are in Pokemon, he's immune to those as well (magnet rise)
Smeargle doesn't start with pre-set moves, only sketch (therefore the battle is gonna be twice the bone throwing and lasers compared to your usual Sans Vs "X" matchup).

Smeargle will take time to sketch all of Smeargle's moves, and Sans, in the end, will still be more skilled and knowledgeable about his powers.

TheNeolancer said:
Smeargle doesn't start with pre-set moves, only sketch (therefore the battle is gonna be twice the bone throwing and lasers compared to your usual Sans Vs "X" matchup).
"Smeargle has access to all the moves that can be copied with sketch" dude, are you blind ?

Smeargle? More like composite Pokemon. I'm not even sure that's allowed lol. If it is, Imprison alone cripples. Let alone Glare, Sheer Cold, Gravity, Swift, Lock On, Sandstorm, Future Sight, Blizzard, Heat Wave, Psychic, Discharge, etc..

This is a ludicrously easy battle for Sans. He's fighting what amounts to a wild animal that has so many moves that it has zero idea what to do with, and by the time it could come up with any sort of strategy, it's already dead.

Sans' KR ignores soul resistance so that point is moot. That plus Azzy's reasons make me vote for sans.

I'm going with Smeargle. Smeargle can literally just sketch+imprison and Sans is done. The only way Sans wins is if we use "it's a wild animal" argument, which has never been used for battles put on its profiles, so I don't see why this is different. Sans usually loses battles vs Pokemon because Pokemon can do so much. Smeargle can learn any Pokemon move. This is a stomp. Smeargle isn't an evil Pokemon. Even if it was, it would be by instinct, and as such, it wouldn't be "evil" as we know it. The 1 hp thing is canon, and Smeargle can literally kill Sans in just about any way possible. This seems like a stomp. Voting for Smeargle.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Sketch can make it so Smergle knows' Sans moves.
but it would be dead by the time it does that and its unikely it wiuld do that with ******** inteligencce

Just noticing I see you a lot. But no, it actually wouldn't even take a long time. In a fight I imagine this would take around 30-45 seconds at the absolute wanked max. Besides, how is Sans doing any damage to Smeargle? Smeargle isn't a sinful Pokemon. I'd like to remind you Chara was a being of absolute evil and Sans still couldn't one shot. In fact, technically, he was doing 1 damage. He just ignored invincibility frames. Smeargle is stated to have comrades in his dex entries, and he's shown in the anime, games, and manga to be at the very least, a somewhat social pokemon. As such, it's probably a decent Pokemon morally. Therefore, how exactly is Sans going to hurt it? Sans can't do any damage, and Smeargle has MORE then enough ways to kill Sans. Besides. Smeargle insta-wins via me first.

dude, karma is poison, not actual karma, and sans killed a tier 2 character with it, he even killed frisk whitout karma in his first attack

it unlikely to use me first,if it used it, sketch would takr too long, as hed be dieng on contact with attacks, and hes, and i cant stress this enough, stupid, ********

Smeargle knows everything it can copy with Sketch. Sans' moves are not Pokemon moves copied with Sketch, unless we're saying "Smeargle has literally every attack in all fiction". If it wanted to use Imprison, it would need to actually first spend time Sketching Sans' moves, then use Imprison itself.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Smeargle knows everything it can copy with Sketch. Sans' moves are not Pokemon moves copied with Sketch, unless we're saying "Smeargle has literally every attack in all fiction". If it wanted to use Imprison, it would need to actually first spend time Sketching Sans' moves, then use Imprison itself.
Sans only really uses two forms of combat, Gaster Blasters and bones. So as long as Smeargle can lock one down he's good, although he'll probably have better luck with Gaster Blasters.

Back