• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small upgrade for two survivors

That's my question exactly. But there's no denying that Joel took Wall-level bullets and lived to tell the tale.

Not in the manner of making sure there's no remains of the skull. See this. And this.

In TLoU, the head explodes completely, leaving almost no trace of it behind. And Joel takes these rounds on a regular basis. I've already posted the Last of Us execution montage video. You're gonna have to use at least a Barrett to achieve the same results in real life.

Damn, that game isn't consistant in the slightest are they?

The zombies fall apart like paper but Joel can't do it to normal humans? The skeletons should still be as strong as humans bare minimum.

Regaurdless, seems like joel 100% should be wall level with those feats. But yeah the car crashs aren't as a big of a feat as you may think.

Won't matter anyway. Those zombies shouldn't be much weaker than normal humans as they can take the same amount of punishment from Joel so I think this is fine.

The car crashes won't matter either unless it was a head-on one.

KLOL506 said:
Won't matter anyway. Those zombies shouldn't be much weaker than normal humans as they can take the same amount of punishment from Joel so I think this is fine.
The car crashes won't matter anyway unless it was a head-on one.
That's what I just said

With enough experts giving their opinion, I guess we can upgrade them now.

Lifting strength of peak human sounds a bit high. Granted he does send people flying with his finishers, probably a good five feet, but I always feel like people over inflate their (most street to Wall Level characters) lifting strength with little reason.

He moves around pretty big objects, and he can overpower multiple human beings with pushing power alone.

KLOL506 said:
He moves around pretty big objects, and he can overpower multiple human beings with pushing power alone.
So athletic human, that makes a lot of sense. Peak human seems like a calc thing.

Unless of course, I'm missing the fact that Joel can snap necks while they're straight.

Right, is there something that heavy that he picks up? You can't really eyeball it unless it's something of a standard weight.

KLOL506 said:
Unless of course, I'm missing the fact that Joel can snap necks while they're straight.
Not sure how much force it takes to do that, but that sounds pretty solid. Perhaps a calc or source would be good.

Sorry, I'm a bit salty because I've done calculations just to have a good justification for characters to have above average and athletic human status while everybody under the sun can slap peak human on anyone and call it a day.

GreyFang82 said:
Not sure how much force it takes to do that, but that sounds pretty solid. Perhaps a calc or source would be good.

Sorry, I'm a bit salty because I've done calculations just to have a good justification for characters to have above average and athletic human status while everybody under the sun can slap peak human on anyone and call it a day.
AFAIK, it takes upto 1250 lbs just to slightly fracture the neck bones with hanging alone according to Wikipedia. Completely twisting the neck and severing the bone, neck, tissue and vessels would require much more force.

So yeah, not at all as easy as in the movies, possibly almost outright impossible for the average joe to do unless he starts stomping. Not at all a good move to use for stealth kills in real life.

Back