• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small regen upgrade for Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
In OoT, he can get run through by the spears of Moblins (like seriously, they charge, impale him, and don't stop) and can get up shortly afterwards. Probably would be High Low or Low Mid.

Is there actually an animation for being impaled (Not graphically of course, just a general animation)?

Because that sounds like standard... attack stuff. It's hard for me to explain.

Yeah. There is. Normally, I'd write it off as normal attack stuff, but...it's pretty grisly for a Zelda game.

I don't see how having a spear rammed into his gut would be a game mechanic when every other hit in the game (except Wallmasters) have Link be thrown back a bit or just grunt in damage.

Because it's the same as Link getting hurt by spiders, which should automatically make him 10-B, which it doesn't cause it's a game mechanic. If it's actually shown in the story, like Dante's Regenerationn, then I'd buy it.

??? Not a good comparison, given how ones a matter of damage output, while the other's a matter of healing. Two totally different facets. Moblins impaling Link is very specific for the game.

Also, Minecraft's Steve has higher Regenerationn based on gameplay, for basically this reason. Heck, a lot of characters have feats based on gameplay.

For the record, I disagree with this. Its plain game mechanics.

Resident Evil characters can take machinery fire (and take damage from it) and they dont show any injury, its not regen. We are talking about normal humans here, btw.

Assassin's Creed characters get stabbed/impaled all day, they dont have regen because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back