• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small question regarding Inorganic Physiology

It only applies to physical beings who lack organs or biological parts, correct? If said character is a spiritual entity or so, they would simply be Non-Corporeal, right?

Well, looking at the pages Non-Corporeal is that lacks a physical body altogether while Intangibility+Inorganic Physiology would meant there physical body exists, but is not tangible and lacks organs, I guess it would mean it's kind a step before non-corporeality? It's just a guess though. Better wait for a proper answer

Inorganic Physiology is the ability to be an inorganic object.

Logically that mean one especially has to be an object first, which indeed means one has to have a physical body.

Yeah, being inorganic its different than being non-corporeal. Spirits are neither organic or inorganic, but rather ethereal (not made of physical matter).

Now that I read the description, shouldn't we change it a little? Not all inorganic beings are objects (Gems from SU for examples). Also, change resistence to biologic manipulation, poison and disease to immunity to biological manipulation and natural poisons and disease.

Wouldn't an inorganic being be a living object? Or what classification do you have in mind?

And no, not immunity. There are bullsh*t poisons in fiction that can dissolve matter or kill non-living things, diseases which can disintegrate metal at molecular level and I'm sure there is some way to make biological manipulation work as well seeing how general the power is.

I said natural poisons, and disolving matter its acid not poison; same apply to diseases, and disintegrate metal do not counts as disease (unless its supernatural one with an strange description, in which case it wouldn't be natural); we rate powers based in general knowledge, not based in exceptions.

That depends of what do we consider as object: a mindless tool, or anything composed of inorganic matter?

Generally stating things as immunities instead of resistance is rather discouraged though, exactly because fiction just has nonsensial and arbitrarily powerful variations of it so that immunities rarely truly holds.

If we restrict it to natural poisons, I suppose, but it also gives resistance against most supernatural poisons, so I feel like its easier to just keep it as resistance, together with the already given reasoning for the ability on the page that should make clear what works and what not.

I would say in this context anything composed of inorganic matter, but if you have a suggestion that incorporates the entire range of thing more clearly I'm fine with changing the wording.

People like Typhus the Traveller have to go and ruin the idea that inorganics are immune to poison, yeah. I think the only immunities we give is stuff like "immune to soul manip because there isn't a soul to manipulate".

Wokistan said:
People like Typhus the Traveller have to go and ruin the idea that inorganics are immune to poison, yeah. I think the only immunities we give is stuff like "immune to soul manip because there isn't a soul to manipulate".
Pretty much.

Though if I ever get to write a fiction I will make a character with the ability to implant things souls, for the sole purpose of killing them via soul hax. Just so that even this soul hax immunity has a counter example ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Welp, object is definied as "anything that can be seen or touched and is for the most part stable or lasting in form, and is usually not alive" or "a collection of matter definied within three dimensional space" [paraphase], so one suggest that the object is something not alive, while the other its simple better. Since people generally do not call living being stuff, is more likely that they refer to the first definition, its better something like "The ability to be an inorganic object or entity".

I think Pucci does that, even immunity isn't safe

Still loses to Culexus Assassins because they go even further, and have a negative amount of soul

Back