• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small One Piece CRT on Zoro's keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
This thread's purpose is to get rid of one of Zoro's "Early Wano Country Arc" key that was added in this thread, while the actual addition of a new key was brought up by Damage he didn't give justification as to why.

The reason why I'm proposing we get rid of the key is it's unnecessary and bloats the profile, which I mentioned briefly in the thread:
My only issue with a third key would be is it necessary; there isn't anything stating he got stronger/would become stronger like with the Onigashima/Enma key nor has he gained any new attributes that his prior key didn't possess, and as for scaling no one scales to Zoro in his first key and he scales only marginally above opponent's he one-shot.
To put it into perspective the only actual difference between this key and his prior key, which covers 6 arcs already, is one feat which puts his base rating at baseline 7-A+ (550 megatons) while his previous base rating scales far above 7-A (108.16 Megatons and 122 Megatons) for one-shotting characters that scale to those values.

So my proposition is to just combine Early Wano with the first key as it was before, making his profile's first key look like this:
Tier: 7-A, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura

Attack Potency: Mountain level+ (One shot an amped Hyouzou, who is at least 4 times stronger than the one who could take a hit from Gear 2nd Luffy before he overdosed on Energy Steroids. Cut down Monet's snow wall, while a smaller one could take the majority of a Gatling Gun from Gear 2nd Luffy w/ Busoshoku. Would have killed Basil Hawkins if not for his ability), far higher with Busōshoku Haki (One-shot Killer who could clash with him), even higher with Asura

Lifting Strength: Class T (Overpowered Issho's gravity)

Striking Strength: Mountain Class+, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura

Durability: Mountain level+ (Can block hits from those who can match his AP.), far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura

Key: Fishman Island Arc to Early Wano Country Arc

Last edited:
Maybe instead of "Early Wano Country Arc" you could do "Pre-Onigashima Raid" or "Pre-Enma"? I agree with this either way.

I do not think it makes a lot of sense for us to be backscaling Zoro's statistics so far from the early Wano arc all the way to the beginning of Fishman Island arc. He has feats at a certain level during Fishman Island/Punk Hazard/Dressrosa, and he has better, even higher feats during the Wano arc - which took place after a short timeskip where we left him on Zou.

Yes, Zoro never 100% showed that he reached his limits in arcs like Dressrosa but that's not the same thing as proof that he has always been exactly the same level of strength through the Post-Timeskip until he gained Enma. His very feats show a different level of displayed strength.

I don't think it's that unnecessary.

I do not think it makes a lot of sense for us to be backscaling Zoro's statistics so far from the early Wano arc all the way to the beginning of Fishman Island arc. He has feats at a certain level during Fishman Island/Punk Hazard/Dressrosa, and he has better, even higher feats during the Wano arc - which took place after a short timeskip where we left him on Zou.
Why doesn't it make sense, the only difference between Early Wano and the end of the first key is we don't see him for an arc that lasted a couple of days and we know from Kin'emon that during that time Zoro was passing off as a local in wano "quietly going about his duties" which was recruiting.

The feats you're talking about as I mentioned in the original post were one-shots, so pretty much prior to wano he showed he was far above a level of feats consistently and in early wano we see him struggling against Hawkins where he gets his higher baseline 7-A+ feat. The only difference here is that prior to Wano he wasn't pushed nearly as hard as he was against Hawkins.

Keeping in mind the difference between these feats is Baseline 7-A+ and slightly above baseline 7-A, so I'm not really seeing the huge issue with consistency or whatever.
Yes, Zoro never 100% showed that he reached his limits in arcs like Dressrosa but that's not the same thing as proof that he has always been exactly the same level of strength through the Post-Timeskip until he gained Enma. His very feats show a different level of displayed strength.
They don't show a different level of displayed strength though that's the issue.

I don't think it's that unnecessary.
An entirely new key which is just a carbon copy of the first with a plus added to it is unnecessary bloating. Especially when nothing besides this feat being performed a few days later and being 3-4 times higher than the dudes he one-shot being the only reason for it's existence.

He has feats at a certain level during Fishman Island/Punk Hazard/Dressrosa, and he has better, even higher feats during the Wano arc
What was the feat he performed in Wano Country that he apparently couldn't perform in the previous arcs? Until Kaido, I don't remember a single character who took a full hit from Santoryu Zoro and could resist it.

From Fishman Island to Before Emma I don't remember any power boost that the plot implied on him (Or not even mention of him becoming a little more powerful); so I agree.

Until Kaido, I don't remember a single character who took a full hit from Santoryu Zoro and could resist it.
I second this. Zoro had pretty much no showing of getting stronger UNTIL he got Enma. Prior to that nobody short of an admiral was shown pushing him.
His Santoryu feats pretty much one shot everyone, and his only new showings were during the raid.

Honestly, I agree with the OP. Unless there's some explicit evidence, or even an implication, that he's grown stronger, I think the additional key is pretty redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back