• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Additions for Deku and Bakugo

If what KLOL says is correct, then this Resistance is still applicable to this case, since not only did the lightning strike last for a prolonged period of time (average lightning only last for 30 microseconds), but Deku wasn't on the ground when he was hit.

That wasn't just any standard bolt of lightning either, it was powerful enough to cause a blackout through the whole island.

And as Maitreya has pointed out above, Lichtenberg's scars do not actually come from the heat of the lightning, since it lasts very little (in normal cases), but from the voltage itself, which means that Deku and Bakugo would need Electricity Resistance so that their cell membranes wouldn't be severely damaged by the electroporation.

I don't know how much my opinion is worth considering i know nothing about lightning but given the information provided and @Therefir's argument, i also agree

Though considering only Deku got stroke mid-air, would Bakugou also get the resist?

Yeah but like how we scale lightning normally if they're on the ground they're not taking the full energy or heat value by the lightning since it dissipates throughout the ground but if theh were in air they'd take the full energy and heat of the bolt since there's no medium for the lightning to travel through connected to them
Deku was in the air when he got struck as he was in the air about to kick nine

Back