• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Freddy can’t possess anything other than his body, it has never even been shown that his spirit can possess. He has been forced into that suit.
the puppet and golden freddy were able to possess their bodies without any outside help, and freddy should be no different. his profile lists possession of inanimate objects as an ability anyways. if you don't like it you can go ahead and add to the pile of fnaf crts that'll never go through
When his endoskeleton has been destroyed in the FNaF 3 mini game his ghost hasn’t been shown to do anything but go after William.
i don't think there were any functioning animatronics to possess at that point
Also, Freddy would be able to fall for anything Slenderman can do as shown in the FNaF 3 mini games where he followed William in a suit.
im pretty sure william and shadow freddy are generally considered to be separate entities

Freddy can stuff humans into suits and break skulls while Slenderman can dissect human beings leaving their ribcage exposed, and impaled over 22 people on tree branches.

Since Freddy hasn't been shown to possess anything other than his body/suit, I'd say they are evenly matched in AP i believe, also just like Monzy said, Freddy is easily tricked and it'll probably take Slenderman a while to figure out that Freddy is possessed by the soul of a child.

But the question is, could Slenderman even destroy Freddy, when he is mostly made out of metal and wires, i think he could destroy Freddy with that level of AP i believe.
slender man has no calcs, so he's baseline. you can't just assume their ap is about the same.

the puppet and golden freddy were able to possess their bodies without any outside help, and freddy should be no different. his profile lists possession of inanimate objects as an ability anyways. if you don't like it you can go ahead and add to the pile of fnaf crts that'll never go through
No? Puppet happened because the security one merged with the dead child, and Golden Freddy gets given life as shown in the mini game. In Freddy’s list, it said limited possession.
i don't think there were any functioning animatronics to possess at that point
Okay? So that means Freddy wouldn’t be able to possess anything else then? That’s agreeing with me.

Let’s say Freddy’s spirit will be able to enter the car that has none of the things needed to capture a soul, what then? Freddy won’t be able to move it, it doesn’t have an endoskeleton. If you interpret the poster being changed as Freddy possessing it, then clearly has never moved around. That’s why Golden Freddy hasn’t moved either, the costume doesn’t contain an endoskeleton.

im pretty sure william and shadow freddy are generally considered to be separate entities
“Follow me” Animatronic follows the entity, then William suddenly comes out. Pretty sure that means it was someone wearing a costume to lure the animatronic.

Last edited:
No? Puppet happened because the security one merged with the dead child,
no, the security puppet just went up to charlie because that's what it was programmed to do. she then possessed the animatronic. unless you're trying to tell me that henry somehow programmed the puppet with the supernatural ability to absorb the souls of dead children
and Golden Freddy gets given life as shown in the mini game.
i forgrt..ot......
In Freddy’s list, it said limited possession.
it then goes on to specify "of inanimate objects". it's limited in that freddy can't possess living things.
Okay? So that means Freddy wouldn’t be able to possess anything else then? That’s agreeing with me.
no, i am saying that there was nothing for him to possess except for literal garbage. why would he possess the garbage
Let’s say Freddy’s spirit will be able to enter the car that has none of the things needed to capture a soul, what then? Freddy won’t be able to move it, it doesn’t have an endoskeleton.
it does have mechanical parts which he should reasonably be capable of moving
That’s why Golden Freddy hasn’t moved either, the costume doesn’t contain an endoskeleton.
it actually does, you can see it if you look close
“Follow me” Animatronic follows the entity, then William suddenly comes out. Pretty sure that means it was someone wearing a costume to lure the animatronic.
vsbw consensus is that the entity is shadow freddy

no, the security puppet just went up to charlie because that's what it was programmed to do. she then possessed the animatronic. unless you're trying to tell me that henry somehow programmed the puppet with the supernatural ability to absorb the souls of dead children
The security puppet went up to Charlie and it’s unknown what the process was because the mini game faded away, Charlie’s spirit didn’t latch on to the security puppet soon after she was murdered. So either the two parties merged or something has to be in close proximity for a spirit to possess which sounds complicated.

As for Henry and programming the puppet point, an animatronic doesn’t necessarily have to be programmed to absorb the souls of dead children (that was only for the Funtime animatronics), they just have to be metal or whatever the material is. We could talk more about this but I think this is very speculative lore which isn’t accepted in vsbw.
no, i am saying that there was nothing for him to possess except for literal garbage. why would he possess the garbage
There was the scattered parts and everything else present in the pizzeria (that’s where the “Follow me” mini games take place)

it actually does, you can see it if you look close
Oh whoops, I did not know how I didn’t notice that especially in FNaF 2.

it does have mechanical parts which he should reasonably be capable of moving
That’s a maybe. We wouldn’t know because we have never seen it happen before, what’s to say Freddy’s spirit would know how to start up the car or if he has the capabilities to do so?

That’s a maybe. We wouldn’t know because we have never seen it happen before, what’s to say Freddy’s spirit would know how to start up the car or if he has the capabilities to do so?
Freddy is not gonna drive a car though. He is gonna BE the car, so it will be like walking to him

The security puppet went up to Charlie and it’s unknown what the process was because the mini game faded away, Charlie’s spirit didn’t latch on to the security puppet soon after she was murdered. So either the two parties merged
the puppet at this point was not a sentient being so it seems much more likely that charlie was the one doing the possession there
or something has to be in close proximity for a spirit to possess which sounds complicated.
spirits in fnaf can move around of their own accord, so proximity shouldn’t be an issue
As for Henry and programming the puppet point, an animatronic doesn’t necessarily have to be programmed to absorb the souls of dead children (that was only for the Funtime animatronics), they just have to be metal or whatever the material is.
balloon boy and the puppet don’t seem to be made of metal
We could talk more about this but I think this is very speculative lore which isn’t accepted in vsbw.
tbh fnaf consists almost entirely of very speculative lore
There was the scattered parts and everything else present in the pizzeria (that’s where the “Follow me” mini games take place)
why would he want to possess scattered parts? at least he can move freely as a ghost
even if he can’t start a car, freddy can just possess surrounding cars which have already been started

We are forgetting something, and is that even if Freddy's body is destroyed, his soul seems to remain somewhat attached to the suit.

Bassically, when william destroyed the animatronics, the souls seemed to chase will to the springlock suit, but later, in the bad ending, their souls seem to still be attached to the suits.

Just wanted to throw this into the discussion.

No? Puppet happened because the security one merged with the dead child, and Golden Freddy gets given life as shown in the mini game. In Freddy’s list, it said limited possession.

Let’s say Freddy’s spirit will be able to enter the car that has none of the things needed to capture a soul, what then? Freddy won’t be able to move it, it doesn’t have an endoskeleton. If you interpret the poster being changed as Freddy possessing it, then clearly has never moved around. That’s why Golden Freddy hasn’t moved either, the costume doesn’t contain an endoskeleton.

Man i agree with all of this, how on Earth would Freddy be able to move a car while possessing it, he wouldn't even be able to move around and it would be a waste of time, i mean look at Golden Freddy, he doesn't even have a endoskeleton and yet he uses teleportation as a way of "moving around" so to speak.

We are forgetting something, and is that even if Freddy's body is destroyed, his soul seems to remain somewhat attached to the suit.

Bassically, when william destroyed the animatronics, the souls seemed to chase will to the springlock suit, but later, in the bad ending, their souls seem to still be attached to the suits.

Just wanted to throw this into the discussion.
That was because they all wanted revenge on their murderer so they can all move on to the afterlife, I don't think this applies to someone like Slenderman.

let me get this straight, the wincon being argued is that freddy's spirit possesses a car and runs slender man over?
Yeah that's basically it, honestly it sounds quite silly to me, i doubt Freddy wouldn't even know how to start a car, this is similar to that one VS thread BigSmoke did with Walter White a while back.

i mean look at Golden Freddy, he doesn't even have a endoskeleton and yet he uses teleportation as a way of "moving around" so to speak.
Actually, Golden has a endo
a quick Golden Freddy debunk, sorry for the low quality of the images :  r/fivenightsatfreddys

Freddy is not gonna drive a car though. He is gonna BE the car, so it will be like walking to him
That’s assuming he can even…do that.

the puppet at this point was not a sentient being so it seems much more likely that charlie was the one doing the possession there
The security puppet went up to the child and upon contact the mini game ended, it’s implying that the whole situation was a freak accident not to mention the puppet looks different in FNaF 2 hence why it’s more of a “merge” thing rather than Charlie’s spirit trying to latch onto something. There’s nothing in the FNaF universe that says all humans after dying turn into ghosts that try to possess something unless you think the crying child is Golden Freddy.
balloon boy and the puppet don’t seem to be made of metal
We wouldn’t know.

why would he want to possess scattered parts? at least he can move freely as a ghost
Indeed, so not everything he possess if he could would move.
even if he can’t start a car, freddy can just possess surrounding cars which have already been started
You haven’t stated anything about the city the fight takes place in. I just imagine it as a foggy abandoned area.

Oh by way, I vote Slenderman. Freddy’s AP won’t help him if he can’t hit Slenderman and he will wear out over time, he is just one brute in this situation. Afterwards? Social influencing, being stuck in a suit for so many years with no motive other than just going after your murderer will bound to make you susceptible to manipulation. Freddy is just a poor, lost soul at the end of the day.

Last edited:
ok hi guys slenderman's page is being reworked and he's getting a shit ton of new haxes for his base key, which includes being able to mind control people, wipe people's memories (and being able to alter them too), Madness type 3, and intangibility

ok hi guys slenderman's page is being reworked and he's getting a shit ton of new haxes for his base key, which includes being able to mind control people, wipe people's memories (and being able to alter them too), Madness type 3, and intangibility
Lol Freddy has no hope then.

changes have been applied. Slender now has more busted Social Influencing, Intangibility, technology manipulation that could actually shut freddy off, mind and memory manipulation.

The Eight Pages slender man is on the wiki, which victor surge helped with. you could use that one.

he's not the original, but he damn well is the popular version of him.

Back