• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Size of this Island?

Hi again.

I need some help for a new calc I REALLY want to get to.

I need to know what appropriate size could be applied to these large earth blocks in order to calc a certain feat. For the verse (you likely won't know it) it's from, these earth blocks are considered islands for what its worth - https://skyland.wikia.com/wiki/Skyland_(world)

So what would be the average size of an island?

Earth Block

We can't know without a benchmark, but that's definitely not nearing the multikilometer range given it's small even compared to the clouds surrounding it.

I wasnt expecting the multi-kilo range, however the side part of this floating island is able to hold a town within it. Where all the houses are on the left.

Would that be any helpful?

That appears to be a lighthouse on the top right. Lighthouses tend to hover around 25 m tall. You could use that to scale the rest of the island

Crimson Azoth said:
That appears to be a lighthouse on the top right. Lighthouses tend to hover around 25 m tall. You could use that to scale the rest of the island
That reminds me, where did you get 25 m tall for Lighthouses from?

Guesstimation. I just looked at the heights for a bunch of lighthouses around the world, and 25 meters seemed to be a valid average

Back