• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sinon vs Widowmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Widowmaker due to being an actual sniper who regularly pulls off improbably hard shots (i.e. lining up her secondary objective with her primary objective so that she'll hit the latter once the former dodges).

In addition, Widowmaker won't hesitate for any reason while Sinon does have a shred of humanity left in her.

Sinon has more range so by Standard Battle Assumptions, they start at her max range. If Widowmaker is spotted, she's dead. Judging by Widowmaker's travelling speed, she won't be travelling 2.2 kilometers on foot before she's spotted. Even if Widowmaker finds a way to traverse 2.2 kilometers on foot, Sinon has flight with her Alfheim form so she has the position advantage over Widow.

Also @Reppu

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

Widowmaker's range is several hundred meters, so if what ScarletFly said is true that VSB standards dictate that they start at the longest range of a competitor, then WM falls flat several hundred meters at a disadvantage.

Sinon, I think would likely be able to hit WM at least once in her 7-bullet sniper capacity as she does have some creativity in her attacks that she'd probably employ when she notices that her opponent is a fellow sniper.

By that, I'd think Sinon takes the cake 5.5/10.

@ScarletFly

I don't think this is composite Sinon so flight...eh.

Sinon takes the battle easy. Longer range, similar hit ability (although tactics goes to Widowmaker by a hair).

Reppuzan said:
Widowmaker due to being an actual sniper who regularly pulls off improbably hard shots (i.e. lining up her secondary objective with her primary objective so that she'll hit the latter once the former dodges).
In addition, Widowmaker won't hesitate for any reason while Sinon does have a shred of humanity left in her.
This pretty much explains it.

DeathReaperX said:
Reppuzan said:
Except Sinon has a much longer range, and it starts from her range. Sinon is definitely an accurate sniper from that range and willing to kill... slam dunk.

Mr. Bambu said:
DeathReaperX said:
Reppuzan said:
Except Sinon has a much longer range, and it starts from her range. Sinon is definitely an accurate sniper from that range and willing to kill... slam dunk.
Except Widowmaker can react and dodge bullets. Also she can take cover.

DeathReaperX said:
Yes. So can Sinon. But let's consider rate of fire, shall we, and Sinon. She has killed characters who casually dodged or blocked bullets before. She is also able to fire at a reasonably enhanced rate. It's pretty ridiculous to assume Widowmaker can outclass her by just running forward and casually dodging.

Mr. Bambu said:
DeathReaperX said:
Yes. So can Sinon. But let's consider rate of fire, shall we, and Sinon. She has killed characters who casually dodged or blocked bullets before. She is also able to fire at a reasonably enhanced rate. It's pretty ridiculous to assume Widowmaker can outclass her by just running forward and casually dodging.
Widowmaker is way more experienced in this line of field though. Also considering the 2.2 km distance it would give Widowmaker an easy chance to take take cover and use more effective methods to get closer to her. We're talking about an experienced assassin here not some regular game nerds which Sinon had fought throughout her time in GGO.

DeathReaperX said:
Further snippage occuring here
"Game nerd" well no, I assume you didn't watch SAO. She was ranked as among the besti n the world for a professional game- a highly paying professional game at that. She casually kills off monsters the size of small city blocks and has defeated other similar players (top-ranked).

So yeah, you could attempt to lowball her by saying "It's just a game" but that isn't really true. It uses actual characteristics of your skill. So... Sinon is pretty much as skilled, just not in assassination- no, her skill comes from dealing with even more enemies.

My vote is on Sinon.

Mr. Bambu said:
DeathReaperX said:
Further snippage occuring here
"Game nerd" well no, I assume you didn't watch SAO. She was ranked as among the besti n the world for a professional game- a highly paying professional game at that. She casually kills off monsters the size of small city blocks and has defeated other similar players (top-ranked).

So yeah, you could attempt to lowball her by saying "It's just a game" but that isn't really true. It uses actual characteristics of your skill. So... Sinon is pretty much as skilled, just not in assassination- no, her skill comes from dealing with even more enemies.

My vote is on Sinon.
I actually did watch SAO. None of what you said disregards Widowmaker being the more experienced sniper. Also Widowmaker took a punch from the Doom Gauntlet and survived Tracer's pulse bomb while Sinon's leg got rekt by a machine gun.

You're comparing what is blunt damage to piercing damage? Are you kidding me?

@DeathReaperX:

Please don't quote a post without removing the quoted part in that post. It's clogging up the thread with unecessary use of space.

Also, whatever Widowmaker survived through, is listed for her durability, which is Large Building level, the same as Sinon's.

The difference between what Sinon took and what Widowmaker took is the type of attack.

Bomb = shockwave

Gauntlet = blunt force (correct me if I'm wrong, and that it's not an actual gauntlet)

Bullet = piercing attack

The type of attack interacts differently to someone's durability.

Gemmysaur said:
Thank you for pointing it out. Piercing Damage is more likely to harm a higher durability entity; for example, recently Red vs Blue's weapons have been made City Block level despite not ACTUALLY destroying a city block- just having the potency to do so. So survivng gunshots is a bit different than surviving a bomb.

My vote is and will remain for Sinon.

Not really sure how Sinon is even large building level in durability if a single bullet from a machin gun can take out like half if not most of her leg but whatever.

Considering there are photon swords, it's really not a leap in logic to assume that they have advanced weaponry as well. The guns are very likely much more lethal than those of our society.

Except they seem to operate like normal guns and aren't shown to do much. Only gun in the series shown to do a lot of damage is Sinon's very own sniper which made a small hole or crater (can't recall atm) when Deathgun dodged it.

@Bambu

Overwatch takes place in the 2050s or later so their weaponry is far more advanced than ours.

The Hecate is explicitly based on a modern-day anti-material rifle.

Reppuzan said:
Based on. That does not force it into the idea that it is the exact same gun. For instance, I can create a 500-foot tall monster based on, say, a can of pepsi.

Still giving the win to Sinon.

I'm just saying, the whole, "more advanced weaponry" argument is sort of moot.

Plus, the only reason why Widowmaker's range isn't higher is because she's always fighting in close-quarters. There's really no reason to believe that she can't shoot farther than that, considering the fact that she's comparable to Ana, who did use an advanced sniper rifle in her heyday.

Let's assume her profile is correct, shall we? At least, until she get's an official upgrade.

@Bambu

Since you wanna bring photon swords into this. The attack potency of lightsaber is street level according to the wiki.

Lightsaber

GGO Kirito sliced her sniper bullet in half iirc and he blocked other bullets with ease. Also GGO Kirito isn't as strong as his ALO or SAO versions either. Then again Widowmaker is more trained and has more tricks up her sleeve not to mention she's more experienced which would give her an egde. Range doesn't really mean anything against a person who's more experienced and can react to the bullet you shoot.

Reppuzan said:
Then edit the profile. I'm going based on what the apparent creators decided on her proven range thus far.

NOTE: Sinon's is still 2.2km max with the Hecate, meaning even with that upgrade you're suggesting she would still have 200m to land just a single hit.

@Bambu

I have, and I apologize for not posting earlier, but your attitude isn't helping your case.

It really shouldn't be that hard for Widow to close 200m with her grappling hook and such.

It should also be noted that Widowmaker carries much more ammo than Sinon, who can only handle seven rounds.

@Reppuzan

It should be noted at this point that I'm not exactly the best at stating things in an amiable manner unless I'm explicitly trying to. A lot of people get offended when I don't mean any offense so... that one is on me, my apologies.

Against a normal foe... I'd argue the same, Widowmaker is pretty good at that sort of thing. But with Sinon, considering her experience, I'd be willing to bet at least one shot could definitely hit and if it did... likely would be lethal or at least potentially lethal and would give enough time to finish the kill.

Still handing it to Sinon.

So we're gonna ignore the fact that a street level potency weapon can block bullets, one which shot off most or at least half of her leg? Fine with me.

>Large buidling level durability

>Rekt by a street level bullet

Not making sense.

So from what I see, its:

2km vs 2.2km range

Even Sinon's sub-machine guns/ bow have bigger range (200m/ 400m to dozens of m)

As for experience and skill, do I have to remind you guys Sinon head shotted someone while dodging machine gun fire and freefalling? I would say they're at least equal in that aspect

Sinon's flight gets rid of the problem of mines too

So all in all, I have to give to Sino

@DeathReaperX if we wanna get technical some Overwatch characters have building level dura

yet are Human

>Implying fiction even makes that kind of sense

Also, she lost her leg to the GE M134 Minigun, not the real life M134 Minigun, so even then the ap wouldn't scale

@Reppuzan

Well, in my statement I assumed she was at least equal, as skill is hard to gauge without going to deep

I assumed it was composite, considering how they share the same stats and no differentiation was used in the op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back